Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: please help me with Ushare

  1. #1

    please help me with Ushare

    hi
    im trying to configure ushare

    ive installed ushare 1.03 by using
    Code:
    ipkg install ushare
    and edited the conf file to look like this

    my Ushare.conf :
    Code:
    # /etc/ushare.conf
    # Configuration file for uShare
    
    # uShare UPnP Friendly Name (default is 'uShare').
    USHARE_NAME=WL700gE
    
    # Interface to listen to (default is eth0).
    # Ex : USHARE_IFACE=eth1
    USHARE_IFACE=br0
    
    # Port to listen to (default is random from IANA Dynamic Ports range)
    # Ex : USHARE_PORT=49200
    USHARE_PORT=42900
    
    # Directories to be shared (space or CSV list).
    # Ex: USHARE_DIR=/dir1,/dir2
    USHARE_DIR=/shares/DMSRoot
    
    # Use to override what happens when iconv fails to parse a file name.
    # The default uShare behaviour is to not add the entry in the media list
    # This option overrides that behaviour and adds the non-iconv'ed string into
    # the media list, with the assumption that the renderer will be able to
    # handle it. Devices like Noxon 2 have no problem with strings being passed
    # as is. (Umlauts for all!)
    #
    # Options are TRUE/YES/1 for override and anything else for default behaviour
    USHARE_OVERRIDE_ICONV_ERR=
    when i execute ushare:
    Code:
    opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare
    i get "SYNTAX ERROR"

    has anyone else ran into this problem?
    i thought it could be because of a text editor i was using but i used
    -notepad
    -wordpad
    -metapad
    -winvi
    -vi
    and they all gave me the same error.

    help will be much appreiciatted

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemotion View Post
    # Options are TRUE/YES/1 for override and anything else for default behaviour
    USHARE_OVERRIDE_ICONV_ERR=
    i guess, the syntax error is here,
    try to comment this line out or set it as described.
    tiwag

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tiwag View Post
    i guess, the syntax error is here,
    try to comment this line out or set it as described.
    I also have this problem, but i used only vi for ushare.conf edit

    i tried to comment it, i tried TRUE/YES/1 values and anyway im getting Syntax error

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ValoYossa View Post
    I also have this problem, but i used only vi for ushare.conf edit

    i tried to comment it, i tried TRUE/YES/1 values and anyway im getting Syntax error
    For heaven's sake don't comment out that line!!! Did you read what it does??? You are turning off an error correction mechanism!!!

    If you did declare the value of the argument of True/Yes/1 then you are telling ushare that you want to do something (that you will have to declare) with the names that ushare can't understand by default. So by enabling it without declaring how to handle these errors you are introducing more errors! Just leave the argument in the .conf as originally entered without a value. This will then allow ushare to just ignore filenames it doesn't understand (you can fix this later).

    Now, as for your other issue, I don't launch ushare as you declared. I simply call ushare directly and point to the config file (ushare -f <.conf file location>).I'll take a peek at my .conf and see if anything else is vastly different.

    More to come...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by medsource View Post
    I simply call ushare directly and point to the config file (ushare -f <.conf file location>).I'll take a peek at my .conf and see if anything else is vastly different.
    But doesnt it mean if u simple call ushare -d -f /opt/etc/ushare.conf. When u close telnet connection Ushare goes off.
    How to keep ushare work without active telnet connection to the box???

    I thought if start ushare like: opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare then it will keep work even without telnet connection.But i cant do this way cuz im getting this syntrax errors

  6. #6
    I changed the first rule in opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare into #!/opt/bin/bash.

    Sollie.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sollie View Post
    I changed the first rule in opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare into #!/opt/bin/bash.

    Sollie.
    after i chaget it on #!/opt/bin/bash it keeps saying opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare: not found... the moment i change first rule back on #!/bin/sh, again syntax error

  8. #8
    try to install bash

    ipkg install bash

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sollie View Post
    try to install bash

    ipkg install bash
    it working! Thank You very much

    i added this line '/opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare start' in my rc.local, so no it starts automatically.

    But after one problem solved another one came up. Im trying setup uShare to work with my ps3, so i need use key -d (use DLNA for ps3, otherwise i see .mp3 files as unsupported format)
    i can start uShare like 'ushare -d -f /opt/etc/ushare.conf' but this way ushare goes off as soon as i close telnet session
    if i start ushare trough rc.local like this '/opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare start' Its working, but without DLNA support.

    How can i make ushare work with -d key. I think i can change something in S99ushare but i dont know what...

    Another thing about ushare.conf i used this option USHARE_OVERRIDE_ICONV_ERR=TRUE to make japanese and chinese letters be visible in file names. Otherwise ushare just skip this kind of files so i cant simply see this files in folders

    Btw is it only my problem or you also noticed that the speed of ushare few times slower than default asus media server. I agree that ushare 300% more stable than default media server. But it takes 15 second or so to change mp3 track or 20 second to open .jpg file (about 5mb)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ValoYossa View Post

    But after one problem solved another one came up. Im trying setup uShare to work with my ps3, so i need use key -d (use DLNA for ps3, otherwise i see .mp3 files as unsupported format)
    i can start uShare like 'ushare -d -f /opt/etc/ushare.conf' but this way ushare goes off as soon as i close telnet session
    if i start ushare trough rc.local like this '/opt/etc/init.d/S99ushare start' Its working, but without DLNA support.

    How can i make ushare work with -d key. I think i can change something in S99ushare but i dont know what...
    Everything was so simple

    just vi S99ushare and add -d

    start() {
    if [ -f $PIDFILE ]; then
    echo "Warning : $PIDFILE still present. Unclean shutdown ?"
    kill -s 9 `cat $PIDFILE` 2>/dev/null
    rm -f $PIDFILE 2>/dev/null
    fi
    echo -n "Starting $DESC... "
    $DAEMON -D -d
    echo "done"
    }

    im so happy now. after two days fighting with ushare im finally started understand some things

  11. #11

    Thanks

    Thanks sollie! and yalo! your help is much appreiciatted,
    I will write a how-to soon,

    thanks again.

  12. #12

    mo

    i still cant seem to see Mp4 files with the ps3,
    does anyone know why?
    is it a prob with ps3 or Router?
    mp3 work perfect, its much more responsive too.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ValoYossa View Post
    But doesnt it mean if u simple call ushare -d -f /opt/etc/ushare.conf. When u close telnet connection Ushare goes off.
    How to keep ushare work without active telnet connection to the box???
    Glad to hear that you got it working; but, I'm confused as to why you think that once you exit out of telnet that ushare would stop working (or why it actually does for you). I've never had that happen for me. Were you not running ushare in server mode?

    Anyway, another option you could use is a direct call of the application (like the one mentioned above) in your rc.local script.

Similar Threads

  1. Ushare
    By Andrei_Ch in forum Russian Discussion - РУССКИЙ (RU)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 17-08-2012, 14:20
  2. ushare
    By bluegeek in forum WL-500g Q&A
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-03-2008, 16:24
  3. ushare on oleg with dsm520
    By Gerdi in forum WL-500gP Q&A
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-10-2007, 20:37
  4. Brauche dringend Hilfe bei ushare
    By diablo in forum German Discussion - Deutsch (DE)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-08-2006, 23:05
  5. wl500g and uShare media server
    By avberk in forum WL-500g/WL-500gx Tutorials
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 07:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •