http://www.asus.com.cn/pub/ASUS/wire...mware_1927.zip

Changelog:
    1. Add: Wireless Speaker.
    2. Add: WMM/WPA2 Support.
    3. Add: Bandwidth Management
    4. Add: MAC Filter for LAN and WLAN
    5. Add: Local port for Virtual Server
    4. Fix: monitor for WAN Die and Web Cam die
    Note1: Using this firmware on WL500g, the range of wireless transmission will be shortened because of the power of tx is lower.
    Note2: The Wireless speaker support aiff, asf, asx, au, avi, dat, mp3, mpeg, wav, wma, wmv and DO NOT support mid
    important!!
    When upgrading from 1.7.x.x based firmware: you MUST Reset your WL500g to defaults via the restore button at the back after upgrading to this firmware!

you do not have to do this when you upgrade from 1.8.x.x based firmware!

Do not import saved settings from older/other firmwares! this can cause unstability to your device
    Mirror @ Chupa.nl:
    http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g..._WL500g_EN.trx
    Last edited by Antiloop; 11-12-2004 at 17:32.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Geez, these mirrors are slow and tend to break connection when your halfway. Could someone please post a mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster
    Geez, these mirrors are slow and tend to break connection when your halfway. Could someone please post a mirror?
    This are quite enough mirrors
    Just use some download manager like Flashget, Jetget, wget, or something else which can restart broken transfers. I prefer Flashget, you can download simultanous from differend mirrors to speed up. Same will do wget under linux.

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Of course I could use a download manager, but when it takes an hour to download 5.5 megs of data, I'd look for more mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    Note1: Using this firmware on WL500g, the range of wireless transmission will be shortened because of the power of tx is lower.
    After you tried the new Bios out, can someone tell me how much shortened the range is?

Much more interesting is to see why it's shorter?

I be waiting to test this release, because the range is important to me.

in this firmware work WPA on WDS ? Anybody testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Viper_Rus
    in this firmware work WPA on WDS ? Anybody testing?
    Tried, but poor results. Did use 1.8.1.7-3 with much better results. BTW i'm using WPA-PSK and AES or AES/TKIP and not WPA.

English user manual ?

Would be nice if they updated the user manual too once in a while.
    I don't understand chinese to well
    And I'd like to know how to use all those new options like QoS etc

Quote Originally Posted by kraai
    Would be nice if they updated the user manual too once in a while.
    I don't understand chinese to well
    And I'd like to know how to use all those new options like QoS etc
    howto use Bandwidth Management is included in the firmware zip file

the exact same file has been placed here earlier already..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

find here some reference on WPA2, currently I'm a bit confused... as it looks like WPA with AES as encryption is WPA2.. !?

http://www.wi-fi.org/OpenSection/pdf/WPA2_Q_A.pdf

Well, checked 1.9.2.6 sources. WPA2 is really broken at the moment, so I'm expect, that it probably will not work with wds. 1.9.2.6-1 will have WPA2 stuff disabled, until ASUS release stable firmware. Look like they've started fixing it in the 1.9.2.7.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    find here some reference on WPA2, currently I'm a bit confused... as it looks like WPA with AES as encryption is WPA2.. !?

http://www.wi-fi.org/OpenSection/pdf/WPA2_Q_A.pdf
    WPA uses TKIP as it's standard encryption, with AES being optional. WPA2 uses AES as standard encryption. But there are more differences between WPA and WPA2. WPA2 tries to address some flaws in WPA. Have a look at www.tinypeap.com for information about WPA.
    The latest drivers from intel for their centrino 2200BG chip have support for WPA and WPA2. One can choose between WPA - Personal (or enterprise) and WPA2 - Personal (or enterprise). How do i know that WPA2 is functioning on a WL-500g?
    Last edited by jbrbv; 14-12-2004 at 00:25.

2nd WL-500G as client does not work

Status showed connected to xxx but ping to routing host (1st WL-500G, with 1.9.2.7 firmware) gets no reply and no internet functions what-so-ever. Flash the client (the 2nd WL-500G) back to 1.8.2.4 everything works again. Tried a couple of times for both WDS and non-WDS modes, 1.9.2.7 never works but 1.8.2.4 always works (without even changing the settings).

Also Bandwidth Management still does not work. Has anybody managed to get it working?

WDS work with 1.9.2.7

The WDS funktion works with 1.9.2.7, and very good too.

Using WPA-PSK with TKIP on both my Asus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast