Thread: Run Xlink Kai on the Wl500g

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Run Xlink Kai on the Wl500g

Didn't know if anyone is interested in this but the xlink kai engine seems to run fine on the wl500g.

For those puzzled about what kai actually is wonder over to http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
    I recommend you try the WinXP client/server before attempting this, and you will need to register your xtag.

Seemed quite simple to get running, I copied over the files to my usb hdd, entered the directory and ran
    Code:
    ./kaid
    I already have kaid installed and the win xp install includes the java client, just run the kai config tool, and select the options listed in the screen shot below.

Then select from your start menu; start kai, when the java ui pops up select file --> settings

Enter your router ip as the engine address, and the port (usually 34522), as well as your xtag details

Then you can hit attach engine and login to see the arena, please note I have not tested this with a console yet as it is in bits at the moment! :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks! I got it working "out of the box". (At least I could connect, didn't try any games). I did it without downloading the Windows application. I used the latest version of XBox MediaCenter to connect.
    MrMagu, Oslo, Norway

Good to hear it!, I have actually managed to play a few games last night using the kai engine.

There are some things that need to be noted however, afaik this engine is still a work in progress; sometimes it segfaults when looking for orbital mesh, restarting the client and engine is normally enougth to cure this however.

The kaid.conf included already seems to be setup correctly, with br0 as the interface listed, you should include the mac address of your console in this file in the usual colon seperated format. If you are using an xbox ensure that you use the correct one, some programs available seem to give a dummy mac address. If in doubt check the dhcp lease in the router pages.

Also it might be an idea to turn wondershaper off/adjust it to take into account this service, as upload ping is all important, and too much lag will kill (you, in halo2 etc!) your gaming experience.

If you have any questions please make sure that you got the engine/client working on the pc with your xbox wired to you're network before attempting anything more advanced.

Happy Gaming!

Very Nice
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Hi
    this is great news - what firmware do I need to be running on my WL500g and which files from teamxlink did you use?
    Thanks

Question

Do you know if there is any chance to get this working on a wl300g? I saw this link on the xbox-scene.com yesterday and it got my hops up! Do any of you know?
    My ASUS setup
    [xbox] <-crossovercabel-> <[ASUSWL300G]> ((((wifi)))) <[BelkinPRE-N]> <-networkcabel-> {internet ADSL2+}

Quote Originally Posted by miraculix
    Do you know if there is any chance to get this working on a wl300g? I saw this link on the xbox-scene.com yesterday and it got my hops up! Do any of you know?
    Well, you can always try and find out...and report back here.

Well I gave it a try. First i tried to fit it onto my flashram but it did not work so I did this workaround.
    First I copied the files to my xbox.
    Then I made this post-boot script.
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    wget ftp://<username>:<pass>@<xboxip>/e/kaid -O /usr/local/sbin/kaid;
    wget ftp://<username>:<pass>@<xboxip>/e/kaid.conf -O /usr/local/sbin/kaid.conf;
    chmod +X /usr/local/sbin/kaid;
    /usr/local/sbin/kaid -d -c /usr/local/sbin/kaid.conf;
    now it works as long as I have my xbox running when rebooting the router .

The other link seemed to need to be compiled into the firmware. I don't realy feel sure how to do this maybe something for Oleg to include....
    My ASUS setup
    [xbox] <-crossovercabel-> <[ASUSWL300G]> ((((wifi)))) <[BelkinPRE-N]> <-networkcabel-> {internet ADSL2+}

Xlink Kai

Hi everyone,

I have tried all night to get KaiStation/Kai up and running on my Asus Wl500gx router (Olegs 1.9.2.7-5a firmware). In the end, all that's left is trying to seek help from the forum.

From what I understand and have read on others forums, there should basically be three ways to get this work.

1. Compiling a new firmware, based on the sources right here. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/7005base.zip
    This option is beyond my knowledge of Linux and compiling.

2. Begging Oleg to implement KaiStation into one of his custom firmwares.
    This would probably require a special version of his custom firmware, since the KaiStation seems to take up quite a lot of space.

3. Downloading the linux version of Kai (kaid4linuxmips) from the Xlink Website, copying the two files (kaid and kaid.conf) to a usb harddrive that's attached to the router. Editing the kaid.conf file to match the MAC of my PSP and then having Kai started in a post-boot script every time the rooters boots. I suppose one could then also get Kai set up via the Windows Java Applet??
    This way seems to be the easiest to realize. One wouldn't even have to flash the firmware of the router. Problem is that I am a complete noob when it comes to Linux. Therefore I would really appreciate of someone out there could give me some pointers in the right direction.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

xlink problem

hi guys!

i followed the xlink kai tutorials in this forum - especially that one: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1428&highlight=kai

running the engine on my pc works great but xlink won´t run on my wl-500gp. im loading kaid and kaid.conf with the post-boot script. when starting it says:
    KAID: Kai Engine for KaiStation is initialising...
    WARNING: Unable to open engine persist data file (/tmp/kaiEnginePersist.txt)
    KAID: Kai Engine for KaiStation is starting...
    THREAD: Engine thread started...
    User defined signal 1

i played around with the config settings but it won´t run. the firmware i´m using is: WL500gp-1.9.2.7-7f-pre7.trx
    hw configuration: wl500gp => adsl modem
    i turned off the firewall and upnp.
    it would be great if someone would post his config file so i can compare the settings. please tell me if there are any specific router settings to make this thing work.

thx
    mac

it seems that the latest mips version won´t run on the router. after some research i found a solution: use kaistation_kaid and the corresponding config file which can be found here:
    www.ju1c3.com/kaistation_kaid
    www.ju1c3.com/kaid.conf

have fun!
    mac

xlink kai

someone running xlink kai on the 500gp with Oleg firmware please ?

any tutorial ? seems there is one in the Russian section but I dont understand russian

You can use Babel Fish Translation:
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I did but it comes all messed up and I am a newbie on linux

I installed dd-wrt on the 500gp but even if it has kai enabled in the firmware it does not work with my psp

Xlink Kai

Hi
    How know how install server Xlink Kai and connect from PC to this server and configuration to psp and x360 (without XboxMedia)
    Please help
    I install Xlink but in log have:
    Code:
    -- Started logging: 15 February 2010 08:56:26 PM --
    KAID: Kai Engine is Daemonizing...
    KAID: Kai Engine for KaiStation is initialising...
    WARNING: Unable to open engine persist data file (/tmp/kaiEnginePersist.txt)
    KAID: Kai Engine for KaiStation is starting...
    THREAD: Engine thread started...
    KAID: Failed to create UI socket...