Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: nzbget - binary newsgrabber

Hello,
    I'm not able to compile nzbget under Linux
    I get the following errors:
    Code:
    ParChecker.o: In function `slot_rep':
    /usr/include/sigc++-2.0/sigc++/functors/slot_base.h:84: undefined reference to `sigc::trackable::trackable()'
    ParChecker.o: In function `slot1<sigc::bound_mem_functor1<void, ParChecker, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >':
    /usr/include/sigc++-2.0/sigc++/functors/slot.h:526: undefined reference to `sigc::slot_base::slot_base(sigc::internal::slot_rep*)'
    ParChecker.o: In function `sigc::signal1<void, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, sigc::nil>::connect(sigc::slot<void, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, sigc::nil, sigc::nil, sigc::nil, sigc::nil, sigc::nil, sigc::nil> const&)':
    /usr/include/sigc++-2.0/sigc++/signal.h:1799: undefined reference to `sigc::signal_base::connect(sigc::slot_base const&)'
    ParChecker.o: In function `~slot1':
    /usr/include/sigc++-2.0/sigc++/functors/slot.h:495: undefined reference to `sigc::slot_base::~slot_base()'
    /usr/include/sigc++-2.0/sigc++/functors/slot.h:495: undefined reference to `sigc::slot_base::~slot_base()'
    ParChecker.o: In function `slot_rep':
    /usr/include/sigc++-2.0/sigc++/functors/slot_base.h:84: undefined reference to `sigc::trackable::trackable()'
    /usr/lib/libpar2.so: undefined reference to `sigc::slot_base::slot_base()'
    /usr/lib/libpar2.so: undefined reference to `sigc::slot_base::~slot_base()'
    /usr/lib/libpar2.so: undefined reference to `sigc::internal::signal_impl::sweep()'
    /usr/lib/libpar2.so: undefined reference to `sigc::signal_base::~signal_base()'
    /usr/lib/libpar2.so: undefined reference to `sigc::signal_base::signal_base()'
    /usr/lib/libpar2.so: undefined reference to `sigc::slot_base::slot_base(sigc::slot_base const&)'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [nzbget] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/innersoul/Desktop/nzbget-0.3.1'
    make: *** [all] Fehler 2
    I'm pretty sure all requirements are installed, configure went fine, but i'm stuck at "make".
    google wasn't my friend on this one. any idea?

jajaja
    Since, this thread is mainly for discussion of nzbget on optware, I moved your question to forum on SourceForge. Please see my answer there, you can post anonymously if you do not have a SF-account and do not want one.

nzbget-0.4.0 and nzbgetweb-1.0 released

nzbget-0.4.0 and nzbgetweb-1.0 released

The most important improvement in the new version of NZBGet is the added support for XML-RPC or JSON-RPC. Based on these protocols a web-interface was developed - NZBGetWeb. It is a separate application written in PHP, which can be installed on any web-server with PHP-support.

Other changes in NZBGet: support for UU-format in internal decoder; better handling of communication errors and bad articles; redirection of output from post-process-scripts to server’s log; displaying of accurate progress-information during par-check/repair (in web-interface); other small improvements and bug fixes.

Full ChangeLog.

----------------------------

To update from previous version:
    Code:
    ipkg update
    ipkg upgrade nzbget
    I recommend to use the updated nzbget.conf.example file. It contains new options. If you decide to keep your old config you need to change the option "decoder=yEnc" to "decode=yes".

----------------------------

About installing of web-interface.
    NZBGetWeb is a PHP-application. It must be installed separately (package "nzbget" in repository does not include it).
    You need to download it from NZBGet home-page, unpack to router, configure NZBGetWeb (please read README) and your web-server.

I use php-thttpd, but it has its own issues (for example due a bug in thttpd the uploading of nzb-files does not work). You may decide to use other server.

For hints on how to install web-interface on lighttpd please refer to this thread from DrChain where he explains how to install ZussaWeb for HellaNzb. The installation of NZBGetWeb is very same (in fact NZBGetWeb is based on ZussaWeb). You should skip a part about fixing of a bug in "functions.php" as it is already fixed in NZBGetWeb.

Error starting NZBget

Hi,

just updated NZBget using the procedure above.
    I changed the decode parameter, but after starting I get:
    " for option "CreateBrokenLog"

Any suggestions?

Is it exactly the text you get? It looks strange. Can you please post a screenshot?

It also makes sense to check the option "CreateBrokenLog" in config-file.

Thumbs up Solved

Hi,

I seems the old config file was broken. I used the one packaged with the latest version and I've got it running.
    Sorry for the panic

Jeroen

Connections

Hi,

I'am a very satisfied user of NZbget and i'm recently have done the upgrade to the latest version.
    Is still find it a bit strange that when I do a download through nzbget I can download with approx 390 / 400 Kb's . And when I do the exact download on a Windows machine I received a throughput a 750/800 kb's. What can seems to be the problem here. I've checked all kinds of settings within the Nzbget.conf, but nothing seems the speed up my connection. Does anyone might have a suggestion??

Kinds regards

Allochtheun

Hi, lurker returns.

I've been playing with Hellanzb for a while and then to SABnzbd and to be honest SAB was fine for me when I was on 4mbit connection with my Linkstation, although obviously slow for PAR/RAR operations. Now I finally got upgraded to 10mbit and the Linkstation struggles to max out the 10mbit connection, so I am looking at options.

Has anyone actually done any peformance comparisons with fast connections and the WL500 (or other NAS-like hardware) so we can see if NZBget does deliver a performance increase?

Meth

Hi Methanoid,

You'll remember me from the LinkStationwiki forum where I wrote up the guide to getting SABnzbd working on LinkStations.

I spent a few hours getting nzbget, nzbgetweb and postprocessing scripts working on my LinkStation Live.

nzbget is a *MUCH* better app than SAB for LinkStations. Particularly if you have a fast connection.

I have a 20mbit connection (16mbits/sec real throughput) and my LinkStations can barely manage 8mbits/sec.

nzbget maxes out my line with no trouble. Fantastic app, this. Well done!

Also, when downloading or par checking large files with SAB, the LinkStation would often crash overnight.
    I downloaded, par checked and unpacked a 27GB download with nzbget and it sailed through, using as little as 3% of the LinkStation Pro's RAM.

It's fairly easy to install nzbget -- ipkg install nzbget!
    Setting up lighttpd and nzbgetweb took a bit more effort, but not much.

Futzing with the post-processing scripts took longer.
    One major problem (hugbug?) is that nzbget on the LinkStation Pro doesn't appear to be setting the umask correctly.
    I ended up adding a line:
    Code:
    chmod -R 777 "$DownloadDir"
    to the end of a simple unrar script to fix this.
    However, this meant I couldn't use any of the sophisticated perl scripts around as I could not work out how to add a chmod command in perl -- any ideas on that?

I may write up a guide on the linkstationwiki forums if there's interest.

Cheers,

Neil.

Guide would be great... esp since my SABnzbd on Linkstation has been flaky with big files recently....

Its the Web interface thats the issue!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilt0 View Post
    One major problem (hugbug?) is that nzbget on the LinkStation Pro doesn't appear to be setting the umask correctly.
    Could you please describe the problem? There was a bug with umask, that prevented the setting of write-permissions for created directories to "group" and "others". It was fixed in Revision 178 of 0.4.1-testing. That version was not released yet, but is available from subversion-repository as source and also as binary package for few optware-platforms (see download page).

What optware-target is used on linkstation? I could try to build the binary for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hugbug View Post
    Could you please describe the problem? There was a bug with umask, that prevented the setting of write-permissions for created directories to "group" and "others". It was fixed in Revision 178 of 0.4.1-testing. That version was not released yet, but is available from subversion-repository as source and also as binary package for few optware-platforms (see download page).

What optware-target is used on linkstation? I could try to build the binary for you.
    If I set umask to 777 in nzbget.conf, directories created are not accessible from other machines.

LSPro feed: http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op.../cross/stable/

I've downloaded the 178 rev, will try out later.

Cheers!

EDIT: Upgraded to new version. UMask=0777 or UMask=777 still has same problem -- can't open directory of downloaded nzb in dst.
    Last edited by neilt0; 21-06-2008 at 06:59.

Quote Originally Posted by neilt0 View Post
    UMask=0777 or UMask=777 still has same problem -- can't open directory of downloaded nzb in dst.
    UMask uses different syntax in contrast to chmod.
    To give to all created directories and files full-permissions (except execute-permission for files, but you do not need it) - use "UMask=000". It will result in permissions 777 for directories and 666 for files.
    See UMask for more info.

Come on Neilt0, you've had several hours. Where is that guide??

Quote Originally Posted by hugbug View Post
    UMask uses different syntax in contrast to chmod.
    To give to all created directories and files full-permissions (except execute-permission for files, but you do not need it) - use "UMask=000". It will result in permissions 777 for directories and 666 for files.
    See UMask for more info.
    I'm trying 000 now and will report back.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast