Thread: Compilation problems..

Compilation problems..

In the process of tryin pureftp FTP server and it looks like some options were missing but could be enabled via options during the compile. So I thought I'd try recompiling it on the White Box.

I have buildroot installed. I executed the following statements to get, extract and build make files:
    Code:
    wget http://download.pureftpd.org/pub/pure-ftpd/releases/pure-ftpd-1.0.21.tar.bz2
    bunzip2 pure-ftpd-1.0.21.tar.bz2
    tar -xf tpure-ftpd-1.0.21.tar
    cd pure-ftpd-1.0.21
    ./configure
    This starts the process, and it seems to go well until it errors out. The error is from config.status, which is a script the configure script builds to create the make files.

To make the config.status script work needed to edit the first line and replace /bin/sh with /opt/bin/bash. After executing config.status all the make files were created.

Now tried to run the make files. This appears to work until it tries to compile a file. Then I receive the following error:

Code:
    source='puredb_read.c' object='puredb_read.o' libtool=no \
            DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/sh ../../depcomp \
            gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..   -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DCONFDIR=\"/etc\"                                                     -g -O2 -c puredb_read.c
    no closing `
    make[3]: *** [puredb_read.o] Error 255

The error says no closing `. If I cut the gcc statement and execute it works fine.

Any thoughts? Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,

X

Chances are another script within the build environment is also using "/bin/sh" as the shell but, like "configure", it relies on the richness of bash to execute properly.

Sometimes the configure script can take an argument to set the shell, sometimes not. If not then it's a manual operation to fix.

- K.C.

Yepp, that was it. I had replaced one in the config.status, but there were 4 more .

Thx for the reply.

On another topic, did you get anywhere with the runwebhooks command?

Regards,

X

Quote Originally Posted by xmeister View Post
    On another topic, did you get anywhere with the runwebhooks command?
    Not yet. I'm still working on a basic 1.0.7.8 based image. I've got everything compiling now as a normal user, which was some work. Apparently the developers do everything as root...

Once I have a workable 1.0.7.8 image in the same shape as my current 1.0.4.6 one, then the real fun begins.

- K.C.

Sorry for off-topic, but I could not resist :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    I'm still working on a basic 1.0.7.8 based image.
    Once I have a workable 1.0.7.8 image in the same shape as my current 1.0.4.6 one, then the real fun begins.
    Any chance you will enable multicast support in the "basic" image?
    I am extremely satisfied with my (your :-) + several thinks like syslog-ng, fail2ban, logrotate, etc.) configuration so that multicast is actually the only thing that could make me update eve though I would have to configure everything again from scratch.

Thanks in advance.