Quote Originally Posted by pooz View Post
Hi,

I wonder why my HDD is frequently beeing accessed? The IDE LED showing up indicates, that there are a lot of HDD access (and you hear it very clear: an additional accessing-hdd-sound ontop of the regular spinnging sound) . Curiously it startet 2 days ago. I even didnīt change any settings.

I didnīt setup any kind of server, e.g. not FTP, no WWW, it is just for surfing via W-LAN

Since I didnīt get it managed, to spin down after no use after a while, I accepted the fact, that the drive is spinning the whole time. Ok, thats okey for now. But why are there a lot of HDD access?

Even I disabled the access of the router from WAN, I am now VERY afraid, that somebody maybe could have hacked into my router and is copying all my data

Or is there another reason?

I have the kfurge Firmware installed. Unfortunately this router is in use by my friend in another city (sheīs not familiar with computer-stuff), so I cant have direct access to it personally.

Please, I would be glad, If someone could help me out.

Thank you very much!
I'm having the same issue. A lot of HDD access, the ide led blinking constantly and the unit responding sluggishly. Its almost impossibly to access data but normal router usage is no problem. A soft reset does the trick, but of course this is awkward and not the way I want to use my brick.

Is anyone else having this problem and know of a solution?

Thank you.