Thread: Streaming Nero Digital (or mp4), avi video files..

Streaming Nero Digital (or mp4), avi video files..

Guys.. I have a dlink dsm-510 media lounge that is connected to my TV.. this basically connects to the wl-700ge wirelessly and streams audio, video and jpeg..
    the dlink is capable of streaming avi and mp4 video formats.. BUT when for some reason with my asus wl-700ge as the media server.. I am not able to view these files once the media lounge picks up the router as a server.. In videos the only format that works is mpg..
    instead, if I stream media files from my PC instead of the router, the dlink media lounge picks up most of the formats and I am able to view avi and mp4 video files on my TV without any problem..

Is there a fix that I can do to get the wl700ge to stream mp4 and avi files? (This is assuming it is incapable of doing them).. Can someone help me with this please? I appreciate it.

not a single reply...no body has a clue??

Quote Originally Posted by emailpr View Post
    not a single reply...no body has a clue??
    Lonely here...
    I don't know either, but I betTwonky will do it.

Greets,
    Marc

Wizd....

Try installing Wizd on both you computer and router ot check for results.

I have a pinnacle showcenter and had different problems concerning playback, but the wizd program solved most of them..

Overall performance was better on my old wl-500gx

I had some success by replacing the dlink dsm -510 with a dlink dsm 520. I was able to view avi, vob, divx and xvid files (all types of avi files)..EXCEPT mp4 files..
    I am guessing it has something to do with the decoding ability of the medialounge that is hooked to my TV.. and NOT the asus router.. which I think is just transmitting the raw data on to the media lounge.

If anybody knows anything more about this.. lemme know.

thanks,

You could also try uShare. I'm running it instead of the default as I get fewer crashes with my PS3

Medsource.. can you explain how to install ushare? I am not very familiar with Linux. Thanks.

also medsource.. are you able to stream mp4 with it?

Medsource.. can you explain how to install ushare? I am not very familiar with Linux. Thanks.
    1. You'll need to be running a custom firmware (such as Kfurge 1.0.4.6 2a)

2. Install the uShare software via ipkg (same as you would any other ipkg install)

3. Edit the config file and launch.

also medsource.. are you able to stream mp4 with it?
    Dunno, haven't tried, but; the website for the uShare does say that mp4 is supported.