Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.8.2.4 BETA

Fixing the speed doesn't solve the problem, unfortunately.

So currently I'd have to choose between fixed WAN port or Samba etc.

Will this change in the future. i.e. will the WAN fixes be incorporated into the samba etc. firmware?

Well, I ain't Asus nor Oleg but if Asus thinks they fixed the WAN die issue with this BETA firmware, they will incorporate the patch to all their new firmwares which Oleg will use for his custom firmwares. So in short: yes.

They do turn on/off the wifi interface but once you disable and reenable the wireless interface using this buttons it won't be possible to connect any device until rebooting the router.
    I noticed this on my fw 1.8.2.0 on WL500gd. At first, I would like the wireless off when boot and only turn it on if needed. However, it couldn't be done because of this bug. I've tried "wl radio on" and "wl radio off" but no luck.

By running wl status, I found that the "Enable" button on the web admin only enable the radio without "loading" the "profile" setup in the "Wireless - Interface" page. If radio is not enable when the router boot up, the wireless profile will not be loaded. Though You may write a script to use wl options to setup the profile after bootup.

I wonder if I could install this firmware or those custom firmware to WL500gd though, anyone?
    Last edited by whao; 03-12-2004 at 08:53. Reason: Findings of what radio on/off not done.

In that firmware release WAN port DIE problem is no more a issue. It work for me, so is that fixed only on my AP or is on yours as well?
    I see on forum that it is not fixed on all WL-500g's. I use ADSL connection.

wan die-ing is stil in this beta release, but fixing only works with some units

i tryed to connect 2 asus 500g over wan, and set it to auto mode... but it died within 15 minutes of 2 MB/s

then i fixed rate to 100 full duplex and started mas download action.... after i-dont-know-how-much movies,mass small files,and enormous HL2 gaming it did not died....

on the other hand,one G unit in my network, connected on WAN do not accept any kind of speed fixing, just an AUTO mode, and goes 2,3 MB/s

you must try LAN units,just some works , some not.... but asus goes on...
    My network gear: 6 (six)ASUS WL-500G....3(three) LINKSYS WRT-54G...2 (two) LINKSYS WET-11....2 (two) PHEENET WAP011...PHEENET 108G...4(four) PCI Prism 2.5....3(three)PCI RTL8180....2(two)PCI ACX100(Ti chipset)....PCMCIA PRISM 2.5 200mW....PCMCIA PRISM 2.5 100 mW...few 8 port switches 10/100...new stuff D-Link DWL2000AP+,PHEENET WAP011RT,

Question Virtual server

Anyone have problems with the virtual server?

i have specified some ports in the virtual server settings.
    all seems ok. but after a while the virtual server seems to stop routing the ports to the pc.

i have also seen that the dhcp i changing ip adress on my machine no and then.. ip adress lease is sett to 84000+ sec (i have not touched the original settings) is there some fix for this?

NIGHTCD

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTCD
    Anyone have problems with the virtual server?

i have specified some ports in the virtual server settings.
    all seems ok. but after a while the virtual server seems to stop routing the ports to the pc.

i have also seen that the dhcp i changing ip adress on my machine no and then.. ip adress lease is sett to 84000+ sec (i have not touched the original settings) is there some fix for this?

NIGHTCD
    If you're having a server in your LAN which should be accessable from WAN I suggest you give it a static IP address.

very difficult to keep connection working.

I have tried 4 diffrent cards which only 2 off them seem to work stabile with
    Firmware v1.8.2.4 BETA. the cards which works are the edimax 54 G card an in my notebook the linksys pcmcia wireless G card. They doen't disconnect and reconnect every 5 minutes. The asus WL100G and the linksys wireless 54 G usb disconnect and reconnect every time. Is this fimware very diffrent from the other firmwares?

Quote Originally Posted by dikko
    Firmware v1.8.2.4 BETA. the cards which works are the edimax 54 G card an in my notebook the linksys pcmcia wireless G card. They doen't disconnect and reconnect every 5 minutes. The asus WL100G and the linksys wireless 54 G usb disconnect and reconnect every time. Is this fimware very diffrent from the other firmwares?
    no this must be an misconfiguration at your side

i'm using with success more than a year the WL100g every day, also with the 1.8.2.4 firmware

be sure to reset router to defaults first, and do not use saved configuration as your router will behave exact the same again

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by dikko
    I have recently came to the similar 'bug' when I've bought a new WL500g, I've put there 1.7.5.9-5 FW (as usual) and load an old settings from previous unit which has the same FW version.
    After that all clients saw signal level jumping in the 20dB range each second. Those with lower signal level keeps disconecting all the time.
    Restoring to factory defaults (by web interface) and doing manual settings solved the problem completely.

Still wonder what's the difference in the settings file between old and new unit because FW version was the same inside both of them.

Another strange thing - new unit doesn't work at channels 12 and 13. I can easily set these channels in the menu but WL500g will transmit on channel 1 after reboot. Channel settings in the menu still list number 12 or 13, but the wireless status box shows ch. 1 and the radio is talking at ch. 1.
    Other channels seem to be OK.
    Again FW version is 1.7.5.9-5 which works for me at ch 12 or 13 in older units.

Oleg

In this version, the reset bug are not present!

Bug in Manually Assigned IP List
    Home Page
    Marco Sousa from PORTUGAL
    [ WL-500g - fw: 1.9.2.7-7e [Oleg] | WL-500gP - fw: 1.9.2.7-7f-USB-1.63 [Oleg&koppel.cz] ]

WL-500g firmware for WL-500b?

Hey! I have a question regarding WL-500g firmware. Is it OK, to use it on WL-500b? Would it work properly? Of course not talking about the '54g'. Thanks for an reply...

Opinion about firmwares

Well this firmware Beta version... for me its just the best firmware released since today. Because?? its simple...

1º I dont have WAN PORT die problem.

2º I dont have Reset Bug.

3º All freatures are working fine (except some freatures that doesn't work since the first firmwares)

The second best firmware for me its the new 1.9.2.8 ... but there is a problem too. And the problem its same that many ppl reported in this forum. After i connect via WLAN with the Asus 2500H Noteboook the WLAN start to not function with wireleess cards like Siemens and other that are in MAC PowerBooks etc.. I wonder why....... Well i hope the problem will be fixed someday. ( I think the problem its in WMM freature buts its just a opinion ).

Another problems that i have since the first firmwares... including the one that came with my WL500g when i bought are:

1st Manually Assigned IP List freature doesnt work for me.. i dont know how to use it proprely or its a bug.

2nd The speed in WLAN its very slow and its not like the LAN mode. First off all, in WLAN i have much more latency and its not very stable. In LAN its very stable and i have a good latency between the WL500g. Its something like.... WLAN-->WL500g i have 1ping and between LAN-->WL500g i have <1ping. Another point in speed, i have 4mbits internet connection ADSL PPPOE like in my country all adsl pppoe connections have something like ~16% bandwith loss. So in LAN side i can get download arround 430kbytes/s .. you can consider normal. Well in WLAN side u can get only arround 419~420kbytes/s. Well or i dont configure my router propely or there is some problem i think.

So i have seen this 2 problems in all Asus Firmware since versions 1.6.x ( the version that came with my WL500g). If someone knows a firmware with no problems or know how to solve, just reply something lol. Ok if you not consider this 2 main problems well.... the firmware that works for me with no problems its the 1.8.2.4 Beta. Its beta right??? For me its the more stable and most bugless i found. Strange isn't it?.

PS: Sorry my bad english i hope u understand it
    Last edited by Tomekk; 30-01-2005 at 18:50.

The fw that I use are v.1.8.1.7-3 Oleg! and for me it's the best!!
    Dont have any bug (that i can found)
    Home Page
    Marco Sousa from PORTUGAL
    [ WL-500g - fw: 1.9.2.7-7e [Oleg] | WL-500gP - fw: 1.9.2.7-7f-USB-1.63 [Oleg&koppel.cz] ]

Quote Originally Posted by AmoRico
    Hey! I have a question regarding WL-500g firmware. Is it OK, to use it on WL-500b? Would it work properly? Of course not talking about the '54g'. Thanks for an reply...
    yes it should work, but you have to upload it using Firmware Restoration tools

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast