Thread: torrent

torrent

wooooow

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by back2basic; 14-11-2007 at 19:41.

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

wow How can i get this?

Quote Originally Posted by SliderMKH6 View Post
    wow How can i get this?
    I'm running Kamikaze7.09 on my box
    See wl700g.homelinux.net for more info

NOTE: I don't reach these speeds on every torrent, this was just a one off with 88 seeders & over 4000 peers( I just love that fedora distro )
    Last edited by back2basic; 12-11-2007 at 13:03.

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Really nice but i cant install Kamikaze i dont know how and i dont understand how to config. I have than no Asus GUI or

Quote Originally Posted by SliderMKH6 View Post
    Really nice but i cant install Kamikaze i dont know how and i dont understand how to config. I have than no Asus GUI or
    ASUS is only the name that's on my box
    X-wrt is my web if and a custom created page that links all to each other

OK for torrents, but ...

This is OK for bittorrent, but it isn't quite a full "download master", is it?

I notice that it can use wget to fetch a .torrent file. So how about any other file (say an .iso file or a .tar.bz2 file) ... but for a large file in its own right, whithout any .torrent associated with it?

For example, this is a link to a recent-rlease Linux livecd, which is a 473Mb .iso file.

ftp://zenwalk.mirrors.tds.net/pub/li...k-live-4.8.iso

Is there any way I can use ECTC as a remote command input means of getting the wl700ge box to use wget to download a large .iso file like that? Most of the mechanisims are there already ... it would only require the exisiting script to stop after the wget download step if the requested file was not a .torrent file ... and the whole thing could then become a replacement for "download master".

Is that possible?

I use mldonkey with sancho (client program) for remote connection. A web based client is enabled by default.

Sollie.

Quote Originally Posted by sollie View Post
    I use mldonkey with sancho (client program) for remote connection. A web based client is enabled by default.

Sollie.
    I already have that running, and it works well, except for one thing: it does not seem to allow me to use the web interface to it from the wider internet.

I can use the mldonkey web interface, the telnet interface or a program such as sancho form machines on the local lan side of the router, but occasionally when I am, shall we say, not at home ... I want to connect to the wl700ge and start it downloading a large file so that it might be ready by the time I do get home. To do that, the web interface has to be usable from the wider internet.

It is better and safer to create an ssh tunnel into your lan, using which you can connect from everywhere to your lan-web server without opening it to wan. So the only port which you really need to open to wan is ssh which is believed to be reasonably safe.

Quote Originally Posted by al37919 View Post
    It is better and safer to create an ssh tunnel into your lan, using which you can connect from everywhere to your lan-web server without opening it to wan. So the only port which you really need to open to wan is ssh which is believed to be reasonably safe.
    Well, you could connect to that ssh tunnel if wherever you were at when you were not at home allowed for an outgoing telnet or ssh connection.

In the context that I am thinking, however, one is constrained to a web interface.

Quote Originally Posted by hal2k1 View Post
    I already have that running, and it works well, except for one thing: it does not seem to allow me to use the web interface to it from the wider internet.
    I have figured this out, now. There is a startup script for mldonkey in the directory /opt/etc/init.d/ Within that script there is a set of "allowed IPs" when mldonkey is started. Find out the IP of the place on the wider Internet from where you want to log in, and add it to that list.

Use a "reverse DNS" site to find out the Inetrnet-facing IP of the machine you are on. This one will do it: http://remote.12dt.com/ Put the address that this site shows into the "allowed IPs" list to start mldonkey, and you will subsequently be able to log in from that machine.

This effectively removes all need to run enhanced ctorrent and this web interface. Mldonkey does a fine job, it has a functional web interface, and it can handle dirtect ftp and http links to large files (that are not torrents) as well.
    Last edited by hal2k1; 22-11-2007 at 05:02.

There is one reason why I use enhanced-ctorrent: I mosly only download private torrents. With Enhanced-ctorrent I can config it the way that my downloads are nicely seeded until 1:1 ---- haven't found that option in mldonkey