Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Master

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Download Master 1.1.0.8 - Folder option

Hi, I am using ASUS 1.9.7.2 with DM 1.1.0.8. Samba is enabled but FTP is not. All seems to be working well, except that when I click "Folder" in DM I get error message "The page cannot be displayed". What am I missing here ?

I am sharing through Samba the share folder only, with r/w capability for any guest.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Moody Blue View Post
    Hi, I am using ASUS 1.9.7.2 with DM 1.1.0.8. Samba is enabled but FTP is not. All seems to be working well, except that when I click "Folder" in DM I get error message "The page cannot be displayed". What am I missing here ?

I am sharing through Samba the share folder only, with r/w capability for any guest.
    Iv the same problem. I think that IE7 is behind (resp. not correct DM working with).

Invalid Directory?

I have had the same problem for the last couple of months: "The page cannot be displayed". (firmware 1.9.7.6, ASUS WL-500W) Today I had to realize the simplicity of this fault in my system...

Once, when my download manager (DM) was working properly, I must have changed deep down into one of the subdirectories on my harddisk and then left the DM. Later I must have deleted this same subdirectory e.g. in the explorer.

Now the Internet Explorer 7 in the DM window was practically off road. It was trying to display a page that did not exist.

After using the "parent directory" button a couple of times I found myself in an existing folder and lived happily ever after.

I hope this helps... well according to the dates of your posts, I guess you've solved it already, in case that your error message has had an as straight forward answer.

All the best!
    /Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Moody Blue View Post

But can you download torrents??? I can't and I'm using the same firmware and software versions. http downloads work great. ftp I hanven't tried it yet.
    Best regards,

bbetoo

Download Master problem

Hi,
    Last few days I'm trying to use DM and still no luck (My firmware version is 1.9.7.6, USB flashdrive 512MB.) I found in logs some (I hope helpfull information) - cannot create swap file because of flash is too small and without swap you cannot use DM. It's really strange. Does anyone experienced the problem? Do I need to get bigger USB flash to use DM?

Thanks, pawelo

The logs:
    Jan 1 01:00:24 USB storage: vfat fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk/part0
    Jan 1 01:00:24 USB storage: The swap file is not added for partition size is less than 1024MB
    Jan 1 01:00:24 FTP server: daemon is started
    Jan 1 01:00:26 Samba server: daemon is started
    Jan 1 01:00:26 Media Server: daemon is not started for no swap file
    Jan 1 01:00:26 Download Master: daemon is not started for no swap file
    Pawelo

Download Master Problem

Hi Pawelo

I had similar and here's how I got round it :

- Upgrade to 1.9.8.2 firmware

This seems to stop the complaining about the swap file.

- Upgrade to 3.0.8.0 Utility software

Required to work with 1.9.8.2 firmware.

Then I had the problem of DM not being to find the router although the quick setup software did. After taking a packet trace I found that DM was only taking the the last network card entry in the registry for me that was my VMware virtual interfaces so I set these to disabled, it then took the wireless interface so i disabled that and finally it took the LAN interface at which point it found and connected to the router.

Afterwards it seems ok to turn them back on if required and DM still works,it must keep note of last used interface somewhere.

Also remember to configure the DM in the GUI.

Let me know how you get on.

psylockex
    My Kit :
    Asus Wl-500w 1.9.8.2 & WL500gd 1.9.4.6 ( WPA-PSK, WDS, Samba, DM, FTP, Epson PhotoStylus RX620 )
    Samsung X30 Centrino 1.7, 1Gb, 60Gb, 2200BG - Fujitsu 7010S 1.6, 1Gb, 60Gb, 2200BG - Cisco Cat 4003 - Network Appliance NAS/SAN F270 2TB

Hi,
    I finally solved the problem just 1-2 weeks after I experienced it - I'd bought exterlnal 200GB harddrive on USB So ASUS software no more reporting 'cannot create swap' and DM finds swap file and works. Since then I also upgraded firmware (as you did) and hopefully still works

Thanks,
    Pawelo
    Pawelo

Asus WL 500gP - download master on vista?

Hi ppl!

Can anyone put download master working on vista?

thank you

9. Yes, I am.
    Vista bussiness. F-secure IS.
    I think, that you have typical problem.
    If you want to make a connection, you must have only one network active.
    No wifi+lan+BT+VPN...
    Only wifi or lan. AND open ports 1213 & 9999.
    FW1970

Quote Originally Posted by mumie View Post
    Yes, I am.
    Vista bussiness. F-secure IS.
    I think, that you have typical problem.
    If you want to make a connection, you must have only one network active.
    No wifi+lan+BT+VPN...
    Only wifi or lan. AND open ports 1213 & 9999.
    FW1970
    I have a wan modem connected to my router. And I connect to it vi wifi.

Still can't work with it...

Using Download Master from Linux?

Hi,

I'd like to use my WL500g's native download-master functionality. However, I'm using Linux on my PC. Does anyone know if any of the following exists?
    • Linux version of Download-master client program
    • Any other way to enter URL's or Torrents into the download-master cue?

If not, then can someone tell me how hard installing a alternative firmware is going to be...

Thanks in advance

Sylvain

If your using Linux, then there is no objection to you to put the oleg firmware to your router

After you got yourself a minilinux pc :P
    Just go to the SCTCS thread for the torrent download

Download Master problem, please help

I've got new asus router wl-500g Premium.And I have one big problem with it. Download Master can't get won't, it always says : "Device Not Found No device was found! Please check your network connection and try again"

On the other hand this is my System Log :
    "
    Jan 1 01:00:08 dhcp client: deconfig: lease is lost
    Jan 1 01:00:10 dhcp client: bound IP : 87.250.38.122 from 87.250.38.254
    May 18 20:31:52 ntp client: time is synchronized to time.nist.gov
    May 18 20:31:53 USB storage: vfat fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk/part0
    May 18 20:34:27 USB storage: 32760k swap file is added
    May 18 20:34:27 FTP server: daemon is started
    May 18 20:34:29 Samba server: daemon is started
    May 18 20:34:32 Download Master: daemon is started"
    Since Download Master is started, and I can access the flash disk via \\192.168.1.1 and ftp://192.168.1.1 I assume that it is no problem with the flash disk. Here is what it says about my USB disk : "
    [USB Upper port]
    Vendor: KINGMAX Model: USB2.0 Flashdisk
    Partition 1: size: 982.0, free: 949.8"
    On this disk is folder part0 and in it two folders etc, and share. In share folder there are Download, Music, Photo and Video folder all created by the router. In Download folder there are following folders : .logs, Complete, config, InComplete.

Can someone please help me, by telling me how to fix download master.

Router came with 1.9.7.4 firmware, but I downgrade it to 1.9.7.0 becouse i need bandwidth management from this (1.9.7.0) firmware. Anyway I was getting same message with new (1.9.7.4) firmware.

Thank you so much for your help.

I have resolved this problem, but I still have lots of others, and considering to go to Oleg's firmware, so I have some questions about it :

1. Can I still keep web interface, ot it's command line only?
    2. Is it possible to have bandwidth management on web interface? Something like using official firmware.
    3. How can I download torrent files using Oleg's firmware?
    4. Is it possible to go back to asus firmware from Oleg's?

TNX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marco82 View Post
    I have resolved this problem, but I still have lots of others, and considering to go to Oleg's firmware, so I have some questions about it :

1. Can I still keep web interface, ot it's command line only?
    2. Is it possible to have bandwidth management on web interface? Something like using official firmware.
    3. How can I download torrent files using Oleg's firmware?
    4. Is it possible to go back to asus firmware from Oleg's?

TNX!!!
    1. Yes,
    2. Yes,
    3. Yes, transmission, ctorrent, etc..
    4. Yes,

Web interface in Oleg's firmware is beter than official firmware so don't wory, upgrade it now !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast