Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOS: a probable replacement for Download Master

ADOS: a probable replacement for Download Master

I'm glad to present a PHP system that may be used as a full replacement of Download Master that is not compatible with Oleg's firmware.

Here are main features of my script:
    • Unlimited links processing (with automatic links searching in the blocks of plain text).
    • Multiuser mode. Administrative and user accounts are supported.
    • Scheduled downloads.
    • Different database support: SQLite (included in PHP) and popular MySQL.
    • Different download engines support (cURL, wget, at alias). Any engine may be selected for each download.
    • User directories support. File can be saved to the specified directory depending on its extension or user wish.
    • Authentification and redirection support. May be useful for FTP downloads and for paid accounts of different file hostings.
    • Total bandwidth restrictions for each user.
    • Real-time donwload's progress tracking.
    • Multilingual support (with a help of volunteers).

Preparing for installation: manual.
    Description and instructions: parts one and two.

---------------
    Current version: 1.3.9 (build 74)

Download link: http://download.dini.su/ados/stable (511 Kb)
    md5: c301c8dabae7c7efee29f71cd146ba8c
    Last update: September, 7th 2008 - 17:20 GMT

---------------
    Attention!
    Unfortunately I can not provide the support any more. But the support may be provided by other people, if they want to do this. So please be patient while waiting for answers to your questions and problems and respect their desire to help you.

Also the further development of the project by myself is hardly probable. Because of this the script is now distributed under the GPL v3 license. If anyone will decide to develop this project, he or she will not have any legal problems.
    Thanks to everyone who found my script useful!

---------------
    FAQ

If you can't download file from the certain link, send this link to me in the private message. Do not post links in the topic!

When describing your problem, do not forget to specify:
    • Script version
    • Name and version of used download engine
    • Error number (see 'Log' section)
    • Name and version of your browser

Also provide as many details of your actions before the error arrived as possible.

Q: How to update the script after the hotfix release?
    A: Just replace files on the server with the files from the archive.

Q: Why can't I login to the system? Even if I specify correct login and password, the login page appears again and again.
    A: Most likely you specified incorrect values for cookies' settings while installing the system. Try to remove cookies written by the system and reinstall it. During installation process leave fields 'cookie domain' and 'cookie path' blank if you're not absolutely sure what to specify there.

---------------
    Version history

For versions prior to 1.3.2 all change descriptions available in Russian language only.

1.0.0 beta 1: first public release.
    1.0.0 beta 2: changelog.
    1.0.0 beta 3: changelog.
    1.0.0 beta 4: changelog.
    1.0.0 RC 1: changelog.
    1.0.0 RC 2: changelog.
    1.0.0 RC 3: changelog.
    1.0.0: changelog.
    1.0.1: changelog.

1.1.0 beta 1: changelog.
    1.1.0: changelog.
    1.1.1: changelog.
    1.1.2: changelog.
    1.1.3: changelog.
    1.1.4: changelog.

1.2.0 beta 1: changelog.
    1.2.0 beta 2: changelog.
    1.2.0 beta 3: changelog.
    1.2.0 beta 4: changelog.
    1.2.0 beta 5: changelog.
    1.2.0: changelog.
    1.2.1: changelog.
    1.2.2: changelog.
    1.2.3: changelog.
    1.2.4: changelog.

1.3.0 beta 1: changelog.
    1.3.0 beta 2: changelog.
    1.3.0 beta 3: changelog.
    1.3.0 beta 4: changelog.
    1.3.0 beta 5: changelog.
    1.3.0: changelog.
    1.3.1: changelog.

1.3.2: changelog.
    1.3.3: changelog.
    1.3.4: changelog.
    1.3.5: changelog.
    1.3.6: changelog.
    1.3.7: changelog.
    1.3.8: changelog.
    1.3.9: changelog.

P.S. The name of the script is Automatic DOwnloading System (ADOS). Maybe it is not original or clever, but I think it's also not so bad
    P.P.S. English is not my native language (Russian is), so I apologize for misspelling and grammar mistakes.
    Last edited by DINI; 07-09-2008 at 19:59.

Preparing for installation

In this post you can find instructions for preparing your system for ADOS installation.
    Below you will find out how to configure:
    • IPKG system
    • lighttpd server
    • PHP

These instructions were originally written by Reyter. Down there is only English translation with minor changes.

---------------
    Step 1. Configuring IPKG system.

First of all check which repository your IPKG uses. We will need an alternative repository.
    So if you used other one here is a list of commands, which will help you easily migrate to the new repository (all packages will be uninstalled and then installed again, but configuration files (if there are any) will remain unchanged):
    Code:
    echo "src unslung http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable" > /opt/etc/ipkg.conf
    echo "dest root /" >> /opt/etc/ipkg.conf
    ipkg update && ipkg install uclibc-opt && awk '/^Package:/{system("ipkg install -force-reinstall -force-defaults " $2)}' /opt/lib/ipkg/status
    If your IPKG is already configured for using an alternative repository, just skip everything above.

Step 2. Installing packages.

We will need these packages: cron, lighttpd, sqlite and php-fcgi.
    Also we will need download engines that will be used by ADOS: cURL and Wget.
    And these packages are optional but recommended: php-gd and php-mbstring.

The installation is very simple. Just execute this code in terminal:
    Code:
    ipkg update
    ipkg install cron
    ipkg install lighttpd
    ipkg install sqlite
    ipkg install php-fcgi
    ipkg install libcurl
    ipkg install wget
    ipkg install php-gd
    ipkg install php-mbstring
    ---------------
    Step 3. Configuring lighttpd web server.

Now let’s edit configuration file of lighttpd.
    Open /opt/etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf and uncomment (remove ‘#’ at the beginning) these strings:
    Code:
    "mod_access",
    "mod_fastcgi",
    "mod_cgi",
    "mod_accesslog"
    Set root directory (change value inside double quotes to written below):
    Code:
    server.document-root = "/opt/share/www/"
    Assign port (you can choose any value that you prefer):
    Code:
    server.port = 8080
    And finally set up fast-cgi (uncomment and edit strings as written below):
    Code:
    fastcgi.server             = ( ".php" =>
                                   ( "localhost" =>
                                     (
                                    "min-procs" => 1,
                                    "max-procs" => 1,
                                    "max-load-per-proc" => 4,
                                    "socket" => "/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket",
                                    "bin-path" => "/opt/bin/php-fcgi"
                                     )
                                   )
                                )
    Save changes and close file.

---------------
    Step 4. Configuring PHP.

We must enable some important extensions.
    To do this, open file /opt/etc/php.ini and uncomment present strings and add missed ones:
    Code:
    extension=pdo.so
    extension=sqlite.so
    extension=pdo_sqlite.so

---------------
    Step 5. Configuring cron.

Open file /opt/etc/crontab and insert there these strings (if they are not already present):
    Code:
    SHELL=/bin/sh
    PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
    MAILTO=""
    HOME=/
    # ---------- ---------- Default is Empty ---------- ---------- #
    */1 * * * * admin /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.1min
    */5 * * * * admin /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.5mins
    01 * * * * admin /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.hourly
    02 4 * * * admin /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.daily
    22 4 * * 0 admin /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.weekly
    42 4 1 * * admin /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.monthly
    Note: Replace admin here with your login, if you changed the default one.

Step 6. Making script to run cron tasks.

Make new file named /opt/bin/run-parts and insert there this code:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    #
    # runparts.sh by macsat@macsat.com
    # intended for use with cron
    #
    # based on rc.unslung by unslung guys :-)
    #
    if [ -z "$1" ]
    then
    echo "Usage : $0 "
    fi

RUNDIR=$1"/*"

for i in $RUNDIR ;do

# Ignore dangling symlinks (if any).
    [ ! -f "$i" ] && continue

case "$i" in
    *.sh)
    # Source shell script for speed.
    (
    trap - INT QUIT TSTP
    set start
    . $i
    )
    ;;
    *)
    # No sh extension, so fork subprocess.
    $i start
    ;;
    esac
    done
    Save and close file.

Now, make it executable. In the terminal execute command:
    Code:
    chmod +x /opt/bin/run-parts
    Step 7. Making directories for cron scripts.

Now, we must make some new directories. Execute these commands in the terminal:
    Code:
    mkdir /opt/etc/cron.1min
    mkdir /opt/etc/cron.5mins
    mkdir /opt/etc/cron.hourly
    mkdir /opt/etc/cron.daily
    mkdir /opt/etc/cron.weekly
    mkdir /opt/etc/cron.monthly
    Scripts from directory /opt/etc/cron.1min will be executed every minute; scripts from directory /opt/etc/cron.5mins will be executed once in every 5 minutes; and so on. Just note this when you’ll be installing ADOS.

---------------
    Step 8. [Optional] Running server and cron automatically after hard disk mounting.

If you want cron and lighttpd to start automatically just after you connect a USB cable, you must add these strings to your /usr/local/sbin/post-mount file:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /opt/etc/init.d/S10cron
    /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd start
    Note: Do not add the first string if it is already present in the file!

Save this file to flash and commit changes:
    Code:
    flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable
    ---------------
    Congratulations, everything is done!

Now, let’s restart lighttpd to apply new configuration:
    Code:
    /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd restart
    That’s all. Now all packages should work fine and you’re ready to install ADOS.
    Last edited by DINI; 27-02-2008 at 20:32.

Installing and configuring ADOS

Instructions for installing and configuring listed below software you can find in the previous post.

System requirements (for 1.3.x):
    • Web server that supports POST method for forms and cookies (I use lighttpd).
    • PHP 5.1.3 and higher.
    • crontab.
    • SQLite 2.x and higher (supported by PHP) or MySQL 4.x and higher (installed and configured by yourself).
    • At least one of these download engines: cURL (recommended), Wget, axel.
    • GD library for PHP to generate graphical progress bars (optional).
    • mbstring library for PHP to parse non-Latin characters in the links (optional).
    • Browser with JavaScript support.
      The script works perfect in Firefox 2.0 and higher. Most of the functions were tested and should work in IE 6.0 and higher, Opera 9.0 and higher and Safari 3.0.4 and higher. Work is not guaranteed but is most likely possible in Firefox 1.x, IE 5.x and Opera 8.x.

Installing:
    1. Install and configure all software to conform to system requirements listed above (see previous post).
    2. Extract files from the installation archive to the directory you wish install the system to.
    3. Open the index file in this directory in your browser. For example, if you configured your server to work on port 8080 and the installation directory is the root directory for this server, you must enter in the address bar of your browser http://my.router:8080.
    4. Then just follow the instructions of the installation script.

Note: It is better to specify a separate directory where the files will be saved to. For example you can make directory /opt/ados and specify this path. Downloaded files will be saved to subdirectories of this directory depending on the user which initiated the download and the category that this user chose.
    For example if I will select category video to save the file, then file will be saved to /opt/ados/dini/video.
    Thus you can configure your FTP server’s permissions the way so users will have their root directories equal to their subdirectories according to system settings. So they won’t have ability to access directories and downloaded files of other users.
    Also, three default directories will be made during installation process:
    _tmp — for storing temporary files during downloading
    _log — for storing logs of CRON tasks and logs of the download module. In case of successful download the log will be deleted due to its quite big size.
    _all — for storing shared files.

Configuring the system:
    Directly after the end of the installation and logging in to the system open “Settings” tab and carefully look through all the settings located there. Choose the options which will mostly suit your desires.

Note 1: Unfortunately SQLite 2.x has a poor Unicode support, thus it is impossible to store there non-Latin characters. However it is possible to encode strings to base64 and store to the database encoded strings. Exactly this will happen if you enable checking for non-Latin characters option. But the encoded strings are 33% longer than the original ones. And also a little more system resources are needed to perform encoding and further decoding. Therefore if it is critical for you to use non-Latin symbols in file descriptions or anywhere else, you can turn this option on.
    Because SQLite 3.x and MySQL databases have full Unicode support, this option will not be available for these databases.

Note 2: By now only actions performed by downloading, files and cron classes are logged. Thus enable logging is suitable only in case you have problems with downloading files or with performing cron tasks, but it won’t be helpful if you have problems with scheduled events or user accounts.
    Support of logging actions of other classes will hopefully be added in future versions.

Note 3: I don’t recommend you to set a big number of simultaneous downloads. Everything will work fine, but, for instance, axel makes many processes if using multithreading downloading. Thus too many processes will be created for downloading large number of files. It can result in lack of memory. You can use swap to solve this problem.
    Nevertheless I have no problems with combination of 10 threads for axel and 3 simultaneous downloads.

Note 4: The more files are in the list, the more time is needed for system to parse all the information about these files.
    The most number of resources is needed to parse information about downloading files, because the script must parse all logs for these files to show you info about downloading status: time left, percent of downloaded amount and so on.
    Therefore in spite of it is possible to use real-time automatic refreshing of download info, it is not recommended to turn on this option, especially because you most likely will use the script for the router, and it has got not very big amount of resources. So even if you prefer to use automatic refreshing I suggest setting up it to run not more frequent, then once in 30 seconds. Or you can refresh info by yourself using the “Refresh download list” button located in the menu over the files list.

Note 5: I did not completely test working of the script when using non-administrative accounts. So at the time I cannot guarantee that all restrictions for such accounts will work perfectly. Thus I will appreciate testing these accounts by you.
    Last edited by DINI; 27-02-2008 at 20:42.

Installing and configuring ADOS (end)

Login-password pair authentication:
    If you have premium accounts of hosters like RapidShare or FileFactory or it is needed to be authenticated by the FTP server, then you can add a list of authentication parameters in the “Settings” tab.
    Domain in this list is an address template that will be used to bypass authentication.
    For instance: httð://*.rapidsahre.com. Authentication will be performed at all subdomains of domain rapidshare.com.
    Another example: httð://rs200.rapidsahre.*. Authentication will be performed only at subdomain rs200, but regardless of the domain zone (de, ru, com.ua).
    If you wish to share authentication parameters with non-administrative users, then put a flag into the “Shared” column.

How to download a single file or a list of files:
    1. Open “Downloads” tab.
    2. Press “Add links” button (the first left over the files list).
    3. Enter one or more links that you want to download. You can just paste a text containing necessary links. There is only one condition: links must be separated from each other by a space, tab character or by a line feed.
      If the link contains spaces or if it is needed to clearly indicate the link, then this link must be included into the tag [url]...[/ url] (closing tag must be without space).
      If you want to add a description for the link, then put this description after the necessary link and inside the tag [desc]...[/desc].
    4. If you have only one link, continue to the next step.
      If you have many links, then you will be asked to confirm its addresses and to select the ones that must be downloaded. Also at this step you can choose priority of downloading for each link and more easily add descriptions for them. Descriptions added at the previous step will be already viewed.
    5. Set the necessary parameters:
      - enter the name for the file;
      - choose the category;
      - specify save path, if needed;
      - enter the description (if you did not already, but still wish to do so);
      - choose the module for downloading (cURL is recommended);
      - attach the download to one of the upcoming scheduled events, if needed.
    6. If only one link was added, it is possible to start downloading by pushing the corresponded button. Or you can push the “Apply settings” button at the bottom of the form to save all parameters.
      If many links were added, then the specified parameters (category, save path, module and event attach) could be applied for all links. In this case file names will be received from the remote servers and for each link will be used description, specified at the previous steps (if it was done).

Downloads management:
    Management means changing download state to one of the following:
    - download (perform the download action)
    - pause (cancel the download, but keep downloaded information to have an ability to continue download later, if such ability is supported by the downloading module)
    - stop (cancel the download and delete all downloaded information)
    - cancel (stop the download and remove all information about it from the DB)

1. Select downloads you want to manage (just click on the rows in the files list; to select several links, press Ctrl button and without releasing it click on the first row and move the cursor down to select following rows).
    2. If only one row is selected, then the “Download properties” button can be pressed to perform the management in the dialog box.
    3. If several links are selected, then you must use the first block of management buttons (icons with one paper list at the background).
    4. To manage all selected links at one time, use the second block of buttons (icons with two paper lists at the background).

Note: some time may be necessary to change downloadings’ state. It depends on the amount of the files list (see previous post).

Generally, that’s it.
    I’m sorry, but at the time you must examine working with schedule, categories, user management and downloading modules by yourself because there is no detailed manual for it and I have too little time to write such manual (help is very appreciated). I hope I’ll do it later, but I can’t tell you the exact time.

Internet Explorer 6 users (and users of previous versions of IE):
    The browser incorrectly parsers PNG files with alpha channel (transparent areas). Exactly these kind of images the script uses.
    Nevertheless, there is a special algorithm included in the script, which helps to correct alpha channel parsing. The disadvantage of this algorithm is that the correction is performing at a real-time after each reload of the page. And the more elements must be parsed, the more time it will take.

To disable the algorithm, open in any text editor with UTF-8 support file index.php from the root directory of the script and find there this string:
    Code:
    define( 'PARSE_PNG'		, TRUE );
    Replace there "TRUE" with "FALSE" (without quotes) and save the file.

Epilogue
    You can post in this thread (and hopefully later in project’s own website) messages with bugs and errors descriptions, but due to the lack of free time, that I spend for working on this script, I can’t guarantee that I will fix these bugs as soon as you and I want.

I also don’t know if I will add more functions to the script and optimize it, but I hope so.
    By the way, your donations can make a great influence on it

Hope, you’ll like my script and it will help you to download and manage files easily.
    Last edited by DINI; 27-02-2008 at 20:52.

Help to localize ADOS!

Dear current and future ADOS users!

Following your requests I made a translation of all the instructions for my script. The result you can see in previous posts.
    I also translated the license agreement, so now you can familiarize with it. But note that any translation of this agreement has no legal effect. Only Russian edition of the agreement has such effect.
    I don't even think that these translations are an excellent one, but I did the best of mine.

I very appreciate help of platinum_sn and JluMoHka in translating system's language files to English. I didn't do it by myself due to the lack of time; you know it (see previous post).
    However I neither think that this translation is the ideal one.

Therefore I will be glad if somebody will correct all (or some) the translations so they will be grammatically correct and clear for understanding.

I’ll also appreciate any help with translating these instructions and (or) script’s language files to languages, other than English.
    To make a translation of the files, open them in any text editor with UTF-8 support. You will see language strings that are made by this template:
    Code:
     ['string_key'] => "The string for translation";
    You must translate only strings at the right side of the arrow, without removing quotes or any special symbols inside them (i.e. \n or <desc>). Also, do not use double quotes in these strings. Use the single ones instead or escape double quotes with a backslash: \”.

Feel free to contact me by the e-mail: ados [at] dini [dot] su.
    You can also send to this address all the translations you’ll make.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by DINI; 27-02-2008 at 21:23.

Please help to write a browser plugin

Unfortunately I don’t have enough knowledge to write browser plugins by myself, so I have to ask for your help.

You can notice that you must open ADOS web page on your router every time you want to add new link you wish to download. I understand that this action will become boring after a week of using the system (or even earlier).
    However I have an idea of how to simplify the process of adding links to ADOS. The goal is to make a plugin for browser that will send ADOS a simple GET or POST request with something like this:
    Code:
    httð://my.router:8080/ados/?user_name=root&user_pass=12345&link=http://example.com/file.txt
    This request will be automatically parsed by ADOS and the link specified there will be automatically added to the download queue.
    So the user will need only to select necessary link, or a block of text containing links he or she wishes to download, and with a context or a standard browser’s menu select the corresponded item to send this link to ADOS through a plugin.

If you have an ability to write more complex plugin, I will be glad to share with you some more ideas for improving ADOS functionality that I have.

For any questions and suggestions please contact me by an e-mail: ados [at] dini [dot] su.

Thank you.
    Last edited by DINI; 27-02-2008 at 21:21.

A few screenshots of the interface:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Exclamation 1.3.2

Attention: version 1.3.2 (build 64) is available.
    See download link in the firs post of the topic.

To make an update replace files at the server with files from the downloaded archive (it is necessary to copy update directory) and then run the script from the browser. You will be redirected to the update page.

Added:
    • Ability to automatically delete lock files — thanks to Nomad13 for advice.
    • Ability to set default language in the list of installed system languages.

Updated:
    • Button 'Log' in the upper menu was moved to the right and is now located near the 'Settings' button. I think that menu's structure is now more accurate.

Fixed:
    • In the authorization menu now system's default language is used (earlier in this menu, if the system has been installed with multilingual support, English laguage was used regardless of the specified default language) — thanks to Zyxmon for report.
    • Correct detection of the server port (earlier port could be unidentified) — thanks to timoha for report.

Hotfixes:

(02.03.2008 13:35 GMT — build 65)
    • Fixed errors in some MySQL queries — thanks to sarlacc for report.

(02.03.2008 18:55 GMT — build 66)
    • Fixed problem with system logout (earlier the logout could not be proceeded due to an error with cookies) — thanks to PupsDRVR, Zyxmon and AlexVx for report.

Note: After the update process it is necessary to update your browser's cache, as well. To do this, simply press Ctrl+R when viewing one of the system's pages.
    Note: After update to build 66, please delete all cookies associated with the script!
    Last edited by DINI; 02-03-2008 at 20:03.

Exclamation 1.3.3

Attention: version 1.3.3 (build 67) is available.
    See download link in the firs post of the topic.

To make an update replace files at the server with files from the downloaded archive (it is necessary to copy update directory) and then run the script from the browser. You will be redirected to the update page.

Added:
    • Ability to use secure connection (HTTPS).

Fixed:
    • System events deleting (erarlier the error "No events with such ID" appeared when deleting events of the specified type).

problem with ADOS

I have installed ADOS version 1.3.3 and sqlite3 ....
    on WL500W and last oleg firmware
    and there is problem with downloading

in log files is

b6d88bb3f6d679156cd993bc873c906d.log
    /opt/bin/run-parts: /opt/etc/cron.1min/ados_b6d88bb3f6d679156cd993bc873c906d.sh: 3: /opt/bin: Permission denied

cron_end_download.log
    Fatal error: Database query execution error
    Query UPDATE categories_files SET file_state='error',file_error='Can\'t get information about current download state.',file_dl_stop='1205613067' WHERE file_id='1'
    Answer near "t": syntax error

and in ADOS LOG
    Event time 15.03.2008 22:16
    Code EMC_006
    Short message Can't recieve information about the download
    Description Can't get information about current download state.
    Probable reason The module can not parse information about download's state from its log file.
    Solution * Check if the download's log file exists and the system has rights to read it.

Miscellaneous
    File ID 1
    Filename apache-manual_2.2.8-1_mipsel.ipk
    Download ID b6d88bb3f6d679156cd993bc873c906d

Can you help?

Thank you Katos

"Permission denied" error most likely occurs because of incorrect cron configuration. Check CHMOD for /opt/etc/cron.1min directory (execution must be allowed). Also check that php has necessary rights to run sh files.

As to DB error, I'll try to reproduce it and if I'll get the same result, I will fix the error in the next build of ADOS.

Quote Originally Posted by DINI View Post
    "Permission denied" error most likely occurs because of incorrect cron configuration. Check CHMOD for /opt/etc/cron.1min directory (execution must be allowed). Also check that php has necessary rights to run sh files.

As to DB error, I'll try to reproduce it and if I'll get the same result, I will fix the error in the next build of ADOS.

chmod for /opt/etc/cron.1min is drwxr-xr-x (755)
    sorry, where or how can i checkthat php has necessary rights?
    after

$ php ados.sh
    rm /opt/etc/cron.1min/ados_976e1c8310e9197af7d98793b4515495.sh
    /opt/bin http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feed...8-1_mipsel.ipk -o /tmp/harddisk/downloads/_tmp/1_1_976e1c8310e9197af7d98793b4515495.ados --limit-rate 16384 > /tmp/harddisk/downloads/_log/976e1c8310e9197af7d98793b4515495.log 2>&1
    echo >> /opt/share/www/ados/cron.lock
    /opt/bin/php /opt/share/www/ados/classes/class_cron.php >> /tmp/harddisk/downloads/_log/cron_end_download.log
    $

Thanks Katos
    Last edited by katos; 16-03-2008 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by katos View Post
    chmod for /opt/etc/cron.1min is drwxr-xr-x (755)
    sorry, where or how can i checkthat php has necessary rights?
    after
    Please refer to cron manual. Cron executes sh scripts with rights that you've set in cron configuration file.

Quote Originally Posted by DINI View Post
    Please refer to cron manual. Cron executes sh scripts with rights that you've set in cron configuration file.
    my crontab
    "
    SHELL=/bin/sh
    PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/usr/bin:/opt/usr/sbin
    MAILTO=""
    HOME=/
    # ---------- ---------- Default is Empty ---------- ---------- #
    */1 * * * * root /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.1min
    */5 * * * * root /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.5mins
    01 * * * * root /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.hourly
    02 4 * * * root /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.daily
    22 4 * * 0 root /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.weekly
    42 4 1 * * root /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.monthly

*/30 * * * * root nice /opt/sbin/transmission_watchdog
    "
    I'm logged as root.
    When the "downloading" have started, ADOS created the ados#########. sh file in /opt/etc/cron.1min, and after moment is deleted.

Katos
    Last edited by katos; 16-03-2008 at 16:24.

I'd recommend you to set 600 permissions for /opt/etc/crontab itself (see man cron), and 700 for the scripts in cron.* dirs (the latter I'd recommend to be on the safe side --- I mean from the point of view of fulfillment of the cron requirements).

finally, check that something like this: /opt/bin/run-parts /opt/etc/cron.1min executes something when started manually.

PS nice /opt/sbin/transmission_watchdog has unclear meaning without setting of the nice level.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast