Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Access to WEBcam from internet

Reconnect?? no changes all the same error!!!

Check if you have OV511 driver selected in web config. The green LED on the webcam must be permanently shining in case the webcam is properly initialized. Usually it does not work after the warm reboot (the LED just flashes and stay blank). In most cases you can make the camera working if you disconnect it and plug it again while the router is still in operation.

Unhappy

yes the driver is correct, the led is always on not flashes, and still cant connetc to server said the error msg.....i tried several times disconnect the webcam but apears always the same error

OK. It seems you don't have the web browser security set in accordance to router's manual. Check the browser settings (ActiveX controls and plug-ins section).

ToUcam II same problem as Webcam Creative 3

My Philips ToUcam II (pcvc820) is having same problems as the Webcam Creative 3; getting 'couldn't connect to server'

Whats wrong?

I have a Creative PC-Cam 300 and gives me the same error.

cannot connect to server

I get the same problem with a trust Spcam 300S. Nothing seems to allow it to work

Quote Originally Posted by diclidophora
    I get the same problem with a trust Spcam 300S. Nothing seems to allow it to work
    did you read the user manual too ?

how to set it up... and how to set up your browser to be able too access it?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    ok.. my problem is half solved and identified, CR2 is using PWC8.6 for a strange unknown reason. updated them manually with pwc8.8 now my cam works after starting manually webcamserver

also i am able to stream from the internet, the thing you have to do is put your websetup at port 80
    be sure you visit your IP address and NOT your dns so it should look like this:
    http://212.41.88.100/ be sure it does not look like http://212.41.88.100:80/ then it doesn't work anymore..

this behaviour is due to an error in the webcam asp page (Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp)
    Antiloop - so you have your webcam working? I don't understand what you mean by put your websetup at port 80. Where do I set this?

All I get from the web side is still just a black box and no image, but perfect from the LAN side.
    I have done all the IE changes listed in the manual. Firmware is 1.7.5.9-5 (need that because of Bigpond connection)

Looking forward to your help.
    Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Horse
    Antiloop - so you have your webcam working? I don't understand what you mean by put your websetup at port 80. Where do I set this?

All I get from the web side is still just a black box and no image, but perfect from the LAN side.
    I have done all the IE changes listed in the manual. Firmware is 1.7.5.9-5 (need that because of Bigpond connection)

Looking forward to your help.
    Horse
    test with 1.8.x.x for referencing please, i'm no longer using 1.7.x.x based

by putting websetup at port 80 I meant putting it at port 80 ? thus not at port 8080 as default

It had something to do with it in a certain version, dunno whatfor anymore

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Question Access Webcam from the Internet

I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000 connected to my ASUS wl500g running ASUS Firmware version 1.9.2.7.

Everything related to the webcam functionality is set up right.

Webcam is available from LAN as streaming video in color (activex).

However, from the internet, using the same PC / Client, I get a black videoimage and the errormessage "Cannot connect to server". If I press the option "refresh" I get still pictures from the webcam that refreshes every 3 seconds, but only in black/white and not streaming video.

I have read through this forum and found a lot of threads about it - some related to the problems described above, but no solutions :-((.

Does anyone actually succeeded in setting up a webcam with the WL500g where the activex thing works (in color) from the internet ??

Or does one of you experts here know what I might try to get this working?

Martin

Search for Palantir.

Question Source of router connected webcam

I´m running a webcam on my router. Now I try to monitor the surveillance from a computer that is connected to the router. On that computer I have a clear streaming video in my internet explorer. After that I installed a motion detection software but what is the source of the camera.
    What settings are needed to watch the streaming video in the motion detection software?
    Any suggestions?

As of what I understood from your message (and baring the routers doc in mind), the camera is attached to the router using USB. Your browser uses a small piece of software (automatically transferred by the router) that displays the picture using Active-X-Control. Alternatively it displays the picture as a normal JPG-file.

If you now install a piece of software (your motion detection stuff) on your computer, that software requires to "talk" directly to a camera. But your camera is NOT attached to your computer but to the router. AFAIK "transparent" handling of the routers USB-port towards you computer is not in any way implemented (and I don´t think it will ever become).

Thus you quite likely will not have any success at all, except of course, connecting the camera directly to your computer rather than to the router.

But if your motion detection software either has a built in webserver or communicates with a webserver you may setup a transparent routing of WAN-port 80 to port 80 of your computer (supposedly port 80 of your computer is the webserver listening to). That of course requires to have the camera attached to your computer!

Hopefully I got the right point. Good luck!

Webcam on the internet "Help wanted"

Hello everyone,

Today i bought my Asus WL-500G router, and its working fine. I also connected a Philips webcam (vesta pro) that is also working fine in the preview section of the asus router.

How can i make it visible on the internet so i can view the cam from an other location. I am a newbie in this..

I suppose i have to be in:
    -NAT Setting > Virtual Server > Choose HTTP

Port range Local IP Local Port Protocol Protocol No. Description
    80 ?? 7776 ? TCP ???? HTTP Server (80)

What Url do i use to visit my webcam from another computer ??

I searched the forums here, and the asus manual but i can't seem to find the answer..

I am using firmware 1.9.4.0

Thanks for your replies
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by carl; 06-06-2005 at 22:09.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast