Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WebCam Problem:Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000

Logitech webcam sphere remote control : any experiences?

Since I tried a couple of webcams on my router which didn't work, I'm looking to buy a new one. I noticed that the logitech quickcam sphere is supported as of PWC 8.12., which has features to control the cam. Being a total linux noob, I'm trying to figure out what I would need:

- the quickcam sphere obviously
    - PWC 8.12: is it possible to put it in the firmware?
    - for remote control I probably need a new webpage instead of the default cam-page

Can this be done? I have no idea how to build my own firmware, but would it be possible to put the driver and page on my external usb disk?

very short answer: yes/yes

when i'll finish my router directory i'll compile the new pwc, as i need too a new version (logitech quickcam pro 4000)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Great. I was thinking of the 4000 pro as well, but since the sphere is a bit nicer... The 4000 doesn't work with the current 8.8?

current is 8.6

somebody reported the logitech 4000 as working, don't know how he got it working..

but mine is not recognized by the current 8.6 pwc (according to the pwc it should only work from 8.8)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

My webcam (Philips ToUCam Pro) functions fine with the current official firmware, though, can't select 640x480; which should be possible too. Hopefully a new costumized firmware can do that.

The main problem though, I can view the webcam just fine from within my LAN; as both ActiveX streaming webcam and in 'preview' JPEG-picture mode. But from WAN, only the 'preview' JPEG-picture mode works; can't seem to get the ActiveX script loaded from WAN.

The other weird thing, 'preview' JPEG-picture mode is in black&white, streaming is in color! Any suggestions?
    -I am Jack's wasted life.

Logitech webcam pro 4000 not working

Hi all,
    I have a logitech webcam pro 4000 set up on my WL-500g router. I'm trying to view the cam from the internet. I can view the page but I get no picture. I see nothing but a page of what looks like chinese. I can view the cam from the LAN and the picture looks fine. What can I do to resolve this? I have firmware 1.6.5.3 installed.

Thanks!

have a search, and read the manual
    the answer is already there

you can't view picture at a datastream port

you have to do this from websetup page

you can upgrade firmware to later version then webcam should(?) work from a apart page too

Question Logitech Webcam Pro 4000 always "sleep"

Dear all,

I have used Logitech Webcam Pro 4000 to directly connect to the WL-500g router (no USB hub is used and fireware is currently 1.8.1.9) for about 3 months; however, I VERY frequently found that there would be no response from WAN / LAN access after restarting the router for a while (about 1-2 hours). Each time when such situation was occurred, I would restart the router remotely or locally and then the webcam could work normally again for a short time. When I re-connected the webcam after a while, either:

1. no any images were shown (only a blank screen was shown and no any network activities were found); or
    2. show the images for 1-2 seconds and frozen forever

Then I re-started the router and the webcam could function normally again for a very short period (1-2 hours).

Anybody can give me some hits so that I can check this problem more deeply?

Thanks.

9. change your firmware because this one doesn't work at all for webcams.
    Need somebody like Oleg to change it.

Suggestion...

May be you could try fw v9.8.2.1 beta (see new thread).

There you can see:
    "nothing official: QOS supported is in webinterface now untested, webcam PWC driver updated to 8.11"

I think it could help you... It's working for me since today@01:55

PS: My webcam is the same as your's...

Quote Originally Posted by YS Yu
    Dear all,

I have used Logitech Webcam Pro 4000 to directly connect to the WL-500g router (no USB hub is used and fireware is currently 1.8.1.9) for about 3 months; however, I VERY frequently found that there would be no response from WAN / LAN access after restarting the router for a while (about 1-2 hours). Each time when such situation was occurred, I would restart the router remotely or locally and then the webcam could work normally again for a short time. When I re-connected the webcam after a while, either:

1. no any images were shown (only a blank screen was shown and no any network activities were found); or
    2. show the images for 1-2 seconds and frozen forever

Then I re-started the router and the webcam could function normally again for a very short period (1-2 hours).

Anybody can give me some hits so that I can check this problem more deeply?

Thanks.
    use search first next time, this was a known problem so no need to open a new thread for this, there is currently no currently known solution.

Unhappy WebCam Problem:Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000

Every thing works about this cam besides Security Mode.

1.Send Motion detect mail even there is no motion.
    2.Attached several 0K jpg files with the mail.

Did it happen to everyone using this cam?

Thanks your time.

I have exactly the same problem with the same camera.

I am using software version 1.8.1.7 CR2a

Joyceko, what is your software version?
    Last edited by remixme; 15-12-2004 at 21:22.

problem does exists in 9.8.2.4(never released) firmware as well

I have not tested this yet at 1.9.x.x firmwares

remixme,

My firmware is 1.8.2.4 BETA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast