Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Palantir - Streaming Video on WL-500g

Ok, glad to find out someone actually played with palantir on wl-500g. I want to make a controllable webcam for the wl-500g. I've built one and i used 2 floppy motors connected to the PC parallel port for pan&tilt. Of course, the software i've used was palantir, with some small modifications. I defined some functions in video.c for controlling the parallel port of the pc for turning the floppy motors (stepper motors). Would be possible to do this on wl-500g? And if yes, how? What software do i need?
    I'm stuck at compiling that thing for the broadcom chip and controlling the parallel port of the wl-500g (the essential things )
    Any ideas?

Here you have the modified source of the video.c and main.c (only port init there) for the pc. You'll notice the functions there. Also there is p.conf, where the "controls" are defined. You'll need the modified pclient.exe for this to work as expected.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by KillerOPS
    Ok, glad to find out someone actually played with palantir on wl-500g. I want to make a controllable webcam for the wl-500g. I've built one and i used 2 floppy motors connected to the PC parallel port for pan&tilt. Of course, the software i've used was palantir, with some small modifications.
    Hi

This sounds nice, i will look into and see what you´ve done.
    The WL500g LPT port is, from my view, as usable as on a pc system from a userland view.
    Of course, you can already use a pan&tilt capable logitech cam with palantir.

Also, with next palantir version i will make an ipkg package and maybe a configuration plugin for the nen php config system.

Greets to all Palanteers
    (How it using this, please show you *g*)
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

How can I control the parallel port of the wl-500g? If i know how to send a "3" or a "0" to the LPT-s data lines, i will make palantir work with the webcam. This is my problem. Any ideas? An example maybe?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KillerOPS
    How can I control the parallel port of the wl-500g? If i know how to send a "3" or a "0" to the LPT-s data lines, i will make palantir work with the webcam. This is my problem. Any ideas? An example maybe?
    Just use the usual parport library calls as under x86 linux??
    Sorry, dont know further atm...

What a hardware do you use for the controlling, ULN2003 darlinton drivers ?
    Why do you use a new client, and dont combine it with the pan-tilt code for the logitech cams ?

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Just use the usual parport library calls as under x86 linux??
    Sorry, dont know further atm...
    ok, i'll try

What a hardware do you use for the controlling, ULN2003 darlinton drivers ?
    well, i don't use uln2003. I'm using two complete floppy boards and the head stepper motors: one for horizontal rotation and another for the vertical angle. That thing can be controlled by 2 wires: the first one signals the direction of the motor (5v - left, 0v-right) and the other wire is the "clock", so yhen i put an 5v there the motor will make a step in the direction designated by the other wire.
    Two of them and we have a good positioning system.

Why do you use a new client, and dont combine it with the pan-tilt code for the logitech cams ?
    because the steps are no necessary the same. You can turn around the camera several times (if the cable is long enough) so you can't use a trackbar. It's better to use 4 buttons (for the direction) or 2 trackbars that come automatically back to center position after making the desired steps (this is what i've done)

Here i am at a dead end. I don't have any simple example on how i can control the parallel port of that thing.
    Anyone has a simple working example, please?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    For 2.:
    - download the package http://tom.stoeveken.com/programme/p...0.1_mipsel.ipk
    - append the .tgz extension
    - extract data.tar.gz from this package, it contains the binaries and applets
    I haven't so much experience with my WL-500g, so I hope that you (or somebody else who knows) will help me by answer a few questions. I have extracted the data from the data.tar.gz file, and they are now stored on my desktop computer running linux. How do I get them into my asus WL-500g box, and will I be able to get pictures in 640x480 using the standard webcam interfase provided by Asus? If I can't, how can i capture pictures in 640x480? I only need still pictures, not video/audio stream. I use Oleg's 1.9.2.7-5a firmware.

look here on how to control the parallel port of that thing. The only problem is that it isn't working with oleg's firmware (not sure which one) because you can't remove the lp.o module without crashing the router. However, on OpenWrt works quite good.
    Maybe a patch from oleg?

Anyway, here is the link:
    http://www.sephail.net/projects/openwrt/

Oleg, could you provide me with the modules for the webcam? (ovxxxx.o, videodev.o etc). I'm trying to use them on openwrt and in combination with palantir
    Thank you
    Last edited by KillerOPS; 18-05-2005 at 15:18.

Tom's pwc-pwcx breaks Orbits pan/tilt

I used Toms pwc/pwcx driver from earlier in this post with palantir using my Logitech Orbit.

It does allow to capture the higher resolutions, however it breaks the pan and tilt feature.

Starting palantir with Tom's drivers loaded, it states:

Jun 8 22:52:33 [video] Camera has no pan/tilt control

and when accessing the pan and tilt from the palantir java client i get the following from palantir's logs:

Jun 8 22:53:19 [video] PWCMPTSANGLE: Invalid argument

however all is well using the v8 pwc driver but lacking the higher resoltuions

thinking an option was excluded when he compiled his version.

Pwc

Hi ppl

Take a look at this thread: -> http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=2846

OffTopic:
    I didn't understand...
    What can be source for this soft?
    Can it be my WebCamera? VideoCamera?

Yep

With this Software you can get a video Stream from your Webcam instead of still pictures, of course if it´s a camera suported by the drivers of the firmware (philips an OV51x Chipsets).

Greets

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Yep

With this Software you can get a video Stream from your Webcam instead of still pictures, of course if it´s a camera suported by the drivers of the firmware (philips an OV51x Chipsets).

Greets
    thx.
    And can i make thomething like Nullsoft ShoutCast Server (no video) with it?
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Покупайте Отечественных Слонов!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaTpockuH
    thx.
    And can i make thomething like Nullsoft ShoutCast Server (no video) with it?
    Nop, you would need something like icecast or some other mp3 straming server on the router, which is not precompiled avaliable till i know. Had tried it, but project is fallen asleep .

Greets

palantir firmware

Any chance you could upload firmware which includes palantir

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast