Thread: Can't access MyShare1

Can't access MyShare1

hi,

I have a problem accessing my Wl-700gE, I can access it with \\192.168.1.1. it shows 3 shares, 2 that I made myself, these can by accessed. and the default myshare1, witch contains most of the data, but i can't access it. i've tried my old passwords, the admin, admin password. i also put my Pc in the same workgroup as the router, but non of that works. when I FTP to the router with no password, I get the other 2 shares, but not the MyShare1.
    I tried flashing the firmware (1.0.7.8), but that didn't work. I also tried the failsafe return to asus firmware, but that didn't help either.
    does anyone has any idea of how to access the router?

by the way, I can't access the web configuration, I don't know why, but it doesn't work. The personal pages are shown (http://192.168.1.1:8081)

Thank you

do you have pressed the reset button for 5-10 seconds?

grat182

Just a guess

Hi,

When I try to access that one, it's called MYSHARE1 (in capitals). Don't know if that's vital. Then it asks for my password. My login name for the web interface is marc, and that one plus my own password is enough to get in MYSHARE1.
    Maybe you could also try root as user.

Marc

Fixed!

Hi guys,

thnx for helping me, put the problem is fixed.
    I was about to send it back to ASUS but it seems to work again.
    I tried every firmware flash approach found on this forum but no one worked. I Thought, I’m just going to try it one last time. And apparently that was all it needed.

Thanks anyway!

Jeroen