Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: [HowTo] Get a HeadStart on a WL-500gP

PHP doesn't work

I've installed everything.
    Samba works like a charm.
    Proftpd hangs on reboot (not such a big problem).
    I don't like transmission. Rtorrent works better.
    Lighttpd start, the server works, but not with PHP.

This is the errors from the log:

2009-02-08 10:21:55: (log.c.97) server started
    2009-02-08 10:29:18: (mod_fastcgi.c.1768) connect failed: Connection refused on unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0
    2009-02-08 10:29:18: (mod_fastcgi.c.2956) backend died; we'll disable it for 5 seconds and send the request to another backend instead: reconnects: 0 load: 1
    2009-02-08 10:29:18: (mod_fastcgi.c.2722) child signaled: 11
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.2494) unexpected end-of-file (perhaps the fastcgi process died): pid: 479 socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.3282) child signaled: 11
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.1051) the fastcgi-backend /opt/bin/php-fcgi failed to start:
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.1065) terminated by signal: 11
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.1070) to be exact: it segfaulted, crashed, died, ... you get the idea.
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.1072) If this is PHP, try removing the bytecode caches for now and try again.
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.3302) respawning failed, will retry later
    2009-02-08 10:29:19: (mod_fastcgi.c.3325) response not received, request sent: 764 on socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0 for /cms/index.php , closing connection
    Does someone know how to solve this problem. Thanks

(I'm almost a noob in linux, but i learn from experience).

Hi mandgeo,

are you sure your php isn't working? check the phpmyadmin page, link provided on the headstart homepage. phpmyadmin is a php application,
    regardless of the error.. php should work.

PHP and CGI was not working.

I've gave up the idea of installing the opt and mnt from you raas. It was too much, and i like rtorrent. I had to many problems.

I made a clean Wengi install. Rtorrent works fine, much better than transmission. vsftpd works, but i have some trouble making it work like before (it doesn't like the password file).
    And php/cgi stil doesn't work. I think i never saw them working on my router.

Anyway...i'm happy that torrents are flowing.

Hi Mandgeo,

whatever works best for you.
    (however, php and cgi (should) work fine in the basic install, if you don't change your ip address, if you do, the webserver will look at a parser on an ip address which isn't there.. this is to be configured in lighttpd.conf, if you run standard ip addres (192.168.1.1) then it should work.)

raas

router's ip is 192.168.1.1.

the closer i got to php/cgi was something like "php-fcgi <defunct>" (if i remember right) in ps axf.

hmm..
    you've obviously not changed the ip.
    I have to check the image (but can't do it right now... right in the middle of interfacing with I/O ports.. will ask a friend to check the image. )

Raas

Firstly thanks for a great package in that of Headstart 2. Made my use of Olegs great firmware even more productive. Follows are some comments and questions.

INSTALLATION: I was surprised that there were no significant problems. The only exception was in Step 3.
    “wget files.wl500g.......” required change to
    “wget http://files.wl500g ...... “ simple!!

I am especially impressed with how well wshaper prioritises voip. However I need to tweak wshaper to provide priority to web browsing over torrents.

QUESTIONS:
    Transmission:
    Update is not creating a graphical image. Do I need to install rrdtool or gnuplot ?

Qos: Are there any packages available that provide the same sort of qos graphis as Tomato?

Home Automation: Are there any home Automation packages available or in development? There are ports available with a Tx line, an Rx line, a 3.3-V line, and a GND line. An unused port could be converted from 3.3v to 5v for normal RS232 signals. The other option would be to use a USB converter cable that supports the Usbserial driver.

Nice:
    I’ve considering using Nice to prioritise traffic. The aim is -
    1) Voip
    2) Samba
    3) Gmail (Vista)
    4) Web Browsing (Vista)
    5) uTorrent (Vista)
    6) Transmission (do not have enough functionality to use alone)
    Is this possible using Nice? If I give transmission a niceness of 19 does this result in a niceness of other apps that cannot be given a niceness, including Vista web browsing, of 0? ie 0 being a higher priority. Is it possible to give a Windows app a niceness. eg uTorrent 10, Gmail -10

Wondershaper:
    Will wshaper always prioritise voip even if I use Nice ?
    Is it possible to prioritise traffic via ports (port ranges even better) with wshaper startup commands?
    Wspaper is in the kernel. How to hack? Would require a recompile?
    Could you suggest a wshaper tutorial for Oleg ?

thanks
    Rod

PS I'm running a WL500W Oleg -10
    Last edited by rod178; 06-04-2009 at 06:55.

Quote Originally Posted by rod178 View Post
    Raas

Firstly thanks for a great package in that of Headstart 2. Made my use of Olegs great firmware even more productive.
    Thanks, glad you like it.

...I was surprised that there were no significant problems. The only exception was in Step 3.
    “wget files.wl500g.......” required change to
    “wget http://files.wl500g ...... “ simple!!
    Well, sometimes it works without the http:// sometimes it doesn't.
    However. I changed the tutorial, just to be sure, no one is having the same problems again. Thanks for the heads-up.

...Transmission:
    Update is not creating a graphical image. Do I need to install rrdtool or gnuplot ?
    hmmm. I'm not that much of a torrent-guy, so I don't really use it. From what I read from the board there are better torrent-clients available, you might want to try them.

Qos: Are there any packages available that provide the same sort of qos graphis as Tomato?
    I've never used tomato, so I can't anwer on that.

...Home Automation: Are there any home Automation packages available or in development? There are ports available with a Tx line, an Rx line, a 3.3-V line, and a GND line. An unused port could be converted from 3.3v to 5v for normal RS232 signals. The other option would be to use a USB converter cable that supports the Usbserial driver.
    Doing some HA myself with a velleman k8055 board connected to the Asus.
    For now, I'm only measuring (consumed electricity and gas, room-temperatures), but at this point I'm not 'controlling' any. this is for the future. Have a look at:

http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=133123 and http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1598 (there are 2 libraries in this post which can control the k8055)

Nice:
    I’ve considering using Nice to prioritise traffic. The aim is -
    1) Voip
    2) Samba
    3) Gmail (Vista)
    4) Web Browsing (Vista)
    5) uTorrent (Vista)
    6) Transmission (do not have enough functionality to use alone)
    Is this possible using Nice? If I give transmission a niceness of 19 does this result in a niceness of other apps that cannot be given a niceness, including Vista web browsing, of 0? ie 0 being a higher priority. Is it possible to give a Windows app a niceness. eg uTorrent 10, Gmail -10

Wondershaper:
    Will wshaper always prioritise voip even if I use Nice ?
    Is it possible to prioritise traffic via ports (port ranges even better) with wshaper startup commands?
    Wspaper is in the kernel. How to hack? Would require a recompile?
    Could you suggest a wshaper tutorial for Oleg ?

thanks
    Rod

PS I'm running a WL500W Oleg -10

The only thing that is niced is HellaNZB. I guess you coult NICE some more.
    Don't know about your questions about Wondershaper, I'm not using.
    I suppose you also use the Asus a router, while I'm only using it as a lan-client, I'm not experienced in setting up the asus as a router and configure traffic.

HTH

Smile Thanks & Small HellaNZB Fix

Raas,

Thanks for HeadStart II! I've been enjoying it now for over 4 months.

Tonight I finally figured out a way to get rid of the following HellaNZB error message:
    Warning: disk_free_space() [function.disk-free-space]: No such file or directory in /mnt/protected/WebUI/zussaweb/functions.php on line 4

On line 4 of the functions.php located in /mnt/protected/WebUI/zussaweb
    Change:
    return (round (disk_free_space(disk)/1024/1024,2));
    To:
    return (round (disk_free_space('/mnt')/1024/1024,2));

At least that worked for me. Hopefully someone finds this useful.
    Again much thanks to you and all who contribute to wl500g development and wl500g.info.

Hi Rich4rd,

I'm glad that you like it.
    You've made a nice contribution to this topic. If there's a headstart III (time) I will def. to this little trick.

raas

Smile Better HellaNZB Fix

Hi Raas,

While exploring why the Upload NZB functionality didn't seem to work, I think I may have found the root of some of the minor HellaNZB issues. It appears the /mnt/protected/WebUI/zussaweb/settings.php file needs a couple small changes.

On lines 8 & 9, instead of:
    $disk = '/mnt/HellaNZB/usenet';
    $download_nzb_path = '/mnt/HellaNZB/nzb/daemon.queue';

I believe they should be:
    $disk = '/mnt/protected/Downloaders/HellaNZB/usenet';
    $download_nzb_path = '/mnt/protected/Downloaders/HellaNZB/nzb/daemon.queue';

After those changes, lines 3 & 4 of the functions.php can be changed to:

function freediskspace($disk) {
    return (round (disk_free_space($disk)/1024/1024,2));

HTH.

Webserver stopped after "ipkg upgrade"

Hi Raas,

first of all.. Thank you very much for the great work on the headstart.

I have been working with it for a while now and i thought it might be good to upgrade the packages to the newest versions, so i gave the command:

ipkg update
    ipkg upgrade -force-defaults

after that I couldn't start lighttpd any more..

samba is still working but i can't control transmission anymore..

Do you have an idea how I can fix this?

tnx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    after that I couldn't start lighttpd any more..

samba is still working but i can't control transmission anymore..

Do you have an idea how I can fix this?

tnx in advance
    look at my post:
    http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=166318&postcount=38
    they left out e-poll in newer releases, so you need to select poll

Thank you very much...

after editing the .conf file I was able to do everything again

Hey Raas,

i am working at your tut now, i have done the tut of Wengi, for a year ago, but now i want have that PHP server inclusive MySQL database.

I am reading your tut, but my 1tb hdd is formatting takes a while, i knew that..

But when i reading you are talking about:

Step 1.
    I couldn't have done a better job than WENGI. (Thanks man!)
    Follow step 1 to 4b exactly from the excellent tutorial made by WENGI (found here: http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307). If you read Step5: IPKG, stop, and continue this tutorial.
    ( i can remember in the past there was a 4a and 4b part, but now:
    there is no 4a and 4b.. only part 4 ..

Part 5 is
    5. Startup-scripts
    and

Part 6 is
    6. IPKG
    I think it means i have to do the Wengi tut till Part 6, so inclusive 5...

Do i have right? or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast