Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68

Thread: [HowTo] GPRS/3G/HSDPA/UMTS USB modem Huawei E220 on Asus router

  1. #46

    Unhappy Lost admin password

    Oh darn, I lost my admin password using the 1.9.2.7-9-USB-1.71 firmware. Resetting the router with the reset button does not make the password admin/admin. What to do?

  2. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by wittrup View Post
    Oh darn, I lost my admin password using the 1.9.2.7-9-USB-1.71 firmware. Resetting the router with the reset button does not make the password admin/admin. What to do?
    Try 3x30 method. 1 press and hold reset button for at least 30 sec, 2 unplug the device for at least 30 sec (still holding reset button), 3 plug in the power cord still holding reset button and still at least 30 sec. After this your password should resety to default. Remember you do this still holding down the reset button.

  3. #48
    Hi,

    Anyone using a Huawei E1750 modem and Koppel image? I've tried to follow the info on Koppel forum, but it just won't work. There's not much help to get on their English forum. How can I for instance see that ZeroCd works as expected (where are the logs)?

    Regards
    Iceman71
    Last edited by Iceman71; 26-12-2010 at 10:04.

  4. #49

    E220 with wl500gp - Remote server usage possible?

    Hi,

    is it possible to use a E220 attached wl500gp as a remote server?
    I want to login, transfer files etc from remote location.
    It's probaly up to the provider and public IP address handling?
    I'm happily awaiting your expert answers. Thanks.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by dyonisos View Post
    Hi,

    is it possible to use a E220 attached wl500gp as a remote server?
    I want to login, transfer files etc from remote location.
    It's probaly up to the provider and public IP address handling?
    I'm happily awaiting your expert answers. Thanks.
    Yes, it is possible, but it depends to your provider.
    When you get an IP from your provider according RFC 1918 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network
    or better http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1918 it is not possible to get any remote access.
    As long as you get a regular IP-address (and not a private one) you can use for instance a dyndns account and remote access.
    A very easy way to transfer files is WinSCP.

    Have fun
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

    RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

  6. #51

    dynDNS

    Thanks Newbiefan,

    I was able to ping me over the internet.

    Can you you please give me a hint whether to use the Oleg implemented dynDNS feature or an available .ipk package?
    I am using wl500gp 1.9.2.7-10 Firmware operating as Access Point (dynDNS possible?). I will load WL500gp-1.9.2.7-10-USB-1.71.trx SW for the E220 stick Right?

    Thanks again for your support!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by dyonisos View Post
    Thanks Newbiefan,

    I was able to ping me over the internet.

    Can you you please give me a hint whether to use the Oleg implemented dynDNS feature or an available .ipk package?
    I am using wl500gp 1.9.2.7-10 Firmware operating as Access Point (dynDNS possible?). I will load WL500gp-1.9.2.7-10-USB-1.71.trx SW for the E220 stick Right?

    Thanks again for your support!
    You are welcome anytime!

    1.) When you are able to ping your ip over the internet: please ensure that you ping really your router and not the gateway of your mobile provider. In case you are not sure, just let me know.
    2.) DynDNS: When you use your router as Gateway, you can use build in DynDNS. When using your Asus as Access-point, I would suggest to use DynDNS of your Modem/Router and forward the needed ports to your Asus. This avoids extra installations of optware-ipkg.
    3.) Firmware: Of course you can use Koppel USB-1.71 FW and I can confirm that it works stable. But the FW is now a bit outdated, the newest (and merged) FW is here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
    Here you can choose between "d" branch with kernel 2.4.37 and "rtn" branch with 2.6.22 Kernel. Hence, I suggest to use the newest FW with 2.6 Kernel. The modem part is well implemented and easy to configure. Further, you can use the same optware (ipkg) repository from here:http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op.../cross/stable/
    4.) And I suggest to install according Wengis howto

    If something is unclear, just ask.
    Have fun
    Newbiefan
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

    RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiefan View Post
    You are welcome anytime!

    1.) When you are able to ping your ip over the internet: please ensure that you ping really your router and not the gateway of your mobile provider. In case you are not sure, just let me know.
    2.) DynDNS: When you use your router as Gateway, you can use build in DynDNS. When using your Asus as Access-point, I would suggest to use DynDNS of your Modem/Router and forward the needed ports to your Asus. This avoids extra installations of optware-ipkg.
    3.) Firmware: Of course you can use Koppel USB-1.71 FW and I can confirm that it works stable. But the FW is now a bit outdated, the newest (and merged) FW is here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
    Here you can choose between "d" branch with kernel 2.4.37 and "rtn" branch with 2.6.22 Kernel. Hence, I suggest to use the newest FW with 2.6 Kernel. The modem part is well implemented and easy to configure. Further, you can use the same optware (ipkg) repository from here:http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op.../cross/stable/
    4.) And I suggest to install according Wengis howto

    If something is unclear, just ask.
    Have fun
    Newbiefan
    1) Ping of IP is ok, because once E220 modem diconnected I get ping timeout.

    2) Asus used as AccessPoint with E220 I guess I need inadyn package for dynDNS to work?

    3) If I understand correctly I may easily upgrade (currently 2.4 kernel) via Web-Interface my Asus wl500gp to the latest Oleg kernel2.6 FW supporting guided E220 implementation ( APN etc. input via Web-Interface?). Right?

    Thanks so much.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by dyonisos View Post
    1) Ping of IP is ok, because once E220 modem diconnected I get ping timeout.

    2) Asus used as AccessPoint with E220 I guess I need inadyn package for dynDNS to work?

    3) If I understand correctly I may easily upgrade (currently 2.4 kernel) via Web-Interface my Asus wl500gp to the latest Oleg kernel2.6 FW supporting guided E220 implementation ( APN etc. input via Web-Interface?). Right?

    Thanks so much.
    1.) Should be OK
    2.) Nothing needs to be installed when Asus+E220 is used. Just use the built in DynDNS - enter your account datas into web-interface, done.
    3.) Right. Use your webinterface to upgrade FW, press button apply & finish and wait several minutes.
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

    RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

  10. #55

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by newbiefan View Post
    1.) Should be OK
    2.) Nothing needs to be installed when Asus+E220 is used. Just use the built in DynDNS - enter your account datas into web-interface, done.
    3.) Right. Use your webinterface to upgrade FW, press button apply & finish and wait several minutes.
    Dear Newbiefan,

    my original idea is to have DSL WAN and mobile WAN (E220) as backup with wl500gp especially for remote service.

    * New FW kernel2.6 is applied, modem E220 data entered.
    * have wl500gp working as Access point - no DDNS asus menue available! only in router/gateway mode possible? shall I use inadyn.ipk package?
    * how do I connect the E220 to the internet? I tried the Connect button in the asus menue, but no change. Is there an easy way to view/check the assigned mobile IP address?

    Please see my settings for USB Network Devices - 3G Modem E220

    Is there anything missing or wrong?

    Set as WAN Connection Type by default - not checked
    Zero CD Configuration - Auto
    Rem.: file /usr/local/etc/usb_modeswitch.conf does not exist
    Modem type: - ...HSDPA
    Username: - ppp@A1plus.at
    Password: - ppp
    APN: - A1.net
    Dial Number (usually *99***1# or *99#): - *99#
    Call on Demand No
    Idle time before disconnect (sec): 60
    MTU 1492
    MRU 1492
    Autodetect device No
    View connected modems
    USB device location ID:
    Data port:
    User interface port:
    USB device Vendor ID (0xabcd):
    USB device Product ID (0xef01):
    USB device serial speed (usually 921600): 921600
    Device initial script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","A1.net"
    Additional AT commands:
    Additional pppd options:
    Failure event script name:
    Max number of reconnections (0 for unlimit): 0

    Many thanks again for your support!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by dyonisos View Post
    Dear Newbiefan,

    Many thanks again for your support!
    LOL, well - due to the fact that you are an austrian guy - I'll suggest to support you here: http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=12583
    I bet, it's much easier for us - LOL
    My Provider is BOB (for mobile) and I use E200+WL500gP.
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

    RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

  12. #57

    3g usb modem

    can I use huawei E-173 modem on asus wl500w? If yes, then tell my how? Sorry for my bad english

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,336
    Use the newest firmware from here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
    Then I suggest to follow a linux-guideline for your modem, just ask google.
    I'm sorry, I do not own a Huawei E173 Modem, therefore I'm not able to guide you....
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

    RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

  14. #59
    hi

    i reloaded the firmware 1.9.2.7-10-USB-1.71 on my old Asus WL-500gx, found that my unlocked vodafone USB K3715 which is the OEM of Huawei E180.
    Try to choose E220, E630, E169, all of them get out of luck and with this error.

    In file /tmp/ppp/peers/gprs: unrecognized option '/dev/usb/tts/0'

    is there anyway to fix? thanks

    the usb device log

    T: Bus=03 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 4
    B: Alloc= 0/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
    D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
    P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.04
    S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.4.20 ehci_hcd
    S: Product=PCI device 1106:3104
    S: SerialNumber=01:02.2
    C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr= 0mA
    I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
    E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=256ms
    T: Bus=03 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
    D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
    P: Vendor=12d1 ProdID=1001 Rev= 0.00
    S: Manufacturer=HUAWEI Technology
    S: Product=HUAWEI Mobile
    C:* #Ifs= 5 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=500mA
    I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
    E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
    E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
    E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
    I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
    E: Ad=83(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
    E: Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
    I: If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
    E: Ad=84(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
    E: Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
    I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
    E: Ad=85(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
    E: Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
    I: If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
    E: Ad=05(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
    E: Ad=86(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
    T: Bus=02 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
    B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
    D: Ver= 1.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
    P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 0.00
    S: Product=USB UHCI Root Hub
    S: SerialNumber=120
    C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr= 0mA
    I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
    E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=255ms
    T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
    B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
    D: Ver= 1.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
    P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 0.00
    S: Product=USB UHCI Root Hub
    S: SerialNumber=100
    C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr= 0mA
    I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
    E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=255ms
    Last edited by idsdown; 29-12-2013 at 03:11.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,336
    I would suggest to use the newest available Firmware:
    Use the newest firmware from here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
    Then I suggest to follow a linux-guideline for your modem, just ask google.

    I'm sorry, I do not own a Huawei E180 Modem, therefore I'm not able to guide you....

    But the most important is to disable the password request at startup (with windows) of the modem.

    Have fun
    newbiefan
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

    RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Asus RT-N16 & LTE 4G/3G/CDMA modem
    By ua1onp in forum Russian Discussion - РУССКИЙ (RU)
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 18-08-2017, 17:49
  2. Asus WL-330N3G Travel Router - 3G Router из коробки
    By Romtron in forum Russian Discussion - РУССКИЙ (RU)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 15:38
  3. [HowTo] Use Dropbox to download torrents on router
    By ryzhov_al in forum WL-500gP Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-01-2013, 10:54
  4. 3G USB Modem + Asus
    By dziadek in forum Polish Discussion - Polski (PL)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 20-10-2012, 08:21
  5. HOWTO use your WL-500g as IPv6 router
    By phedny in forum WL-500g/WL-500gx Tutorials
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-02-2008, 08:19

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •