Thread: HOWTO: Format/mount a existing/new harddrive if you wish to upgrade or had an issue

Unhappy HOWTO: Format/Mount Existing/New HardDrive (Upgrade/had an Issue/just cleaning-up)

I have tons of issues after updating to 2.0.xx firmware and one of which that is kindoff leaves me blank is that my primary data partition on the HDD is not mounted... i discovered this after upgrading to kfurge's 1.0.7.8 firmware, the mldonky is not starting up...

WARNING: Directory /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/.mldonkey is full, MLDonkey shuts down

so i checked...

[root@(none) MYSHARE1]$ df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    rootfs 67.1M 67.1M 0 100% /
    /dev/root 1.3M 1.3M 0 100% /mnt
    /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part2
    67.1M 67.1M 0 100% /

the ... /dev/se/2 mounted on /shares/MYVOLUME1 ... is missing!?!?

i have already reset the router a couple of times and refrashed it and its still the same..

and so i wonder if theres anything i can do to mount this manually? is this proper in the first place.. is there any internal format or hd prep tools inside this box that i didnt know?

or is there any documentations out there on how to backup and upgrade the harddrive and all...

thanks for all the help!
    exbliss
    Last edited by exbliss; 26-01-2008 at 04:46.

Wink

i did my homework and took crash course on unix 101 and... eureka! it turns outs i just had corrupted partition table.. so i just fixed with fdisk and rebooted a couple of times after reconfiguring stuff... and walla! everything is perfect! Thanks kfurge!

Quote Originally Posted by exbliss View Post
    i did my homework and took crash course on unix 101 and... eureka! it turns outs i just had corrupted partition table.. so i just fixed with fdisk and rebooted a couple of times after reconfiguring stuff... and walla! everything is perfect! Thanks kfurge!
    Can you please expand on what your did to fix the corrupt partition table?
    There are a couple of us having the same problem in the Firmware forum.

Thanks,
    Rob