Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluez drivers compilation: 90% done

Bluez drivers compilation: done and PAN working!

Hi,

I've been trying to get my bluetooth CSR dongle to work on the Asus Wl-HDD (I know this is not the right forum, but this is of interest for any user of this firmware) and I'm using uclibc to make it work on Oleg's latest firmware (1.8.1.7-3)

I have already compiled libusb, and the necessary package for bluez (lib and tools). Programs are working, but I need to get hci_usb.o module to compile.

I've been enabling Bluez=m and USB_bluetooth=m in .config for the kernel. The only file I get in return is bluetooth.o which is not working for CSR. I don't find any option to get the ..../linux/drivers/bluetooth/hci_usb.c to compile. Of course, I might try to use a hand made build command, but I never compiled kernel modules without a full makefile.

This is the last stone to get this stack working. Applying the kernel patch for 2.4.20 kernel from bluez website give some errors, including in the hci_usb.c file, so I decided not to use them.

Could anybody give me the last push to make this working? I think the PAN profile could be working with this stack. I just need the hci_usb.o file and the necessary instruction to get it.

Thanks

EDIT: Done it. I'll post the Wiki page later on. Here is the tarball for bluez. a sample bluez script is at root, but it's not fully working. Just need to change a few thinks. Any PAN how to will show you how to end this script. I(ve been testing succesfully with my Ipaq, and i'll post more on this later.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hugo; 10-12-2004 at 20:25.

Hi Hugo,

I have already compiled the tools and modules for bluez. Take a look at
    this thread.

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=749

Dex

Thanks dex for your binary. It was the missing link. May I ask you how you managed to compile the kernel modules? I think I'll create a wiki page for the tutorial because this is an interesting project.

I'll post my binary also, because I've been compiling all the other tools from bluez, so it can be of interest for some.

My purpose was at the begining to get hid2hci working for my dongle, to use affix stack. But it ended up to be compiled wholly.

Hello hugo,

to compile the bluez module hci_usb.o you have to use the kernel option:

Bluetooth Support -> Bluetooth device drivers -> <M> HCI USB driver (-> hci_usb.o)

The option USB Support -> USB Bluetooth Support must be disabled. The module bluetooth.o
    can't be used with the bluez protocol stack.

I got an error message after applying the latest bluez kernel patch too. Therefore I build
    the modules from the original WL-HDD GPL v1.1.2.6 and until now my applications using
    the bluez protocol stack are running fine. The only problem I recognize is that the WL-HDD
    does not recognize the USB Bluetooth dongle (Acer BT 600) at all. I don't know what the
    problem is, but I realized that this situation only happens after 10 minutes the WL-HDD is
    running and when the device is warm. I assume it's an hardware problem.

Dex
    Last edited by Dex; 09-12-2004 at 00:16.

Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    I think I'll create a wiki page for the tutorial because this is an interesting project.
    That would be a terrific contribution, thanks in advance.

Bluez drivers compilation: done and PAN working!

First post edited. Is it possible to change the title in today posts?
    Last edited by hugo; 10-12-2004 at 20:27.

Hugo, tarball means something produced with tar, not with rar. Your attachments looks like a rarball.

Hum, it was a tarball until I realised the upload limit was set to 1 Meg

Sorry, my release contains in the bin folder curl and l2send from dex binary. They can be removed if you just need bluez, as they are not a reult from my compilation.

Thumbs up

@hugo
    thx for your answer in the other thread. i think its better to go ahead in this one...

did you already working on a readme for the wiki?
    or can you give me just a small tutorial how i have to install the BlueZ stack on my wl500g(fw:1.9.2.7-3b) ?! that will be very nice. thx a lot...
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Sorry xelephant, I don't have much time tonight

Here is the script I use to set up pan:

Code:
    insmod /tmp/hd/conf/lib/bluez.o
    insmod /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/lib/modules/hci_usb.o
    insmod /tmp/hd/conf/lib/l2cap.o
    insmod /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/lib/modules/bnep.o
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/tmp/hd/conf/usr/lib'
    /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/sbin/sdpd
    /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/sbin/hcid
    /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/bin/sdptool add NAP
    /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/bin/sdptool add DUN
    /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/bin/pand --listen --role NAP
    /tmp/hd/bluetooth/result/sbin/hciconfig hci0 up
    Please set export line to your lib path (the one for bluetooth in my tarball) and all other line to your path to this files.

You can then take your PPC and go to network settings to set up an ip adress for your PPC. Use 10.0.0.2 and netmask 255.0.0.0 and 10.0.0.1 as gateway and dns server.create a bluetooth network. Once connected, use ifconfig pan0 10.0.0.1 and test pinging 10.0.0.2

Please check using ifconfig the name pan0 as I'm not sure and not enough time to check.

You can make this automatic, using some files, and I'll post more about this later on.

For automatic step ifconfig and all, create a file
    /tmp/etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up

with the following code:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    ifconfig $1 10.0.0.1

Don't forget to set up bluetooth IP adress on pocket pc using settings -network-bluetooth pan driver

hi hugo,

thx for the answer and help. sorry that i reply so late, but time is rare .

i tried so you describe above but i think it is not working. see yourself:

[root@myrouter bluetooth]$ ./bluez
    No devices in HCI mode found
    Using /tmp/harddisk/bluetooth/result/lib/modules/bluez.o
    Using /tmp/harddisk/bluetooth/result/lib/modules/hci_usb.o
    Using /tmp/harddisk/bluetooth/result/lib/modules/l2cap.o
    Using /tmp/harddisk/bluetooth/result/lib/modules/bnep.o
    NAP service registered
    interface bnep0 does not exist!
    i 'm not a linux genius, but i think i have to setup the interface bnpe0 right(how?)? furthermore i think bluez didn't find my bt stick, because of "no devices in hci...". but i think my device (MSI pc2pc MS-6967) must be supportet. it was running well with suse linux 9.1 and bluez stack.

if i try to send a file to the router, my ppc found it but i can't send any files.
    do i have to send up the profiles (e.g. pan, pim etc ?)

thx for your help...
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500

the router interface tells me the following:
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BlueZ Core ver 2.2 Copyright (C) 2000,2001 Qualcomm Inc
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: Written 2000,2001 by Maxim Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BlueZ HCI USB driver ver 2.1 Copyright (C) 2000,2001 Qualcomm Inc
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: Written 2000,2001 by Maxim Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: usb.c: registered new driver hci_usb
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BlueZ L2CAP ver 2.1 Copyright (C) 2000,2001 Qualcomm Inc
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BNEP: BNEP2 ver 1.0
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BNEP: Copyright (C) 2002 Inventel
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BNEP: Written 2001,2002 by
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BNEP: ^IClement Moreau <clement.moreau@inventel.fr> David Libault <david.libault@inventel.fr>
    Mar 14 15:52:56 kernel: BNEP: Copyright (C) 2002 Maxim Krasnyanskiy <maxk@qualcomm.com>
    Mar 14 15:52:57 sdpd[165]: Bluetooth SDP daemon
    Mar 14 15:52:57 hcid[167]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
    Mar 14 15:52:57 hcid[167]: Can not open /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
    Mar 14 15:52:57 hcid[167]: Config load failed
    Mar 14 15:52:57 hcid[167]: Can't open PIN file /etc/bluetooth/pin. No such file or directory(2)
    Mar 14 15:52:57 pand[170]: Bluetooth PAN daemon
    Mar 14 15:52:57 hcid[167]: HCI dev 0 up
    do i have to copy the etc files to the root/etc/bluetooth folder?
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500

Don't worry for the HCI not found, this is a special trick to make my Dlink work, as it boot up in HID mode.

You can even remove this line.

Your problem is in the syslog: the hcid.conf config file must exist in /etc/bluetooth

It should then run fine. The bnep0 interface is created when you connect using your BT device. It won't exist before that. But the error you get is because the hcid is not running.

After the initial connection, the ppp script is readen to set up the ip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast