Thread: Newbie - Help with Kfurge 1.0.7.8 firmware

Newbie - Help with Kfurge 1.0.7.8 firmware

I received my WL-700gE yesterday and I made alot of progress so far. But I hit a major snag today. I am not very savvy when it comes to linux so please bear with me when it comes to which commands to type. I was able to successfully load the Kfurge 1.0.7.8 via the web interface. I can tell this because it shows 1.0.7.8 under firmware version. Yesterday, I was able to install and launch MLDonkey as well. Last night, I started to download a couple of torrents and managed to correct the port forwarding issue after reading through all the threads. I was getting about 500Kbytes/sec download so I am happy with that. However, today I came home from work to find that MLDonkey was no longer working. http://192.168.1.1:4080/ is not accessible, sancho doesn't work either. I've tried numerous times to run the "nvram set kc_run_mldonkey=Yes" command with root priviledges but it doesn't work. I have some other problems with MLDonkey, but I would like to first get it working. I know there is a mldonkey.out file sitting in a tmp folder when I log in. But being the windoze user I am, I don't know how to view the file or try to troubleshoot any errors if I can get it open.

My second problem is with the router itself, I have a VOIP line in my home, and for some reason or another the router will drop the VOIP line and any other receivers I have hooked up. The phone line goes dead, and I have to reset the router for the linksys voip adapter to reconnect. This is a big nuisance since the linksys adapter seems to get knocked down as well as any of the other devices in my home which rely upon the internet/NAT to work. I think it has to do with any sort of "changes" that I make to the router. Such as if I were to try to load mldonkey from telnet. This can cause the NAT to stop working as well. Even minor changes such as modifying wifi settings will tweak this thing off. Ive done the virtual Nat server settings to have the ports forwarded and all that. However, this is really bugging me since this router seems to drop the voip line if I leave it on over night. I am hoping to get MLDonkey working first. Any help is appreciated...
    Last edited by rahul1023; 21-03-2008 at 23:15.

I've been out for a while and didn't see your post until just now. Have you made any additional progress with your connection dropping problem?

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm interested in learning about your problem and solution...

- K.C.

The issue with my VOIP line dropping is fixed. I don't know what I did to fix it, but ever since I set this router up, it's been working great. This router was able to resolve all of the issues I had with the linksys wrt54g.

I am however stuck with not being able to launch the MLDonkey software... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rahul1023 View Post
    T
    I am however stuck with not being able to launch the MLDonkey software... any suggestions?
    Telnet/ssh to the router and type 'cat /tmp/mldonkey.out'. Post the contents please.

- K.C.

[xxxxx@TuxRouter /]$ cat /tmp/mldonkey.out
    2008/04/18 21:54:05 [cO] Starting MLDonkey 2.9.2 ...
    2008/04/18 21:54:05 [cO] Language EN, locale ASCII, ulimit for open files 1024
    2008/04/18 21:54:05 [cO] MLDonkey is working in /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/.mldonkey
    2008/04/18 21:54:05 [Gettext] Loading language resource mlnet_strings.EN_ASCII
    2008/04/18 21:54:05 [cO] loaded language resource file
    2008/04/18 21:54:05 [DNS] Resolving [TuxRouter] ...
    2008/04/18 21:54:06 [DNS] Resolving [www.mldonkey.org] ...
    2008/04/18 21:54:06 [cO] Logging in /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/.mldonkey/mlnet.log
    Syntax error while parsing file donkey.ini at pos 14Stream.Error(""))
    it seems that donkey.ini is corrupt,
    try to use a backup from /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/.mldonkey/old_config
    [xxxxx@TuxRouter /]$

Well, the reason is now clear. Any idea what you might have done to corrupt the donkey.ini file? Any chance you edited it on a windows box and copied it back to the router?

Try following the suggestion to restore a backup.

- K.C.