Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pan/Tilt control on WebCam Logitech Sphere

Sorry the size of setpwc is only 6kb !

Hi Sandoval,

Now that you have the sphere working with tilt and Pan, is there any chance you could write a quick guide for a noob like me.

I have no unix experience.

I am able to view my Logitech Quickcam Sphere in 640x480 resolution with PWC 9.x driver.
    Hee, can u tell me how you did that ? i can't get my sphere to do 640x 480, i get errors.

alhough the pan/tilt works fine, whith setpwc, and Palantir.

to answer your question, yes you can put a usb hub & logitech spere & a usb stick on it at the same time, no probs. i even got it to work whitout a powered usb hub, but i wouuld advise you to take a powered version
    Kratjes kunnen nu ook voorin..

Firmware with pan/tilt

Hi,

has someone created a firmware that has pan/tilt support for logitech Sphere build in and that does export this feature in the http page for the camera
    ?
    I know there is a setpwc binary by Oleg and firmware with palantir build in- but I am pretty lazy and do lack the knowledge to modify the firmware plus I do not have any storage (Stick or hdd) attached to my WL-500g

Thank you

Which Webcam for security alert

Which webcam works fine for security alert motion ? I ever test Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 and Philips Toucam Fun (730) : I received a lot of mails even if no motion are detected.
    thanks

Hi

Search the forum about motion allert, i may have read this feature is not working very well with all sort of cams, and since we have no source of the camserver ... *dong* blame asus.

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

more informations ?

t just does not work well.
    We habe no source, so we cant track down the problem.
    Itґs up to you to mail asus about and request some information / update on it.

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Webcam Sphere

Hi,
    i have a Philips toucam pro II, and i use mvc to capture video and setup my personnal alarm system with asus wl500gx
    i want to buy a logitech sphere. could you confirm me it's possible to move this webcam with setpwc ?

thanks

Webcam sphere and Wl500gx

Hi,
    i have a Philips toucam pro II, and i use mvc to capture video and setup my personnal alarm system with asus wl500gx

i want to buy a logitech sphere. semebody can confirm me if it's possible to move this webcam with setpwc ?
    and use mvc to capture pictures in the same time ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mao44
    Hi,

i want to buy a logitech sphere. semebody can confirm me if it's possible to move this webcam with setpwc ?
    and use mvc to capture pictures in the same time ?

thanks
    I dont know, since i have none. But Look in the "palantir" threads by using search, there was something about, related to mooving the cam with the palantir inbuild pan-tilt controll.

Greets

Hi, Wlanman

Palantir is a package ?
    because now, i use mvc to keep pictures from my webcam, it works perfectly !
    i can manage my personal alarm system from the web, send email; images by ftp, play sounds in local mode, ...
    and i would to keep this software
    i just want if i can use setpwc to move the logitech sphere webcam

Thanks

Hi,

i've bought yesterday a logitech sphere to test myself, and ...
    it fails !
    it's not possible to switch only the Philips Toucam pro 2 by the logitech sphere.
    i use pwc 9.02 driver

mvc doesn't work with this webcam.
    setpwc say me he can't find information into /dev/video (same error with palantir)

palantir is use only for video stream i think, and now, with my system, i use the webcam as alarm system with capture mode when somebody stay in front of the camera

if somebody has mor information about palantir configuration and sphere webcam, i'm interesting ...

for the moment, i've returned this webcam (deal with the sailor ! thanks !)

Hi,

i've bought yesterday a logitech sphere to test myself, and ...
    it fails !
    it's not possible to switch only the Philips Toucam pro 2 by the logitech sphere.
    i use pwc 9.02 driver

mvc doesn't work with this webcam.
    setpwc say me he can't find information into /dev/video (same error with palantir)

palantir is use only for video stream i think, and now, with my system, i use the webcam as alarm system with capture mode when somebody stay in front of the camera

if somebody has mor information about palantir configuration and sphere webcam, i'm interesting ...

for the moment, i've returned this webcam (deal with the sailor ! thanks !)

Record video from the Webcam

Hello,
    After had reading post on this subject, I understand I need to install Palantir but how? Is there a package for it ?
    Thank you for your help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast