Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead or brick ? Lan and WAN 1-4 leds on steady

Quote Originally Posted by shopfree4pc View Post
    I have the same problem and could you please share a photo of opened up power supply with the capacitor we need to change?
    Also, where you get that replacement capacitor - RadioShack?
    Thanks
    I haven't changed it yet, but by judging the capacitor from it's shape I'm pretty confident to say that it is the one with the red circle. (you'd see a 'bulging' top). Also. take care of the polarity of the capacitor. align the 'stripe' on the side of the capacitor with the new one.

(excuse me for bad quality pictures, I only had my (very-old) cam-phone available).

Last edited by raas; 03-10-2009 at 18:33.

Yes, that's the right one.
    The only one with a curved head.

I was not able to find a 1200uF, so I replaced with a 1000uF but 12V.
    Works fine as I wrote. Take care of polarity.

Total price... 0.40€ (for 4 pieces) and 10 minutes of time.

Max

Strange...

My Router have the same symptoms yesterday and i tried plug and unplug the power connector a few times until he comes to life.

I live in Portugal, and this year we don't have a hot Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Strange...

My Router have the same symptoms yesterday and i tried plug and unplug the power connector a few times until he comes to life.

I live in Portugal, and this year we don't have a hot Summer.
    That "cure" worked for my router also, but for a week... then lost data, reboot and so on...

Now works fine

Max

My WL-500W Bricked Completely

Hi,
    I wanted to use unoffical firmware because of my adaptor (Asus WL-130N) couldn't get IP preperly from my Asus WL-500W. Sometimes it got IP in 3-4 minutes or it couldn't get IP although connection seemed good. Then i wanted to try an unoffical firmware to solve this problem and i loaded DD-WRT SP24 mega pack. It worked 2-3 weeks without any problem and as you guess it bricked suddenly(it also didn't solve my DHCP and IP problem). I found to PIN9 method to solve my problem. I tried PIN 9 and my router could accept a new firmware after PIN9 method. I uploaded original Asus 2.0.6 firmware as soon as possible after PIN9 and i loaded original firmware successful. Then i rebooted my router immediately after uploading offical firmware and result.. 4 LAN LEDs and WAN LED solid bilinking. Power and AIR LEDs don't bilink...I know you will advise to me to change my power supply of router. I tried to boot my router while applying 5V from power supply of computer but result is same. PIN9 also doesn't work anymore. I checked power supply of my router and capacitor seems at well condition. We alreadey run it with full load (with 2 ohm load) and it shoed to us 2,5 ampere (but it showed 4,8 V). With 4 ohm it showed 1,2 ampere and 4,9V.
    I couldn't find appropriate power supply for my router but i think that power is not my real problem..

So i'm so hopeless. you have any different advise for my dead router?

Best Regards

I can only say to go for asus warranty...
    but you opened it up already, so I don't know if that is going to work

i live in Turkey and this router doesn't sold in Turkey...I bought it from ebay. i already talked with Asus Global Technical Team. They offered to me classical methods. I asked to them whether they may send a new nvram to me or not but they didn't answer my question

Quote Originally Posted by looser View Post
    i live in Turkey and this router doesn't sold in Turkey...I bought it from ebay. i already talked with Asus Global Technical Team. They offered to me classical methods. I asked to them whether they may send a new nvram to me or not but they didn't answer my question
    typical asus... at least the same as in the netherlands
    anyway... if asus doesn't want to replace/repair your device I guess the only option is to buy a new one since you tried all the methods available

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtop...3cb958062effd9

Completely unsupported, but saved me a couple times with this router...

Hi,

I'm having the same issue described here (every LEDs lighted up but power) and I guess it's a power supply issue.
    So, I tried to find the same capacitor (1200uF / 10V) but I only got a 1500uF / 10V.

Do you think I can replace the old one with this one without breaking everything (power supply or router)?

Thanks

nutmeg, I don't think that will be a problem.

OK, it's working like a charm.

Thanks a lot

Just registered to be able to reply on this forum.

I've had the exact same issue as the TS posted.

All lights come on, Wifi is live but unable to connect.. Lan disconnects and reconnects every 2 seconds.

I've swapped the mentioned capacitor a couple posts back for a uF1000 10V today, works like a charm!!

Very happy with this solution!

Question Bad capacitor on motherboard?

Hi,
    I had same "solid leds" problem with PSU, which I solved with new capacitor (1000uF / 10V for now)..

But, when I was discovering where can be problem I opened router's case and find out that one capacitor (400uF / xV don't remember) has "bad hat".

Do you think it is (will be) fatal? Do you recommend to change it? I'll go to local store soon, so I can buy it, but don't know if it will be easy/possible to solder it.

Date of buy: 18.10.2007

Thanks for any answer.

1. all three capacitors
    2. the good one
    3. the bad one
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by oral; 24-12-2009 at 15:07. Reason: added date of buy

I wouldn't touch it as long as your router is still stable.

I remember i had difficulties getting capacitors of a motherboard.

Ik had to pull them off, thus releasing chemicals

and the seperatley desolder the 2 pins which stay behind.

Probably my soldering iron was not big enough..

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast