Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Dead or brick ? Lan and WAN 1-4 leds on steady

Quote Originally Posted by expert_vision View Post
    Not sure if this is a hardware issue or a Windows problem, but router is just fine. To be clear .. on PC's LAN 1 - no ping, on PC's LAN 2 - TTL-64.Oh .. and brand is NVIDIA onboard.
    Should be good.
    It might be a problem with windows, but I've also had several network cards that sort of sticked to the off mode.
    A simple disable/enable of the network interface could do the trick.
    Or, in some cases the network card can hold a current, even when the pc has been off, which could prevent the card from working normally. Unplugging the pc for several seconds could fix that however
    These things never happened on my nvidia board however

Nope .. LAN1 is completely dead.I have a dual-boot system (XP-can't remember last time I used it until now ,win 7) and both give no response on LAN1 (ping,telnet,ssh), but LAN2 works fine. Weird thing, but I'm glad the motherboard has 2 NICs.

Same problem but the power supply is not faulty

Hi I am having the same problem with the leds of my Asus WL-500gP v2 are always up (except AIR) but my power supply is not faulty. I have another identical router and check that power supply with the "problematic" router and the result is the same. Both power supplies are working find and my other Asus WL-500gP v2 router.

Anyone any ideas?

Hi, me also have the same problem.
    LAN LEDs + WAN are steady ON. Power+AIR off.

My power supply is OK, tried with big PSU 5V/8A and also my router is not functional (same LEDs steady).
    I cannot ping it from computer, restore button in back is doing nothing.
    Also tried to start restore mode (power off, push restore button and plug power on) but it does nothing.

Any ideas??

Thank you

Hello. I have wl500g Premium router (according to this link it is version 1 - antenna on the left). Out of the blue LED diodes just lights but do not flashes. According to this post it seems that adapter might be wrong so I would like to try to change it for different one. Problem is that I do not have exactly the same at the moment. This is the adapter that probably failed: Name:  wl500gp.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  393.6 KB This is the adapter from older brother wl500g: Name:  wl500g.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  415.3 KB This is the adapter from external Toshiba hard disk Name:  toshiba_external_hdd.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  530.8 KB Can I try some of those adapters? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wakatana View Post
    Can I try some of those adapters? Thank you
    As long as it outputs the same voltage (5 V) and more or at least 2.5 A, its a good replacement.
    You could try the one that outputs 5V with 2.0 A as long as you don't use any USB devices. Even if 2 A is too low, it won't damage your router.

DO NOT USE AN ADAPTER THAT OUTPUTS MORE (or less) THAN 5 VOLTS . IT WILL BLOW YOUR ROUTER.

Quote Originally Posted by expert_vision View Post
    As long as it outputs the same voltage (5 V) and more or at least 2.5 A, its a good replacement.
    You could try the one that outputs 5V with 2.0 A as long as you don't use any USB devices. Even if 2 A is too low, it won't damage your router.

DO NOT USE AN ADAPTER THAT OUTPUTS MORE (or less) THAN 5 VOLTS . IT WILL BLOW YOUR ROUTER.
    Thank you I've used 5V/3A adapter and router is working as before

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910