Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOS: a probable replacement for Download Master

Quote Originally Posted by al37919 View Post
    I'd recommend you to set 600 permissions for /opt/etc/crontab itself (see man cron), and 700 for the scripts in cron.* dirs (the latter I'd recommend to be on the safe side --- I mean from the point of view of fulfillment of the cron requirements).

finally, check that something like this: /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.1min executes something when started manually.

PS nice /opt/sbin/transmission_watchdog has unclear meaning without setting of the nice level.

/opt/etc/crontab permissions are set to -rw------- (0600)
    all cron.* dirs are (0777)
    When ADOS create file it has (0755)

---------------------
    test file is ados.sh

[root@ root]$ run-parts opt/etc/cron.1min/ados.sh
    [root@ root]$

everything works fine.
    ----------------------

Thanks
    I don't know where is the problem.
    Katos
    Last edited by katos; 16-03-2008 at 15:56.

Exclamation 1.3.4

Attention: version 1.3.4 (build 68) is available.
    See download link in the firs post of the topic.

To make an update replace files at the server with files from the downloaded archive (it is necessary to copy update directory) and then run the script from the browser. You will be redirected to the update page.

Fixed:
    • Escaping query strings for SQLite DB — thanks to katos for report.

Quote Originally Posted by DINI View Post
    Attention: version 1.3.4 (build 68) is available.

To make an update replace files at the server with files from the downloaded archive (it is necessary to copy update directory) and then run the script from the browser. You will be redirected to the update page.

Fixed:
    • Escaping query strings for SQLite DB — thanks to katos for report.

Thank you for new version, SQLite work fine.

I found the problem:

In the module settings is written: Program working directory (Absolute path to the executable file.)

but if I used "/opt/bin" - it means only directory,

script in .sh file was :

#!/bin/sh
    rm /opt/etc/cron.1min/ados_3722bfb391a3c3471df20904cb6fc27b.sh
    /opt/bin http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feed...8-1_mipsel.ipk -o /tmp/harddisk/downloads/_tmp/1_1_3722bfb391a3c3471df20904cb6fc27b.ados --limit-rate 16384 > /tmp/harddisk/downloads/_log/3722bfb391a3c3471df20904cb6fc27b.log 2>&1
    echo >> /opt/share/www/ados/cron.lock
    /opt/bin/php /opt/share/www/ados/classes/class_cron.php >> /tmp/harddisk/downloads/_log/cron_end_download.log

you can see that missing name of the downloader in 2nd line /opt/bin ?????
    there is problem.

I had to add in module settings names of the downloaders.

THANK YOU DINI for Hard Works,

Katos
    Last edited by katos; 16-03-2008 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by katos View Post
    you can see that missing name of the downloader in 2nd line /opt/bin ?????
    there is problem.
    In module's settings you must specify absolute path to the executable file of that module including name of the file (for example, /opt/bin/curl for cURL module).

Quote Originally Posted by DINI View Post
    In module's settings you must specify absolute path to the executable file of that module including name of the file (for example, /opt/bin/curl for cURL module).

NOW, I know it
    Thanks

Exclamation 1.3.5

Attention: version 1.3.5 (build 69) is available.

Fixed:
    • Adding subcategories to root categories (earlier it was not possible to create a subcategory in the root category) — thanks to bocman for report.
    • Absolute path to the file 'none.gif' in CSS was changed to relative — thanks to Ñhemist for report.

Exclamation 1.3.6

Attention: version 1.3.6 (build 70) is available.

Fixed:
    • Not specifiying the password for MySQL database during installation process is not an error any more — thanks to PyKaB for report.
    • Fixed pathes to files 'pease_wait.gif' and 'favicon.ico' in the templates — thanks to PyKaB for report.
    • Query to the database while checking files' queue during cron task — thanks to sarlacc for report.

Hotfixes:

(15.04.2008 17:55 GMT — build 71)
    • Fields for cookies' settings during installation process now will be blank by default. Fill them only if you know what to specify in these fields.
    Last edited by DINI; 15-04-2008 at 19:01.

Hi Dini,

1st of all, very promising product, judging by the looks of it.. nice.

I have installed ados (ados_1.3.6_build_70.tar.tar) and selected mysql database to run it (first created a database 'ados') The installation went fine, and when I start the website it askes me to login.

If I login with the correct login/pass combination it does a post-back returning me the same page but with the login and password field blanked.

If I login with the incorrect password for admin it tells me that the password isn't correct.

If I login with another user which doesn't exist it tells me that the user does not exist..

So, somehow it checks my login/pass combination and judges it's ok. But it doesn't send me to the right page I suppose.

Any clue what might be wrong.

Many thanks,

Raas

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    Any clue what might be wrong.
    Most likely you incorrectly specified values for cookies' settings during installation process.

Now you must delete all cookies written by the system and reinstall the system. But be very careful when configuring cookies' settings during installation process. If you are not absolutely sure what to specify, just leave both fields 'cookie domain' and 'cookie path' blank.

Try remove install directory and upgrade directory after installation
    __________________________________________________ _
    WL-500gP Oleg firmware v.1.9.2.7-rtn
    vsftp,lighttp,php5,mysql4,samba3,
    syslog-ng,rrdtools,cron,openvpn
    WD MyBook 250GB
    __________________________________________________ _
    OpenSUSE 13.1

@DINI,

thanks.. the cookie domain did the trick.. I was able to login now.. going to play with the system for a bit.. thanks.

@sarlacc.. indeed. . i did remove the install directory, but not the update directory..

Well.. I'm glad it's working now..

thanks all.

Post-back from login page with port re-direction

Hi DINI,
    me again.

I've succesfully downloaded a lot of files using ADOS through cURL. works like a charm.

I do have a problem with the accessibility of the webpages.
    If I'm on my internal network. works like a dream. i have lighttpd configured to run at port 8082.
    my modem has a port forwarding from external port 80 to internal port 8082 on asus ip-address.

Now. when I want to access the website from outside the network (eg. my work) I get the login pag of ADOS.
    I then login, but see in the statusbar of the browser that it wants to go to http://my.external.ip:8082/ados......
    so it somehow reverts back to the portnumber the webserver is running on.
    Needless to say this won't work.

any idea on how to solve this in ADOS ? I don't have the problem with other webapplications running on the asus/mysql/lighttpd

TIA.

I'm getting a big fat internal server error spashing on my screen after it wrote the first 14 rows in the mysql server.
    It's working on a php-thttpd server tough
    any ideas? maybe it also fixes my other webpackages

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    it somehow reverts back to the portnumber the webserver is running on.
    Needless to say this won't work.

any idea on how to solve this in ADOS ? I don't have the problem with other webapplications running on the asus/mysql/lighttpd
    The script uses variables $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] and $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] to make a basic url, that is used throughout the script. These variables are submitted in headers of the request by the browser.

Unfortunately I have no ability to test port forwarding on my own router, but I'll try to do some tests a few weeks later. I'm sorry, but I think that I won't resolve this problem earlier.

Hi DINI,

Thanks for your answer. Don't hurry yourself on this.

You've given me enough hints to take a look myself.
    If I'm able to create a solution I will post it here.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast