Thread: Router looses connectivity

Question Router looses connectivity

At first, I thought this was "WAN dies" kind of a problem, but now I don't think that anymore. I run in Home Gateway mode and my router is wired to my ISPs cable box. My PC connects wireless and things go quite well as long as network activity is not high. When it is, after maximum of few hours, but usually after about an hour or so, the network connection is gone. By that, I mean my PC is still connected to the router wirelessly and checking the "Status" in the routers config, it still shows IP and all the other info, but no websites or any other outside-world attempts function. Only two things I can do is either do a manual "Disconnect" then "Connect" in the "Status" window, or unplug the router from the AC power and plug it back in. And this happens withouth exception. What's more, I also purchased the exact same router for my parents and it happens there as well, same thing (I just tested once again). I've upgraded my routers firmware several times (currently running on 1.9.2.7-6b), while my parents router is on factory defaults running 1.8.1.9.

I tried searching and browsing the forums here and failed to find relevant posts. My apologies if I posted double, but this really bugs me in the periods where I have a lot of traffic, specially if I'm away and need to connect back home.

Thanks

Yes, you are suffering from the 'WAN dies' issues. The manual disconnect and connect action is still the only simple way to reconnect your router to the WAN interface (modem).