Thread: PrePurchase advice (multiple downloads)

PrePurchase advice (multiple downloads)

Hello All

I looking to purchase a wl700g in the UK. However I have several questions mainly related to downloads.

I work from home and regularly download large work packages in the form of split archives, recently these packages have been growing in size and the last was nealry 40 files.

1) Im currently using FlashGet to download these files as it allows me to add mulitple links at once and apply global options to the list. Is it posible to do something similar with the wl700?

2) FlashGet allows you to add server login details to the downloads which allows me to use it to download from rapidshare.com with my premium account.

Now i dont want to faf about getting the dirrect links for the seperate files does the hardware support this sort of use, or am i best sticking with FlashGet?

Cheers, Scar

Hi,

* Install Kfurge's firmware, screen, wget
    * screen -h
    * wget -h
    Last edited by esbe; 28-09-2007 at 21:15.

Thanks for the speedy reply

I have Kfurge's firmware and wget but what is screen? and where do you get it, suprisingly google is slightly vauge

screen?

To install just do:
    ipkg install screen

Screen is a multiple terminal program. Basically this means you can start a screen (session) and resume it after you killed your telnet session (screen -r).

(from man-pages: Screen is a full-screen window manager that multiplexes a physical terminal between several processes (typically interactive shells..)

To download stuff you could also try mldonkey. Works fine for me for different protocols (bt, donkey, ftp)..

Have fun!

Something more about using screen:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...ghlight=screen

And command prompt for downloading files using wget from rapidshare with your account:

wget --output-file=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/logfile --tries=101 --limit-rate=256000 -P/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/ --input-file=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/download --http-user=your_login --http-passwd=your_password --post-data="login=login&password=passwd"

where:

--output-file=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/logfile is the name of the logfile, where "wget" will write some information about downloading proccess

-P/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/ is a directory where to save downloaded files

--input-file=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/download is the file with list of direct links to download (one link in one row)