Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: new firmware 1.9.2.7-8 by oleg

  1. #1

    new firmware 1.9.2.7-8 by oleg

    Hi there is an new oleg firmware available. You can download this firmware by this link: http://oleg.wl500g.info/1.9.2.7-8/
    Op zoek naar pretparken:

    Pretparksite

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milano - Italy
    Posts
    164
    Did you tested it ?
    What are adbantages upgrading ?

    Thanks, Max

  3. #3
    This is the firmware I'm waiting for!

    * Changed connection tracking TCP timeout to 6 hours vs. 5 days

    This will solve tcp connection run out problem when running P2P programs!
    amule, enhanced-ctorrent.... will back to normal.

    Thanks alien433, and also oleg's effort.

    Simon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milano - Italy
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by simonhang View Post
    This is the firmware I'm waiting for!

    * Changed connection tracking TCP timeout to 6 hours vs. 5 days

    This will solve tcp connection run out problem when running P2P programs!
    amule, enhanced-ctorrent.... will back to normal.

    Thanks alien433, and also oleg's effort.

    Simon
    Can you please explain this ?
    Thanks, Max

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milano - Italy
    Posts
    164
    Can I save my 500gP 1.9.2.7-7g config and flashfs files from web interface, upgrade firmware and then upload back previous settings ?

    Thanks, Max

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by QMax View Post
    Can I save my 500gP 1.9.2.7-7g config and flashfs files from web interface, upgrade firmware and then upload back previous settings ?

    Thanks, Max
    Settings should be preserved... Only thing I had to do is goto web interface -> System Setup -> System Command, and issue flashfs enable, followed by a reboot

    But to be certain, it never hurts to make a backup

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Holy Roman Empire
    Posts
    70
    I performed an update yesterday. The settings are preserved. However, you should save the flashfs files before the upgrade, since it won't be saved.

  8. #8
    Please help me! Can i upgrade the firmware from 1.9.2.7-7g to 1.9.2.7-8 and dont lost all my configurations, programs, and so on? I have installed many programs to my ASUS, it works well, and i dont want to lose this configuration... so, can i do upgrade and i have no problems after that?

  9. #9

    Exclamation USB problem

    No joy for my 500gP.

    After upgrade 1.9.2.7.7g -> 1.9.2.7.8, USB flash drives can no longer be detected (boot time). Have tried two different USB2.0 pen-drives with no luck.

    1.9.2.7-8 LOG [ERR]
    Jan 1 01:02:20 kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device 01:03.2-1 address 2
    Jan 1 01:02:22 kernel: hub.c: new USB device 01:03.2-2, assigned address 3
    Jan 1 01:02:22 kernel: usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x90c/0x1000) is not claimed by any active driver.

    1.9.2.7-7g LOG [OK]
    Jan 1 01:00:07 kernel: Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
    Jan 1 01:00:07 kernel: usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
    Jan 1 01:00:07 kernel: scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
    Jan 1 01:00:08 kernel: Vendor: USB 2.0 Model: Flash Disk Rev: 3000
    Jan 1 01:00:08 kernel: Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02


    Is it global probem?, any ideas? I have rolled back to 1.9.2.7 by now.

  10. #10

    Bad Wi-Fi signal

    Hi,

    I'm using a wl-500Gp version 1.0

    I get a bad Wi-Fi signal, using this firmware. Connection drops from time to time (signal is 35-40Db less than before, according to NetStumbler).
    Original FW gives the same bad signal, DD-WRT gives me the strongest signal. For the support of the USB ports i need Oleg's.

    So I did some research and used wl command's:

    wl antdiv 0
    wl txant 0

    gives same bad signal, changing numbers into 1 or 3 give me the old (+35/40Db) stronger signal!

    I'm a bit of a Linux noob so i have a question: How do I save the above commands in my NVRAM?


    Ed

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    3,805
    you may put them in the post-boot file

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    20
    With this fw, you can't disable wireless

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milano - Italy
    Posts
    164
    Can't you really disable wi-fi or simply the led stay on even if wi-fi is disabled ?

    Max

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    20
    It's looks like false alarm, I'll try it when I get back my laptop. Probably only led

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSki View Post
    Hi,

    I'm using a wl-500Gp version 1.0

    I get a bad Wi-Fi signal, using this firmware. Connection drops from time to time (signal is 35-40Db less than before, according to NetStumbler).
    Original FW gives the same bad signal, DD-WRT gives me the strongest signal. For the support of the USB ports i need Oleg's.

    So I did some research and used wl command's:

    wl antdiv 0
    wl txant 0

    gives same bad signal, changing numbers into 1 or 3 give me the old (+35/40Db) stronger signal!

    I'm a bit of a Linux noob so i have a question: How do I save the above commands in my NVRAM?


    Ed
    Changing txant will probably not give you the improved signal. It's antdiv that is the major variable determining the signal. It's the variable that chooses the best antenna choice (internal/external), option '3' lets the Asus choose antenna based on the best signal respons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Neue Oleg Firmware verfügbar: v1.9.2.7 CR8
    By wengi in forum German Discussion - Deutsch (DE)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 16:17
  2. About WL-500W Oleg firmware
    By hweiee in forum WL-500w Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31-10-2007, 11:03
  3. C Compiler voor de oleg firmware
    By wouzs in forum Dutch Discussion - Nederlands
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-10-2007, 16:57
  4. New Asus firmware, old Oleg firmware
    By JuggernauT in forum WL-500gP Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-09-2006, 14:26
  5. twonky media server, network drive with oleg firmware
    By black_bottom in forum WL-HDD Q&A
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-03-2006, 08:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •