Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: [HowTo] Get a HeadStart on a WL-500gP

Quote Originally Posted by caksi View Post
    Any tip on how to proceed?
    USB HDD or flash drive is not mounted. See syslog for details or post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by ryzhov_al View Post
    USB HDD or flash drive is not mounted. See syslog for details or post it here.
    I have looked at the log but have not seen any clue, or don't know what to look for.

Log attached.

thanks again,
    Attached Files Attached Files

ryzhov is right.. usb/flash drive isn't mounted.

-checked your connections (cables, connectors)?
    -if hdd... does it spin up?

ssh and all isn't running because the asus can't find the software located in /opt

login wiht telnet (port 23) and see if there's anything listed in

Code:
    /dev/discs/
    there should be a disc0 if the asus has detected the harddisk

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    there should be a disc0 if the asus has detected the harddisk
    ok there was no /dev/discs.

So I have powered down all the disks. Disconnected all disks except the one that usually was disc0. Waited some time. Rebooted, and /dev/disc0 came to live.
    The last change I remember before losing disc0 was that external case of disk1 was broken and I had replaced the case with another case that has a USB hub.
    Anyway, I rebooted the router a couple of times and it worked with all disks connected.
    It may be that the order of devices appearing at /dev/discs could be different at every boot? Does it depend on the hub and if it has every port with a connected device or no device connected at all?
    Any case, thank you everyone for your time and advice. It's working now and I'm happy with it.

So I have powered down all the disks. Disconnected all disks except the one that usually was disc0. Waited some time. Rebooted, and /dev/disc0 came to live.
    The same story. One of my external HDD cases wont start after reboot. The cheapest one Helps same solution: turning off, and then on.

It may be that the order of devices appearing at /dev/discs could be different at every boot? Does it depend on the hub and if it has every port with a connected device or no device connected at all?
    Anyway, first avaliable partition wil be mounted to /tmp/harddisk at startup. Its firmware feature.

First of all thank you for an excellent headstart compilation which sure makes it easier for the rest of us.

I have gone through the guide and done as prescribed. Everything works great except 2 things:

1) My printer (Brothers HL-2035) doesn't work. How do I activate it? It has worked great with the standard Asus firmware before I installed the HeadStart.

2) Samba isn't working on my Mac. Before (on the standard Asus firmware) I could access my external HD using the Mac, but this is not possible anymore. Why?

excellent headstart compilation !
    I done a fresh install an every think works good with one exception :

After i done all instalation i was able to connect to my headstart homepage : http://192.168.1.1:8082

But after i made an ipk update / ipk upgrade apears the problem !!

I cant access headstart homepage : http://192.168.1.1:8082

with df i see that partitions are mounted correctly !
    with ps axf i see that server lighttpd are running !

The script post mount /usr/local/sbin/post-mount is correct :

PHP Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    /opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung start 
    I can access Samba on http://192.168.1.1:901/ so samba is running and works ok !

The only page that i cannot access is headstart homepage http://192.168.1.1:8082 !!!

any suggestions pls ?

Ok, i made a fresh install ... again ... and :

headstartd page works default :
    samba work
    all services working

BUT... always is a "BUT"

afer i made update & upgrade to ipkg ... all services crushed..

headstart - connection refused
    samba - connection refused

from this point ...all thing are real annoying..

I think in repository they are many new version :samba2,bussybox,lightttpd..etc etc ... after upgrade all of them crushed !

maybe is time that someone should make a new HOW TO - step by step for all installation.. here are many "how to" and avery one is different !

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213