Thread: Which firmware should I use for wl500g with powerhack?

Which firmware should I use for wl500g with powerhack?

Hoi,

van welke firmware kan ik het beste gebruik maken als ik de power hack er standaard in wil hebben, dus dat hij 84mW vermogen uitzend? Ik heb gekeken, maar kan nou niet 1 2 3 vinden welke custom firmwares het standaard ondersteunen, of moet ik ervan uitgaan dat ze het allemaal doen?

---

Hi,

wich custom/normal firmware should i use if i want to use the powerhack, so it transmits it's full power of 84mW. I have searched, but i can't find in any release notes that it is supported by default, or have all custom firmwares this enabled as a standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer
    Hoi,

van welke firmware kan ik het beste gebruik maken als ik de power hack er standaard in wil hebben, dus dat hij 84mW vermogen uitzend? Ik heb gekeken, maar kan nou niet 1 2 3 vinden welke custom firmwares het standaard ondersteunen, of moet ik ervan uitgaan dat ze het allemaal doen?

---

Hi,

wich custom/normal firmware should i use if i want to use the powerhack, so it transmits it's full power of 84mW. I have searched, but i can't find in any release notes that it is supported by default, or have all custom firmwares this enabled as a standard?
    all firmwares later than 1.8.0.0 support 'power' hack out of box (yes even Asus firmwares)

btw in your topic you stated a Asus WL500 instead of WL500g, if you have a WL500 you can not do this

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Tnx

I have a wl500g, so ill be upgrading

Thanks for the quick response.

Still one question,

where can i enable it?

I can't find the option?

On the left navigation menu of the web page, select 'wireless' (the third 'folder'). Still in the left-side menu, select the 'advanced' page. You'll find the 'Radio Power' just above the 'Restore'/'Finish'/'Apply' buttons. Form my experience, there's no problem with setting it to the maximum (84). Don't expect that to make a big difference, tough...

On the left navigation menu of the web page, select 'wireless' (the third 'folder'). Still in the left-side menu, select the 'advanced' page. You'll find the 'Radio Power' just above the 'Restore'/'Finish'/'Apply' buttons. Form my experience, there's no problem with setting it to the maximum (84). Don't expect that to make a big difference, tough...

I am using Oleg's 1.8.1.7.3 firmware on a wl500g rev. 2.4