Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridged network problem

Bridged network problem

Have 2 ASUS 500g with 1.8.1.7-2a in bridged network. The main router is HOME GATEWAY, and secondary ACCESS POINT (with LAN-coupled sat.tuner). Channel 11.
    Both running HYBRID, with WPA PSK-TKIP, and MAC filtering. MANUALLY IP based on MACadr on my normal devices (incl secondary router). 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.7. But at same time DHCP enabled (to make them show up in dhcp-leases window), DHCP starting 192.168.1.10.

Everything is AOK. Have 1 PC with WL138g connecting to the secondary router, it did loose connection sometimes but after changing from ch6 to ch11, its perfect.

Have LapTop with WL100g connecting to either router, but when moving from area so it has to change router, it will connect but shortly disconnects. Ie first in basement connecting via secondary ASUSrouter. Then switch off laptop, move to 2nd floor and reconnect with main ASUSrouter, then after a while WL100g disconnects. Deactivate and reactivate WL100g, same thing happens - first normal then it shortly disconnects. BUT when restart of ASUSmain-router everything was AOK again - until I tried to change position to connect with secondary ASUSrouter. The WL100g is allowed in both routers MAC filter.

What am I missing? How can I make clients seemless transfer between the two routers?

Why switch off the laptop?

Auto roaming enabled for the WL-100g?
    Last edited by brubber; 03-11-2004 at 21:02.
    Brubber

WL-500g, WL-138g, WL-160g

are you also using SP2 at the notebook? or only SP1

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Using SP2 all over

answer brubbers question too please.. I don't get it why you should turn off notebook..?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I don't have to turn off the notebook, but I did.
    Lets say I finish work one day, and booting up laptop the next day in an other area in the house which is supported by the other ASUSrouter, the laptop-wl100g will not stably connect as described above...

Once more, did you enable auto roaming on your laptop?
    Brubber

Couldn't find any option for Auto Roaming. Using XP SP2 and not Asus Utility for setup of wl100g.
    XP is setup to "automaticly connect when within range", is that maybe the same as Auto Roaming?

Quote Originally Posted by tonia
    Couldn't find any option for Auto Roaming. Using XP SP2 and not Asus Utility for setup of wl100g.
    XP is setup to "automaticly connect when within range", is that maybe the same as Auto Roaming?
    I'm not familiar with the XP SP2 wireless settings so I can't tell.

You may wish to Google "Windows XP wireless auto roaming" or "Windows XP wireless auto roaming problem"; check out WXp wireless client documentation; search at microsoft http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...=&qn=&c=10&s=0

Or search this forum for WDS, and read carefully

Are you sure your network setup is OK? please post some more details. Are you using different channels on both routers? DHCP TCP/IP config?

If you are sure your setup is OK you may wish to try the asus client or another client such as http://www.download.com/Pctel-Wi-Fi-...ml?tag=stbc.gp
    Brubber

Hi,

I've got a question to that statement:

Have 2 ASUS 500g with 1.8.1.7-2a in bridged network. The main router is HOME GATEWAY, and secondary ACCESS POINT (with LAN-coupled sat.tuner). Channel 11.
    Both running HYBRID, with WPA PSK-TKIP, and MAC filtering. MANUALLY IP based on MACadr on my normal devices (incl secondary router). 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.7. But at same time DHCP enabled (to make them show up in dhcp-leases window), DHCP starting 192.168.1.10. ...
    How did you manage to run your bridge with WPA PSK-TKIP? My brigde stops working if I switch from WEP to WPA all the time. I have two WL-500g and tried this with 1.7.5.6 and now 1.8.1.9 but it still won't work.

Thanks for your help

Krocus

Unhappy WL-500G; Problems on Bridge (WDS) and WPA

Quote Originally Posted by Krocus
    Hi,

I've got a question to that statement:

How did you manage to run your bridge with WPA PSK-TKIP? My brigde stops working if I switch from WEP to WPA all the time. I have two WL-500g and tried this with 1.7.5.6 and now 1.8.1.9 but it still won't work.

Thanks for your help

Krocus
    Yeah, I have the same kind of problem, as soon as I try to use the WPA instead of WEP, the bridge stops working.... Need help on this issue.
    I'm running FW 1.8.1.9 as well.
    Last edited by strilen; 08-11-2004 at 21:11.

Quote Originally Posted by strilen
    Yeah, I have the same kind of problem, as soon as I try to use the WPA instead of WEP, the bridge stops working.... Need help on this issue.
    I'm running FW 1.8.1.9 as well.
    use firmware 1.8.1.7-2a (custom one yes) that one does work..

yes, use 1.8.1.7-2a.

I have now done several restarts of all routers/pc's and have suddenly no problems with my originally problem.

Unhappy

yes, use 1.8.1.7-2a.

I have now done several restarts of all routers/pc's and have suddenly no problems with my originally problem.
    Now I have tried 1.8.1.7-2a, as well. Same problem. As soon as I activate some form of WPA-PSK the bridge stops working. I tried with TKIP, AES, TKIP+AES and with and witout WEP128 bit. Still same, doesn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by strilen; 09-11-2004 at 16:52.

use channel above 6 at least,
    also add your other config pages for wireless stuff please
    except radius settings ( I assume you did not change anything in that particular menu)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast