Thread: ADOS: a probable replacement for Download Master

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    Anyway, just wanted to mention this.
    Variable $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] contains only path to the script and cannot be used to identify domain name and port used to connect to the server.
    Therefore your solution cannot be used as universal one, but I'm glad that this solution is useful for you.

Hi DINI,

I see/understand.

But would this not only be the case when posting the contents of a page to an other domain?

Using only the 'relative' path to the script on the same domain works, hence why it's working for me.

(I'm a MS developer myself and do not fully understand the php syntax, so part of it is guessing for me.)
    Anyway. If someone stumbles upon the same problem as me, this might be a solution.

Last, keep up the developing of this nice application.
    I'm very, very, very satisfied with it's functionality.
    (at work, the firewall blocks litterally all file downloads (not pages), due to virus/policy settings. I have an ftp-connection to my home ip. So I copy the link of the file I want to download. open the ados page on my router. paste the link. let ados download. once it's downloaded, I open ftp-connection to home ip and I can then download the file. cumbersome, but it works.!.)

raas, I'm very glad to see that you found my script useful!
    As for the problem with domains (actually with port forwarding), I think that I have an idea how to solve it. I'll try to add a solution in the next build today or tomorrow.