Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pan/Tilt control on WebCam Logitech Sphere

Thumbs up Pan/Tilt control on WebCam Logitech Sphere

Hi,

I do not have an 500g either a logitech sphere webcam, but if it is possible to connect the Sphere to the 500g (which is as I learned from your forum) AND there is a way to control the pan/tilt from within a custom webpage on the 500g I will buy both tomorrow .

So is anybody running such a setup?

Thank you and regards

Hi

The Camera will run out of the Box.
    To use pan and tilt, i suggest you compile "Palatir" for the WL500g which has streaming video services avaliable over a linux, windows or java binarys which can controll pan and tilt of this cam.
    I have no Spehre, but wanted Palantir on the 500g. Lazyness has stoped me from this at the moment, if you are a bit experienced with linux, i think you can do it yourself.

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Hey!

Has anyone news about the pan/tilt control of the logitech sphere webcam?

Today I got my wl-500g and my logitech sphere webcam work, and visable via the internet. It would be great if I could control the pan/tilt function via my LAN!

Anyone??

Thanks!

setpwc and webcam recording software problems

I can use the pan/tilt features of my Quickcam Sphere with setpwc, but I can't
    use setpwc & webcam recording at the same time. ( Device busy ) In setpwc website, there is a tip to use sysfs, but it's in kernel 2.6. How can I use setpwc & other software to access webcam at the same time ?

ps. I have palantir, but what I want is recording , not streaming.

Thanks very much.

I have a sphere and a 500g, if someone can write me a tutorial.. Im willing to test it.
    Last edited by sandoval; 05-06-2005 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by sandoval
    I have a sphere and a 500g, if someone can write me a tutorial.. Im willing to test it.
    Hey, that is cool.
    Do you habe Palantir installed ?
    You should only need to follow the instruktions in this thread and get a picture allready. Then you have to modify the configuration file to enable the pan/tilt mode for the sphere. Try to look at the Palantir website for some information regarding this, if you stick somewhere ask here.

To edit the file, use the "Vi" editor
    Vi is an editor. If you want to start typing into the file, press the 'i' key (=insert) on the location where you want to add stuff. If you're done typing press the <ESC> button to get back to command mode. To save your work, type :w. To exit vi, type :q. To exit without saving, type :q!.
    You may look into google to get some more instructions/howto about it in your language.

Im verry interrested on a sphere myself if this works .

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Well I installed the palantir-mips.zip but when i try to run it, it returns an error.

(filedir...)palantir.conf not found
    So im kinda stuck on that...

P.s. i have a 500gx, with 1.9.2.7-5a firmware..

Oke, got it running now... I'm getting a picture on port 3000. and streaming video using palantir winclient. xyz coord are not responding

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I compile palantir? I have the latest version 2.5.5 but i can't get it to compile for mips...

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I compile palantir? I have the latest version 2.5.5 but i can't get it to compile for mips...
    Hi

You should´nt need to, since my one is the recent version, the next one which should be released in the near future will be here aswell of course.
    But if you want to try:
    - Install the Asus toolchain
    - Download Palantir und libjpeg
    - compile libjpeg with the mipsel toolchain, as desribed here and there in the forum
    - compile palantir, do some small tweaks in the makefile so that is works and the jpeg lib gets staticaly linked into the palantir binary.

Oke, got it running now... I'm getting a picture on port 3000. and streaming video using palantir winclient. xyz coord are not responding
    If you get a picture with the client, all you need is to activate sphere pan and tilt stuff in the palantir.conf
    Look In the FAQ, you must insert these two blocks at the very end of the config file.

What was the problem with conf file not found mentioned before, wasn´t it in the right place after decompression ?

Greets

Sweet, it works like a charm!!

Thx mighty one

About the file:
    I was in the right place, but the file got screwed in ftp transport. Took me some time to figure that out. So problem was my fault totaly..

Sweet, it works like a charm!!
    Hi
    That is cool, i think i buy one myself. What did you payed for ?

Is the cam centered and stays so ?
    As i read, the orbit has no feedback about the servo position so it doesnt know where the eye position is. This may lead to inacurate positioning after some time, do you experienced this ?

Greets

Webcam security e-mail feature

There are 3 options for setting the sense level of the webcam for detecting motion. Low - Medium - High.

When i put the sense at High, i keep receiving e-mails, every second. Even when there is nothing moving in front of the cam.

When i put it at medium i receive nothing at all, even if i stand in front of it and wave.

Is there a solution for this.

Using the Philips webcam Vesta Pro / Asus WL-500G / Asus 1.9.4.0 firm.
    Last edited by carl; 08-06-2005 at 11:21.
    Asus WL-500g - Philips Vesta Pro -

Should this problem be the Philips Vesta Pro Camera, or would it be the firmware/hardware in the Asus WL-500G ??

Anyone had this problem before ?

Thanks for your replies !
    Asus WL-500g - Philips Vesta Pro -

Install SETPWC for Pan tilt Webcams

Sorry i am new to the scene. I installed Oleg's latest formware. I am able to view my Logitech Quickcam Sphere in 640x480 resolution with PWC 9.x driver.

I don' want to add very much more software to the Wl500g just the SETPWC ( (clould be around 100kbytes) command which has pan and tilt setting function.

Is it possible to have this binary "setpwc" copied or installed (or loaded) on the wl500g internal flash ???

If not, than how can i connect the webcam and an USB stick (with setpwc) at the same time ?

Is it possible to mount a network drive and run the program from there ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast