Thread: Printer support, dd-wrt or oleg?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Printer support, dd-wrt or oleg?

I've got DD-WRT now, and it's very good looking. But, no printer supoort
    So I installed V24 beta, but even no support AND no internet. So back to v23sp2, and I've internet again But I need the printer support! So how I gonna fix this? Back to Asus/Oleg (how? can't install oleg because it's wrong file format) or install usb/printer support on DD-wrt (how?)

HowTo migrate from ddwrt to olegs firmware

1) download olegs firmware from http://oleg.wl500g.info/1.9.2.7-7g/ , wl500g-clear-nvram.trx and wl500g-restore.trx and store it to a new directory e.g. /my documents/asus
    Unzip if necessary.

2) Set your IP of your computer manually to 192.168.1.199

3.) open a comman prompt and cd to your new asus directory where you have stored the trx files
    4.) input "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put wl500g-clear-nvram.trx" but do not hit enter.
    5.) Unplug the power to the router.
    6.) Hold down the reset/restore button while reconnecting the power. Wait until the power light starts blinking before releasing the reset/restore button.
    7.) As soon as your pc is connected, hit enter in your command prompt window to run tftp. Wait a minute for the image to upload.
    If you receive a TFTP timeout message start the process over again (from step 4)
    Wait 4-5 minutes.
    8.) Unplug the power to the router.
    9.) input "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put wl500g-restore.trx" and do not hit enter.
    10.) Hold down the reset/restore button while reconnecting the power. Wait until the power light starts blinking before releasing the reset/restore button.
    11.) As soon as your pc is connected, hit enter in your command prompt window to run tftp with your restore image. Wait a minute for the image to upload.
    If you receive a TFTP timeout message start the process over again (from step 8)
    Wait 4-5 minutes.
    12.) Unplug the power to the router.
    13.) input "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put WL500g-1.9.2.7-7g.trx" , do not hit enter
    14.) Hold down the reset/restore button while reconnecting the power. Wait until the power light starts blinking before releasing the reset/restore button.
    15.) As soon as your pc is connected, hit enter in your command prompt window to run tftp with your olegs firmware image. Wait a minute for the image to upload.
    If you receive a TFTP timeout message start the process over again (from step 12)
    Wait min. 10 minutes, then power cycle the router and do your basic settings.

Maybe you have to perform an additional reset.

Do not forget to set your PCs IP back to DHCP as well as DNS.

Have fun with olegs firmware.
    I've done this procedure twice, its taken from ddwrt forum and olegs website/forum.
    If you can't find the clear-nvram and restore files, let me know.

BTW: Printer support is included, because it's olegs FW!
    Last edited by newbiefan; 06-11-2007 at 23:22.

hey,

I just figured it out after this post, just follow the installation manual @ DD-wRT but instead installing DD-WRT you install Oleg.

So, use firmware restoration program (asus) and upload clear nvram and recover, and then Oleg, finished!

but thanx!

If you compare my howto and the description from ddwrt-forum you will see, it's exactley the same - lol

Anyhow, have fun - glad to hear your system works....