Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Web gui for ctorrent - YODCTCS

OK

Hi!
    Ok. I made it work a few days ago, but it SOOO LOOOWWW (1 ex: download rarely ups to 40 kB, from 1 or more torrents). I test ctorrent meanwhile uploading a torrent to /source directory, and its much faster... (I was thinkin dctcs was using ctorrent...)
    My question is :
    If you want use the ctorrent original conf directories, what directories must write in dctcs.conf?

torrent-directory=/tmp/harddisk/torrent/source
    download-directory=/tmp/harddisk/torent/target
    ????
    or
    torrent-directory=/tmp/harddisk/torrent/source
    download-directory=/tmp/harddisk/torent/work
    ????
    Thank you on advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by javitxusan View Post
    Hi!
    Ok. I made it work a few days ago, but it SOOO LOOOWWW (1 ex: download rarely ups to 40 kB, from 1 or more torrents). I test ctorrent meanwhile uploading a torrent to /source directory, and its much faster... (I was thinkin dctcs was using ctorrent...)
    me too
    so it _is_using_ctorrent so if you did not set up/download limit it must be exactly as fast/slow as ctorrent

My question is :
    If you want use the ctorrent original conf directories, what directories must write in dctcs.conf?
    sorry never heard about ctorrent conf directories, so i can not answer this question.
    the torrent-directory is the dir where dctcs "stores" the torrent files and the download-directory is the dir where the downloaded data goes to.

DIRECTORIES

Hi again!
    Thanks a lot for your fast answer.
    I mean with ctorrent conf (really a mean torrent.conf) that ctorrent uses 3 directories: source, work and target (where torrents are, where work while download and where finished files are going to), but dctcs uses only 2:1 for torrent files + 1 to work-and-completed files.

If dctcs is using ctorrent there must be the files in work directory while dctcs is downloading , but this is not true, because (at least in my case) working file is in the definitive directory.

And as I see that ctorrent working in background is 8 times faster than dctcs (tested with same torrent), Iґm going to try this: use the same directoy source to both ctorrent and dctcs, and use de completed-files-dctcs as same work-ctorrent-directory, Iґm goin' to let ctorrent to move completed torrent to "target" directory when finish.
    Cross fingers.....

TOA

I mean with ctorrent conf (really a mean torrent.conf) that ctorrent uses 3 directories: source, work and target (where torrents are, where work while download and where finished files are going to), but dctcs uses only 2:1 for torrent files + 1 to work-and-completed files.
    i think there is some misunderstanding the torrent.conf is belong to the torrent package not to ctorrent. ctorrent does not use torrent.conf.

And as I see that ctorrent working in background is 8 times faster than dctcs (tested with same torrent),
    how do you start ctorrent?

STARTING CTORRENT

Hi again!
    I put in source directory some torrent. those torrent started with watchdog and I've check the time in the log files.
    Result: ctorrent (and this is the better, because I installed OLD ctorrent, not enhanced-ctorrent) its 6 times faster working alone, than torrents in dtcts...
    And about enhanced-ctorrent... I find that the packet you can find if you make "ipkg install" its not the last 3.3.1 There is older version.

I was checking torrential last days (same low speed as dctcs) and Iґm thinking on made my own gui. ( )

Cross your fingers.

TOA.

Hi,

I like YoDCTCS. One question, is YoDCTCS provide some kind interface so I can change my downloading limit automatically? So I can utilize my off-peak downloading quote better.

Thanks,
    Simon

HI ,
    it is not providing an interface, but you can change the config file then send a SIGHUP to dctcs.

Hi dske,

Thank you very much. This solved my problem!

Simon

torrents show only as stopped and i cant start them

Hello,

I am new to this forum.
    But i hope someone can help me

I have 2 routers on is running openwrt whiterussian the other is running oleg

on both router yodctcs is installed.
    i have edited the dctcs.conf file accordingly

On whiterussian torrents start and download very fast.
    on oleg`s the torrents upload and i can see them in the upload map i specified in the config file.
    but the torrents never start they show up in the web interface as stopped and if i click start nothing happens.

My understanding of linux is not so very good so i hope someone can help me with this.
    If i need to post config files please tell me and i will post them.

Thanx in advance

Hi,

are you using enhanced-ctorrent on oleg?
    can you download with ctorrent (in "command line")?
    if yes can you please post the log files after starting dctcs like:
    dctcs -v -v -v

Excellent piece of software!

I would like to have the following function featured: The possibility to limit number of downloads.

In other words if I add 10 torrents to my list, instead of it downloading all torrent at the same time (as it currently is) it should be possible to set that only the first 3 torrents or something is downloaded, and once they are done it will automatically go on downloading the next 3, until the entire list is done.

Is this possible to implement?

@dske

Hi,

Thanx for the reply i tried both ctorrent and enhanced-ctorrent both wont run
    if i start ctorrent manual it works and it is downloading

I have started dctcs -v -v -v but where can i find the log file i cant find it

if i look in syslog the only thing what i get is: Jul 21 12:58:13 dctcs: new file uploaded
    nothing more

thanx in advance
    Last edited by Federation(NL); 21-07-2008 at 13:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Federation(NL) View Post
    Hi,

Thanx for the reply i tried both ctorrent and enhanced-ctorrent both wont run
    if i start ctorrent manual it works and it is downloading

I have started dctcs -v -v -v but where can i find the log file i cant find it

if i look in syslog the only thing what i get is: Jul 21 12:58:13 dctcs: new file uploaded
    nothing more
    it should be much more in the syslog...
    what version of oleg fw are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Excellent piece of software!
    I would like to have the following function featured: The possibility to limit number of downloads.
    Is this possible to implement?
    Thanks!
    everything is possible ;D
    i am "working" on this feature unfortunately long. nowadays i have no time for this project and my external hdd also broke down

Quote Originally Posted by dske View Post
    Thanks!
    everything is possible ;D
    i am "working" on this feature unfortunately long. nowadays i have no time for this project and my external hdd also broke down
    Yeah, I understand. It would be great if it had a built in queue system so I can add like 10 torrents and it will only download let's say 5 at the time, and when they are done it will go on taking the next 5.

Another thing I was wondering is how can I open up the Web GUI for external access? I have it installed on port 18000 as said in the guide, but I can't access the page externally (even though I can access port 80 and 8080).

How can I open up 18000 so I can start downloads from the outside as well?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast