Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Access to WEBcam from internet

Question Access to WEBcam from internet

Trying to get access to my web camera connected to the USB-port on my wl-500g from internet

The manual does not say much about how to set up this. I want to access the camera without using any logon to the router. The camera is a Locitech QuickCam 4000 Pro, and works on my internal network (but I still have to log on the router). So my question is as follows:

* How to set up the router so it is possible to reach it from internet
    * The access to the camera should not need any logon (or at least an account different from Admin)
    * The syntac of the address to type when I'm on a computer on internet

Re: Access to WEBcam from internet

Originally posted by perms
    Trying to get access to my web camera connected to the USB-port on my wl-500g from internet

The manual does not say much about how to set up this. I want to access the camera without using any logon to the router. The camera is a Locitech QuickCam 4000 Pro, and works on my internal network (but I still have to log on the router). So my question is as follows:

* How to set up the router so it is possible to reach it from internet
    * The access to the camera should not need any logon (or at least an account different from Admin)
    * The syntac of the address to type when I'm on a computer on internet
    at this moment it's only to access the webcam from outside when enabling 'Enable Web Access from WAN? ' at IP Config > Miscellaneous

and only with the standard Admin login

the syntax is your external IP which was given by your provider

if you want it like you describe, you should change it with a custom firmware

I have Logitech QuickCam PRO 4000, connect direct to router by Usb port. And the config is the same as Antiloop explain. And in IE I have open all active Active X

When I try to access my webcam from outside I got the message..
    << If you use "ActiveX and Refresh" mode and still can not see any image, please press link following to display in an alternate way.. here >>

If I press the link then I can see just picture in Black&White
    So I cannot see live movie from webcam, but it works well from inside local network.

Do I have something wrong ? Can anyone help?

Thanks !

Originally posted by thaoluan
    I have Logitech QuickCam PRO 4000, connect direct to router by Usb port. And the config is the same as Antiloop explain. And in IE I have open all active Active X

<< If you use "ActiveX and Refresh" mode and still can not see any image, please press link following to display in an alternate way.. here >>

So I cannot see live movie from webcam, but it works well from inside local network.

Thanks !
    if i'm not wrong, that's happening at my router too
    i've never paid attention to it, because we're using some @#%@#$proxy at my work so thought it was because the proxy@work

Originally posted by thaoluan

Thanks !
    Same problem here! ActiveX doesn't work from WAN, does work on LAN. the 'preview' JPEG-picture mode works in both LAN & WAN but is in black & white. Any news / progress on your part? Really would like to be able to view the webcam streaming with the ActiveX-script (or whatever other possibility) from WAN, in color! (which actually was one of the arguments for me to buy the Wl-500g... kinda a big bummer that it doesn't work...)
    -I am Jack's wasted life.

i don't know how any of you get the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working, but it is NOT supported by the current PWC driver that's in the WL500g, as i own this camera as well at the moment (my philips 680k died after 3-4 years)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    i don't know how any of you get the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working, but it is NOT supported by the current PWC driver that's in the WL500g, as i own this camera as well at the moment (my philips 680k died after 3-4 years)
    Hi,
    I got the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working (from the LAN side in colour, only B&W from WAN). My configuration is as shown in the attached image. The Windows XP machine must also be configured according to the user manual from ASUS (some security settings).

PerMS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have exactly the same settings in my router, but can't seem to connect to the ActiveX stream from WAN, only from LAN. On which part have you enabled the WAN-acces to the router? (the configuration-screen from WAN, the 'my.router' but then from WAN) Maybe that's the difference / cause why it doesn't work? (e.g. the script/page looks for the ActiveX-object at port no. xxx instead of yyy)
    -I am Jack's wasted life.

Quote Originally Posted by oCe
    I have exactly the same settings in my router, but can't seem to connect to the ActiveX stream from WAN, only from LAN. On which part have you enabled the WAN-acces to the router? (the configuration-screen from WAN, the 'my.router' but then from WAN) Maybe that's the difference / cause why it doesn't work? (e.g. the script/page looks for the ActiveX-object at port no. xxx instead of yyy)
    i think i've located the problem already, but can't test yet

still running the 1.7.5.7 beta version, tomorrow i'll put CR2 back.

somehow my logitech 4000 cam started working suddenly.. very strange..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    i think i've located the problem already, but can't test yet

still running the 1.7.5.7 beta version, tomorrow i'll put CR2 back.

somehow my logitech 4000 cam started working suddenly.. very strange..
    ok.. my problem is half solved and identified, CR2 is using PWC8.6 for a strange unknown reason. updated them manually with pwc8.8 now my cam works after starting manually webcamserver

also i am able to stream from the internet, the thing you have to do is put your websetup at port 80
    be sure you visit your IP address and NOT your dns so it should look like this:
    http://212.41.88.100/ be sure it does not look like http://212.41.88.100:80/ then it doesn't work anymore..

this behaviour is due to an error in the webcam asp page (Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp)

I have successfully connect to two logitech webcams

http://external.ip:8080/Advanced_Rem...ol_Widzard.asp

actually it will connect to
    http://external.ip:8081/ShowWebCam.asp
    and
    http://external.ip:8082/ShowWebCam.asp

1st data server is using port 7777
    2nd data server is using port 7778 (nat to 2nd router's port 7778)

I can use telnet to see the data.

regards,
    kuen

Unhappy activx applet|strange code output by connecting from outside.

just tried to access the webcam over vpn(means form outside) with a url like this:

http://[dyndnsURL]:7777/Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp

and this

http://[dyndnsURL]:7777/ShowWebCamPic.asp

both didn't work. i think the browser didn't load the activx applet, because i get lines like this:

GOQI>0&##&+-+)ˆˆ‰ˆˆ‰‰‰‹ŒŒŒŒŽŒŽŽ‘’’’‘’“””””•••““ •”•–•”•––––––——˜˜˜˜™š™™™š››œœ›š›œœžžŸŸžžžŸกก กขฃฃขคฅฅคคคฅงฆฆงงฆฆฆงจจจฉฉจฉชชชซชชชชจฉชฌซชชซฌฌซซซซ ฌฌ*ฎฎฎ***ฎฎฎฎฏฎฎฏฏฎฎฏฏฏฐฏฎฐซขกฃฅฅขœขคฅฅฅฅฅคฃฃขกกก ก žžžŸžœœœ››ššš˜™™˜—–•””“’’‘ŽŒŠŠ‰‰ŒŽŽŽŒŒ‹‰‰ˆˆ†…… „‚‚‚‚‚€€€€€~~€}~}|}||zxxxxwvutspqiU =+-;HNQN@3&"%()**)‡ˆ‰Š‹‹‹‹ŒŒŒŒŽŽŽŽŽ‘‘’’’’’ ““’’”””••”•”””“”––––—–•––—–————™™™™˜™š›œ›››œœœœœœž žžžžžžžžŸ กขกกข [...]

and so on and so on.
    i think it is the source code of the sended pics because there is no end.

anybody idea, why it is not working?

13. Unhappy

Hi,
    I have the same problem as Xlephant
    My firmware is 1.6.5.3
    I use http://myIP:7777
    but if I use:
    http://myIP:8080/ShowWebCam.asp it's ok after asking me the password of the router, is it the good port to use the webcam or it should be 7777 ?

Last edited by chris.delarue; 12-07-2004 at 07:01.

Exclamation Webcam Creative 3 . Couldnดt Connect To Server

iดve tried several options but appears always the same error ..
    Iดve seen that the camera is compatible with the router but it not seems to work.
    Iดve upgrade to 1.7.5.6 still the same .....

try reconnecting your usbcam first..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast