Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR2 [Oleg]

Angry

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem as "int"

my wl500-g resets completely after about half an hour of surfing the internet.
    If i use web-radio it dies after 5 minutes....
    The router just has a complete reset and starts all over again.

I use a "casema/wanadoo" pppoe cable account and i've tried firmware 1.9.2.7. and 1.9.2.7.CR2.

With previous firmwares i have never had this problem........
    Any advice???
    Last edited by i-beast-a; 02-01-2005 at 16:05.

I have a suspicion that using a USB printer may cause some of the reset behavior. I am not sure if this is the case, but I am posting to see if others with this problem are using RAW printing and/or with a USB connection.

I just bought a Epsopn RX500 and have it hooked up to my WL-500g via USB, and I am getting router resets about every 1/2 hour when surfing. I have one laptop on 802.11b, a desktop hardwired, and a VoIP device. I have tried custom firmwares 1.9.2.7-1, 1.9.2.7-2, and 1.8.1.7-3, and have had similar results.

I have unplugged the usb printer, and things seem to be a bit more stable. I don't believe I have had a reboot since.

I also have some other wierd behavior concerning the router: if I use the et command to manually set the WAN speed to anything other than auto, my modem will not recognize a connection and will continuously reboot itself. Once I set it to auto (using et), the modem will pick up a signal in about a second, and will establish a connection.

However, upon a reboot, I have to reapply the "et -i eth1 speed auto" command to get the modem to recognize the router.

I am planning to go to my cable company to pick up a new modem tomorrow, as these problems may be caused by the modem and not the router.

Quote Originally Posted by dsf260
    I have a suspicion that using a USB printer may cause some of the reset behavior. I am not sure if this is the case, but I am posting to see if others with this problem are using RAW printing and/or with a USB connection.

I just bought a Epsopn RX500 and have it hooked up to my WL-500g via USB, and I am getting router resets about every 1/2 hour when surfing. I have one laptop on 802.11b, a desktop hardwired, and a VoIP device. I have tried custom firmwares 1.9.2.7-1, 1.9.2.7-2, and 1.8.1.7-3, and have had similar results.

I have unplugged the usb printer, and things seem to be a bit more stable. I don't believe I have had a reboot since.
    Well, looks like a power/grounding problems. This could lead to reboots and hangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Would you like to try firmware with some things fixed?
    Anybody with working radius setup is also welcome.
    Yes, sure! How can I get it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by solha
    Yes, sure! How can I get it?

Thanks!
    Check your PM.

I have done the following, and I have been running without a reboot for a day now.

1) Downgraded back to 1.8.1.7-3
    2) Plugged back in my USB printer, but removed my parallel printer that was plugged into the WL-500G but was unplugged from power

Could it have been the parallel printer--a Brother 3100C multifunction--that was causing all the problem? Because of the configuration of my setup, I didn't have a power cord long enough to reach an outlet, so I just left it set up without power.

I just bought an extension cord, and have it powered and plugged into the WL-500g along with the USB printer, and at least for the last 5 minutes everthing is working fine. I can even print to both printers at the same time without a problem.

I think I am going to stick with 1.8.1.7-3 for now. I would really like the bandwidth management features of 1.9.2.x, but it really isn't set up properly for me. I need to be able to configure upstream by IP address, not by port, as VoIP claims to use up to 10000 ports (yikes!--At least the configuration indicates that ports 10000-20000 should be forwarded to the device).

Hi @ll
    Thank you for your support.
    Well I don't have any USB printer, only a parallel one, with the 1.9.2.7-2 Firmware.
    Someone told me about using RAW printing instead : I will try this but I think it it is not the solution. Why ? Because of these messages "lp_wait_ready timeout" and "p_write timeout" I also have when all my computers (LAN) and my printer are powered down. So normally, no requests are sent by any of my computers (LAN).
    Perhaps I should "Remove" the printer from the router and plug it a new time : I haven't "Remove" it during the firmware upgrade ...
    Gonna try all these stuffs and tell you what are the results.
    See you

Problems with "PARPORT: bla-bla-bla" is solved, as well as lp timeouts caused by that. This will appear in the 1.9.2.7-3.

Oleg..
    see my messeges that i post in this 'POST'..
    thk
    Home Page
    Marco Sousa from PORTUGAL
    [ WL-500g - fw: 1.9.2.7-7e [Oleg] | WL-500gP - fw: 1.9.2.7-7f-USB-1.63 [Oleg&koppel.cz] ]

Quote Originally Posted by int
    When I connect to WL after intro my password this(in attach) apears in my browser..
    I do a refresh, and them the page open well.
    As for incomplete pages in the browser - either you've buggy firewall installed on your PC, or have general problems.
    Oleg, now after I disable PPPoE Relay, the wl connects well, but the WL also restart very times... (17 times for now)
    What do you mean, saying "restart"? Router reboots and you've checked this looking for uptime? Or you loose wireless connectivity?

I do a downgrade to the firmware!
    With fw 1.7.5.9-5 Oleg WL are working very well.
    This is up to you.

As for incomplete pages in the browser - either you've buggy firewall installed on your PC, or have general problems.
    No because the page(attach) are not in html, are in asp language, and the WL not resolve asp to html.. and show the code(asp).
    What do you mean, saying "restart"? Router reboots and you've checked this looking for uptime? Or you loose wireless connectivity?
    looking for uptime... and I see the system log that WL500g restart... WL only restart whem I'm using must more the WL500g..
    Last edited by int; 04-01-2005 at 13:25.
    Home Page
    Marco Sousa from PORTUGAL
    [ WL-500g - fw: 1.9.2.7-7e [Oleg] | WL-500gP - fw: 1.9.2.7-7f-USB-1.63 [Oleg&koppel.cz] ]

Quote Originally Posted by int
    No because the page(attach) are not in html, are in asp language, and the WL not resolve asp to html.. and show the code(asp).
    This is not an asp, but javascript, which is intended to run by browser.

After changing the ip_conntrack_max to 4096 it works for a few minuts to half an hour, after that it has been resett to 1024. This happens if i put it in the post-boot script or if i do it manually.

samba on 1.9.2.7-2

Hallo everybody, first thing first a big thanks to Oleg not only because of the Firmware but also for his custom firmware page.
    My WL-500g run vs. 1.9.2.7-2 work as a charm but i still have a short
    request: I know the support for Samba is very limited but i still would like
    to know if the share$ is on purpose kept read only

Quote Originally Posted by garimo
    Hallo everybody, first thing first a big thanks to Oleg not only because of the Firmware but also for his custom firmware page.
    My WL-500g run vs. 1.9.2.7-2 work as a charm but i still have a short
    request: I know the support for Samba is very limited but i still would like
    to know if the share$ is on purpose kept read only
    Wait for 1.9.2.7-3 or use search. Answered question yesterday. Hint: change user name to root.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast