Thread: Torrent problems and questions

Torrent problems and questions

Hello,

so I finally managed to get everything working (oleg, hdd, thttpd, lighttpd, syslogd, transmission, rtorrent)... but transmission seems try to connect to only 50 seeds and my torrent looks like this: 50 peers dl from 9 ul to 13 even the torrent is well seeded (150 seeds), is this normal? Also in log window of webinterface there are old messages that I thought I can delete by purge button, but it says no .info to purge. So the log is getting bigger and I have to scroll down more. Any way to fix this? Now problem with rtorrent, it uses rpc.socket to communicate with ntorrent, but there's no such file where it should be located, nor anywhere else in filesystem. I followed rtorrent & ntorrent howto, do I need to install something or what? Now for the questions part... I can connect to transmission webinterface through 192.168.1.1:8081/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi but can it be done so I can connect from outside LAN and manage torrents remotely?

Thanks.

Right, I got the rtorrent and ntorrent working as well, it creates the rpc.socket file when rtorrent is started so...

Edit:
    Still one problem though, I set max_peers to 70, min_peers to 30, downloading torrents with 4000 seeds, connected to 10, speed 2-3kb/s. What to do? Ports are opened, dht port is opened, firewall disabled.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 20-04-2008 at 12:49.

The best thing is to connect to as few peers as possible and this way tou will get max speed that is wasted for communication with to many peers. Read some FAQ and you will understand why. Transmission limits global peer count to 500.

Yeah I understand why connecting to to many peers is waste, but being connected to 10 peers and getting speed in bytes is waste as well isn't it Especially when there's another 3990 peers that I can try out, isn't there some sort of mechanism, to update peer list of torrent, getting rid of slow ones and trying new ones?