Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware v1.2.3.0

Unhappy wlan "enable radio" ... problems with telnet ... any chance for ssh server on wlhdd

Hi :-)

I like my wl-hdd ... now (since 1.2.3) it is possible to switch off wlan *very-happy-now*

Or am I wrong? This Option in WL-HH Configure / Wireless / Advanced / Enable Radio? ... this option was added in Firmware V1.2.3 ... after upgrading FW and resetting to fatory defaults, nothing in selected yes neither no ... so I switched to no ... wlan led goes of after restart ... but after more configurations ... it switches on again :-(

but I have trouble to telnet to wl-hdd ...

---------------
    linuxnote1:/home/mazi1802 # telnet 192.168.0.100
    Trying 192.168.0.100...
    telnet: connect to address 192.168.0.100: Connection refused
    ---------------

- any chance for a ssh server on wl-hdd?

- How to get the nfs server to my wl-hdd working? seen this howto for FW 1.2.8?

Thanks
    Martin
    Last edited by Martin1802; 03-01-2005 at 21:10.

I can't seem to get mine to update to the latest version - firmware reads "1.1.2.8" but I get "firmware update failed"

The unit still works fine and I've tried every mirror I can find just in case it was a corrupt download/mirror.

Any ideas?

ASUS can put this under "stupid user error"

OK - for people as dumb as me, follow these instructions:

1.)Goto asus site, search for WL-HDD.
    2.)Goto downloads
    3.)Select BIOS
    4.)Download update
    5.)Open configuration page on router
    6.)Goto firmware section
    7.)Try and upload still zipped firmware.

8) Goto 1 as many times as you like, it ain't going to upload.

Or

Do steps 1 to 6
    7.) Unzip firmware
    8.) Upload
    9.) Wait.

D'oh.

@jockyw2001

What if i already have firmware 1.2.3.0? Can i just place your files on the HDD/part 1 and then run the script? Or will there be an 1.2.3.0 based custom firmware?

@bartz

I do have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkenier
    @jockyw2001

What if i already have firmware 1.2.3.0? Can i just place your files on the HDD/part 1 and then run the script? Or will there be an 1.2.3.0 based custom firmware?
    Yes, should run fine

Thumbs up Get it working even better?

I have installed firmware 1.2.3.0, added your "Linux Distribution" and init.sh as the startup script. THANKS!!! Everyting is working. I can record flwlessly from my DBOX about 80% of the time, 90% if I turn off "record all audiopids".

Any chance I can reach 100% ? :-),

Ive modified the init-script a little, I dont need Wlan and USB:
    Thanks 1000 Times

logos999

#!/bin/sh

ifconfig eth0 down
    ifconfig eth2 down
    ifconfig eth1 10.0.1.220 netmask 255.0.0.0

cd /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/bin

# start Samba 3.0.9 daemon
    killall -9 nmbd
    killall -9 smbd
    ./nmbd -s /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf -D
    ./smbd -s /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf -D

/tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/bin/telnetd -d -l /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/bin/mysh

mount -o bind /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc/ /etc

# start userspace NFSv3 daemon
    mkdir /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/var/lib
    mkdir /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/var/lib/nfs
    cp /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc/exports /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/var/lib/nfs/etab
    ./portmap
    ./mountd
    ./unfsd

# start FTP daemon
    killall -9 stupid-ftpd
    #./vsftpd &

Lightbulb SSH Server

I have done the same. Firmware 1.2.3.0 and Jocky's linux distro. What I am missing here is a SSH server. I have seen that Oleg's distribution contains Dropbear. Would it be possible to obtain that binary for the WL-HDD?

Thanks,
    Werner

Quote Originally Posted by logos999
    I have installed firmware 1.2.3.0, added your "Linux Distribution" and init.sh as the startup script. THANKS!!! Everyting is working. I can record flwlessly from my DBOX about 80% of the time, 90% if I turn off "record all audiopids".

Any chance I can reach 100% ? :-),
    I'd say 100% in your case should be possible once the 1.2.3.0 sourcecode is available. That allows to recompile the kernel in order to add a kernel mode NFS server which should be more performant than the usermode nfsd.

I think your current successrate of 80%-90% is not so good. Have you tried different networkconfigurations, e.g interconnect dbox and asus via a switch? Doing it that way you must either disable autonegotiate on the port where the dbox is connected to or you must set the asus to 10 or 100mb halfduplex with the "et" command

/JockyW

In firmware 1.2.3.0 I find busybox in /bin I discovered it after installing the files from jockyw2001, don't know if it was there before or not.

But i didn't link it to /bin right? Was it there in earlier firmwares?

Couldn't we just use this busybox, so whitout installing it on HDD, or is it different, or am I just completely wrong? (linux newbie)

2nd Can i put a username/passwd on telnet?
    Last edited by Valkenier; 18-01-2005 at 21:01.

1.2.3.0 stable?

I found my drive making clicking sounds this morning, it has been up for 1,5 days. (Rebooted the drive and it was going again.)

How stable is this drive anyway?
    I enabled ftp this week, but if i try to connect from the internet and i use NETFTP the ftp server crashes.
    This was never a problem when the drive was connected by USB to a Netgear WGT634U.
    When i connect using flash FXP it works great however.
    Asus Wl 500G, Asus WL 330G, Asus WL-HDD and a Asus Mypal A716 Wifi+BT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12