Thread: Custom Firmware v1.1.2.7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Last edited by Whissi; 28-12-2006 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Whissi
    After I flashed, the power-led is blinking. The Disk-Status is "File system inconsistence". I try'ed a filecheck - nothing changed.
    Your disk is fine. I removed some Asus specific code from the "watchdog" loop. That code checks each ~5 seconds if the HDD is present by creating a directory, checking if it's there and then removing it again. By removing that piece of code the Asus now permanently believes that the filesystem is inconsistent and that is indicated by a flashing powerled and in the webinterface. Ignore it for now, I will fix that in the next custom firm version. Another symptom is that the Asus can not be brought down anymore by pressing the button.

How do I have to cónfigure nfs to work with my dbox2?
    The only thing is to edit the file /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc/exports. There you indicate which directories you wish to share to one or more PCs.
    You can do that with the vi editor which is part of the busybox and busybox.new in /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/bin or with a unix friendly editor such as ultraedit. In case you like to use vi you open a telnet session and type:
    /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/bin/busybox vi /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc/exports

In case you use ultraedit you must share part1 (rw) via the webinterface.

JockyW

Last edited by Whissi; 28-12-2006 at 22:55.

I had similar thoughts The ethernet nic and wlan nic must have different ip addresses. Atm they have the same address. I have to look into using ifconfig to configure different addresses. Once that is solved the wlan can be in AP mode. If you have an existing wlan router the asus can also be a wlan client.

I don't have much time atm, so either wait or inspire someone else to do this job.

JockyW

Give it a shot: Configure the asus as an Access Point (AP) and try.

JockyW