Thread: Where is KFurge?

Exclamation Where is KFurge?

Anyone heard something from KFurge recently?

The last message from him is dated 13-3-2008.
    I hope he is just on holiday...

Marc

Maybe he is just busy some some stuff on his work..

I'm currently very busy with my work so most of the time I dont have the time to look @ this forum and my own page

Grtzzz

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Just tuned out for a little while... Had another embedded Linux project for work that took all of my time and energy.

- K.C.

Talking Welcome back...

What a relieve. I really was worried that something more serious had happened, the way you 'disappeared' so suddenly without a trace.

BTW, did you succeed in upgrading your old firmware with my instructions? So far I only got one reaction.

Regards,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
    BTW, did you succeed in upgrading your old firmware with my instructions?
    Believe it or not, I still have not upgraded my primary router. I have a backup router that's been upgraded but the primary one is still in queue. My wife is not very tolerant of e-mail down-time... ;-)

- K.C.

P.S. Don't let the lack of feedback get you down. I'm sure your tutorials are being googled and appreciated as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    Believe it or not, I still have not upgraded my primary router. I have a backup router that's been upgraded but the primary one is still in queue. My wife is not very tolerant of e-mail down-time... ;-)

- K.C.
    Couldn't you prepare one of those extra routers to do the routing, or is your primairy router also functioning as mailserver?

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
    Couldn't you prepare one of those extra routers to do the routing, or is your primairy router also functioning as mailserver?
    My primary router does EVERYTHING! Web server, web proxy, e-mail spam filter, file server (NFS, CIFS), CUPS print server, DHCP server, torrent downloader... It's stuffed full! The backup one is for experimentation and firmware development.

- K.C.

My complex scheme

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    My primary router does EVERYTHING! Web server, web proxy, e-mail spam filter, file server (NFS, CIFS), CUPS print server, DHCP server, torrent downloader... It's stuffed full! The backup one is for experimentation and firmware development.

- K.C.
    Impressive... But maybe you also have a permanent mirror?
    Then I would try a scheme like this:
    - tell your email program to keep copies on the server (for the time being)
    - remove the mirror savely
    - install the mirror's HDD in your 2nd Asus (take it's HDD away and keep it in a safe place)
    - make the 2nd boot. Maybe it does not do that the very first time, this gives you insight in what you get when the primary HDD fails and you have to replace it with the mirror. My best bet is that you should try to get it start with your own newest firmware
    - do all the steps to upgrade this one. In the mean time your wife will still be happy.
    - succeed? Put it in place of the original HDD of your 1st Asus. Upgrade with your latest firmware. Reconfigure the email. Define the original HDD as mirror. Put the original HDD of the 2nd Asus back. Give a party.
    - no success? Put it back as mirror of your 1st Asus. Reconfigure the email. Put the original HDD of the 2nd Asus back. Take a break.

I'm glad I still didn't give my Asus a primary role. But I have plans to do that. Your experience will count.

Regards,
    Marc