Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Setup a personal web server

  1. #1

    Setup a personal web server

    Hi

    I have just bought a WL-700 and setup the unit to be accessed from WAN. All is working well. The question I have is when I connect remotely from Internet to my web site (setup with Dyndns) I get the router config/admin page. The question I have is how do I show my personal web pages I have created and uploaded to router WEB folder? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by azizzarazel View Post
    Hi

    I have just bought a WL-700 and setup the unit to be accessed from WAN. All is working well. The question I have is when I connect remotely from Internet to my web site (setup with Dyndns) I get the router config/admin page. The question I have is how do I show my personal web pages I have created and uploaded to router WEB folder? Thanks.
    From within your lan you need to type <www.yourwebaddress.dyndns.com:8081> (without the brackets of course)

    If you are outside your lan then the :8081 is not needed.

  3. #3

    Same issue

    Hi medsource

    Thanks for your prompt response, but the issue is that I get the same result i.e. get the log in to my admin page of the router. Where do I put my web pages do I replace the index.html and the files currently in WEB folder.

    If so once I have done that would that not remove my admin login, how would I then log in to admin the router? Am I missing something here.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by azizzarazel View Post
    Hi medsource

    Thanks for your prompt response, but the issue is that I get the same result i.e. get the log in to my admin page of the router. Where do I put my web pages do I replace the index.html and the files currently in WEB folder.

    If so once I have done that would that not remove my admin login, how would I then log in to admin the router? Am I missing something here.

    Thanks
    Ah, I think I get where you are going. Your personal web page goes in the Photo folder (yeah I know it makes no sense). You need to turn ON the web server and turn OFFthe default web page and turn ON the photo website in the admin GUI pages. This should do the trick (you'll still need to use the :8081 suffix when on your lan).

  5. #5

    working but only inside internal network

    Hi Medsource

    Thankt for the info, tried it last night work great. The files in photo folder and works good. Only that I can only surfe the web site internally, using 192.1.1.1:8081 from external (internet) I still get router web admin page.

    I have opened ports on the router.
    TCP 80 to 192.1.1.1
    TCP 443 to 192.1.1.1
    TCP 20 to 192.1.1.1
    TCP 21 to 192.1.1.1

    With FTP I can connect to share and works really well but the Web site I keep hitting router web admin, must be that I have not opened some other ports. Any help. thanks

  6. #6
    Are you really surfing from the extranet (I mean like surfing from a neighbors house) or are you simply surfing to your public ip / domain from within your lan again? If it is the latter then you will still need the :8081. If you are really on the extranet then the :8081 is not needed. Also I'm pretty sure the ports you stated were already open, you didn't need to explicitly declare them.

    hope this helps...

  7. #7

    personal web server on port 80

    I got a response from Asus support, for some reason they have blocked port 80 and only allow port allocation 8081 upward. Bit of a nightmare as now I need to get another router as my current router can't handle port triggering.

    Hopefully my new Linksys router on order should do the job which then trigger port 80 from interanet and point it to port 8081 on wl700.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by azizzarazel View Post
    I got a response from Asus support, for some reason they have blocked port 80 and only allow port allocation 8081 upward. Bit of a nightmare as now I need to get another router as my current router can't handle port triggering.

    Hopefully my new Linksys router on order should do the job which then trigger port 80 from interanet and point it to port 8081 on wl700.
    Well I'm not sure why asus would tell you this. I just checked my website using the ip only and no extra port numbers from my workplace (eg an outside location) and everything went as expected. Did you remove the explicit port remapping that you stated above??? If not then I think you are actually forcing the user config login and preventing loading your intended personal website from the outside world.

    I was looking at some of your other posts... are you using another router in front of the wl-700ge??? If so this changes things a lot!!!
    Last edited by medsource; 08-10-2007 at 22:33.

  9. #9

    Setup a personal web server

    Yes I'm using a actiontec router in front of the wl700. wl700 is setup as AP and using behind just like another device behind by current router.

    I forward the ports on to wl700 and on port 8081 its routed and I get my web server but when I router port 80 I get the config page of the wl700 from the WEB. What are the issues does this introduce?

Similar Threads

  1. How to Setup FTp Server for WAN?
    By CrackMe in forum WL-500gP Q&A
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 07:00
  2. HowTo install a lightweight blog server
    By Tamadite in forum WL-500g/WL-500gx Tutorials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 02:46
  3. How to get Access to WEB server (Apache) ?
    By killroy in forum WL-500gP Q&A
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-11-2006, 15:36
  4. Gameserver
    By blingbling in forum WL-500gP Q&A
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-07-2006, 16:37
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2006, 20:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •