Thread: is reboot needed sometime?

1. is reboot needed sometime?

Recently I had to reboot my Asus as Twonky was extremely slow: jitter when playing movies, really slow when trying to play a song (like 1 minute before starting!).

After rebootin everything was fine: I also tried to rebuild Twonky database and to restart Twonky but with no effect.

I must admit it was more than 10days the router was constantly on with MLdonkey heavily downloading.

Maybe this can be of some help for future FW releases...

2. This happened again...It's getting annoying...is anyone experimenting the same problem?

No. My router is consistently up for months at a time doing lots of work.

- K.C.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    No. My router is consistently up for months at a time doing lots of work.

- K.C.
    ciao K.C.,

I think the "problem" is releated to a too heavy disk access: today I was copying big files from one folder to another by terminal and could not login with sancho to mldonkey.
    As soon as cp finished his job everything was fine.

As mldonkey has high bandwidth settings it was probably heavily downloading (200kb/s) when I experienced the problem.
    I will try to reduce mldonkey bandwidth and see if the problem occurs again.

Code:
    [admin@WL700gE /]$ uptime
      2:49pm  up 101 days 19:46,  0 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.01, 0.05
    [admin@WL700gE /]$

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

6. well it continues happening to me...this time rebooting didn't solve.
    Anyway I think this happens when you stress to much mldonkey which uses then CPU, Ram and HD access.

The latter is under-performing (maximum upload/download rate I can achieve through a Lan connection to my Laptop is 2.5Mb/s...)

Is there a way to increase HD performances? Maybe an external HD connected to USB could help?

Another quick question...is anyone of you using Twonky?

7. ciao guys,

is there a way to add a command in rc.local so that mldonkey is started in low priority mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Spinolo View Post
    ciao guys,

is there a way to add a command in rc.local so that mldonkey is started in low priority mode?
    You could use the "nice" command to put it at a lower priority.

- K.C.