Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kraai
    Would be nice if they updated the user manual too once in a while.
    I don't understand chinese to well
    And I'd like to know how to use all those new options like QoS etc
    howto use Bandwidth Management is included in the firmware zip file

the exact same file has been placed here earlier already..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

find here some reference on WPA2, currently I'm a bit confused... as it looks like WPA with AES as encryption is WPA2.. !?

http://www.wi-fi.org/OpenSection/pdf/WPA2_Q_A.pdf

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Well, checked 1.9.2.6 sources. WPA2 is really broken at the moment, so I'm expect, that it probably will not work with wds. 1.9.2.6-1 will have WPA2 stuff disabled, until ASUS release stable firmware. Look like they've started fixing it in the 1.9.2.7.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    find here some reference on WPA2, currently I'm a bit confused... as it looks like WPA with AES as encryption is WPA2.. !?

http://www.wi-fi.org/OpenSection/pdf/WPA2_Q_A.pdf
    WPA uses TKIP as it's standard encryption, with AES being optional. WPA2 uses AES as standard encryption. But there are more differences between WPA and WPA2. WPA2 tries to address some flaws in WPA. Have a look at www.tinypeap.com for information about WPA.
    The latest drivers from intel for their centrino 2200BG chip have support for WPA and WPA2. One can choose between WPA - Personal (or enterprise) and WPA2 - Personal (or enterprise). How do i know that WPA2 is functioning on a WL-500g?
    Last edited by jbrbv; 13-12-2004 at 23:25.

2nd WL-500G as client does not work

Status showed connected to xxx but ping to routing host (1st WL-500G, with 1.9.2.7 firmware) gets no reply and no internet functions what-so-ever. Flash the client (the 2nd WL-500G) back to 1.8.2.4 everything works again. Tried a couple of times for both WDS and non-WDS modes, 1.9.2.7 never works but 1.8.2.4 always works (without even changing the settings).

Also Bandwidth Management still does not work. Has anybody managed to get it working?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12