Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions on Transmission & WL500gp

My wl500gp holds up to 160 active music torrents.

Transmission and UPNP

Hi!
    First of all I would like to thank this community for great "how to"'s..
    I'm now using latest stable Olegs FW with transmission.
    One problem with transmission:

Code:
    Feb 18 19:53:04 transmissiond[396]: Port Mapping (NAT-PMP): readnatpmpresponseorretry returned error -7, errno is 146 (Connection refused)
    Feb 18 19:53:04 transmissiond[396]: Port Mapping (NAT-PMP): If your router supports NAT-PMP, please make sure NAT-PMP is enabled!
    Feb 18 19:53:04 transmissiond[396]: Port Mapping (NAT-PMP): NAT-PMP port forwarding unsuccessful, trying UPnP next
    Feb 18 19:53:04 transmissiond[396]: Port Mapping (UPNP): upnpDiscover returned NULL (errno 2 - No such file or directory)
    Feb 18 19:53:04 transmissiond[396]: Port Mapping (UPNP): UPNP_GetValidIGD failed.  (errno 0 - Success)
    Feb 18 19:53:04 transmissiond[396]: Port Mapping (UPNP): If your router supports UPnP, please make sure UPnP is enabled!
    I've enabled upnp via web UI and even tried to open ports from virtual maschine, but nothing.
    Upload is almost nothing

Maybe the firewall of the asus is blocking traffic.
    Either put the asus in AP (access point) mode or check the
    forum on how to set firewall rules.

Hacking Transmission version reporting

Hi, there

I have a big problem. I am inside of closed torrent tracker.
    This guys only allow Transmission version 1.05 and if I have "+" on the end like this 1.05+ than it is forbidden.
    Now I've been patient for more than 4 months to catch a state when I have a version that they like. This moment did not happen. And as I look it will never happen because Oleo releases versions with "+" on the end. Currently I have: Transmission/1.05+ (5051).
    My question is where can I hack the version number so it reports back to this closed mind morons 1.05?

You must build it by yourself. It is not so hard. See http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/wiki

You can change configure.ac
    Code:
    configure.ac:USERAGENT_PREFIX="1.06+"
    or use the following commmand:
    Code:
    sed -i -e 's/1.06+/1.05/' builds/transmission/*
    make transmission-clean
    make transmission-check

Thank you Oleo

Thank you Oleo, I shall do as you told me.
    But now I need to go to sleep.

Torrent Mover for Transmission

I made a little program to associate torrent files with it and move them to transmission source Folder.

1st time running you must specify local folder and transmission share folder.
    You can associate torrent files with Torrent mover by pressing "Associate ..." button. To do that, You must have administrator privileges.

If Torrent Mover for some reasons cant move torrent file to transmission folder it stores it to local folder.

Parameters:
    config - configuration dialog
    copy - move torrent files form local to transmission source directory.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by edk; 03-04-2008 at 15:50.

Unhappy transmission problem: re-downloading after the torrent is finished

Something strange is happening after downgrade to 5642, and I'm not sure that I've seen it before.

After the torrent (completely downloaded and even seeded for a couple of minutes) is moved from "work" folder to "target" folder, the download starts again (or maybe continues from some arbitrary position/percentage - I've not catched a situation when there is actually 0.00% displayed). Transfer statistics and information on tracker show, that there is actual download happening. After the torrent is completely downloaded (again), the seeding starts normally.

All that time the extension on .torrent file is .torrent.seeding. And files appear to be complete - I've copied them over to my computer during that extra download phase and tried to run without a problem. There were no checkum files in that particular package so this kind of "check" is not 100% reliable, but given the low download percentage shown at that time, it should not work at all if that percentage was correct...

Push out/Push in and Pause/Unpause do not help.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Andris

(I've decided to start a new thread without version and build numbers) just in case they change)
    WL-500gP Oleg 1.9.2.7-10 WD500G

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123