Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: [HowTo] Install and configure Oleg's firmware

Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    Hi,

Any idea, any solution ?

Darius
    Have you tried firmware from here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/ ? This firmware has been compiled on 15-Mar-2009 and seems to be very stable. I installed it yesterday and I din't found no bugs till now. So, it seems that swap space has got some improvements in this firmware. Give it a try!

from Wengi tutorial:

Some settings are necessary for MC to run properly.
    Code:

Code:
    echo "export TERMINFO=/opt/share/terminfo">>/opt/etc/profile
    echo "alias mc=\"mc -c\"">>/opt/etc/profile
    make profile executable:
    Code:

Code:
    chmod +x /opt/etc/profile
    By the way .... have you tried to work with WinSCP (Opensource)? It's possible after that you do not work with MC anymore
    Last edited by adrianio; 25-03-2009 at 09:57.
    Router ASUS WL500GPv2 with Oleg WL500gpv2-1.9.2.7-d-r1222.trx

Till now, in any firmware I tried, I have connected with WinSCP without any problem. Now, I connect OK through WinSCP, but when I want to edit a file (example: man.conf), I obtain the following message:
    Code:
    Received error message from remote side: 'scp: man.conf: not a regular file'
    And after that the file I want to edit (or simply view) opens empty.
    This behavior does not apply to every file. There are some files that I can open/view. I cannot find a rule for that files opens or not.

I can copy remote files to local directory and I can rename remote files that I cannot open.

I respond now to myself: I installed bash and it installed profile under /opt/etc and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib. It seems that my error came from here...
    Last edited by adrianio; 25-03-2009 at 20:23.

Is it the same behaviour if you try to edit / view these files on command line?

wengi
    Übersicht aller HowTos --- HowTo Overview (mostly german)
    WL-HDD mit diesem Setup. --- WL-HDD with this setup.
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by wengi View Post
    Is it the same behaviour if you try to edit / view these files on command line?

wengi
    Yes Wengi, after posting I found that the behavior is the same on command line. But I solve it, by simply renaming "/opt/etc/profile" file who was replaced by "ipkg install bash"! The error has came from exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib (ipkg and wget has stopped working too).
    I think that it is possible to work with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, but after installing optware packages for wget and busybox. But it is possible that another original package to be affected by this ...
    Last edited by adrianio; 26-03-2009 at 09:24.

how can i instal and config a graph for wl-500gp V2??

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow View Post
    how can i instal and config a graph for wl-500gp V2??
    Could you please specify what kind of graph do you need?

Hello!
    As first (as almost everybody) I want to thank You for that really precious and great tutorial. I successfully configured my new wl500-gp router with basic linux knowledge.
    After first try and some additional settings (because of different root username, IP address, etc.) everything working like a charm.

I have a small problem just with one thing: Transmission is connected to trackers in Passive mode. This cause less peers, slower downloading and of course, I can help less leechers with my upload speed.
    When I had such problem on local PC with uTorrent than I set up NAT and it worked, but now I do not know what to do. The router is directly connected to internet so it does not need port forwading - am I right?
    I also tried a crazy thing - created NAT with inner IP address of router as destination IP but of course - does not work.

Do have anybody idea, how to solve this 'problem'?

EDIT:
    So, after 2 days it was enough to ask here and I solved problem myself .
    Solution for others with the same problem: just open port as wengi did it for ssh in the tutorial.

Add the following lines to the /usr/sbin/post-firewall file:

#!/bin/sh
    # Transmission
    iptables -I INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 51413 -j ACCEPT
    Last edited by HoGo; 30-03-2009 at 23:59. Reason: Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by HoGo View Post
    Could you please specify what kind of graph do you need?
    i found ...tnx http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=2848

ASUS and Seagate 1TB

I just did this configuration and it works great, but could you please tell what I must change to access HDD using ftp from WAN?
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by GS_IT View Post
    I just did this configuration and it works great, but could you please tell what I must change to access HDD using ftp from WAN?
    Thank You
    There are two main solutions as I know: unsecure and secure.

Unsecure is simple opening the ftp port (21) from the outside adding exclusion to firewall - add following lines to the /usr/sbin/post-firewall file:

#!/bin/sh
    # Transmission
    iptables -I INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
    Than you can connect via ftp using the created ftp user and access directories, where you have rights to go.

Much more secure is opening random high port the same way as before, redirect it to ssh port (22) and using tunneling for ftp port on existing ssh connection.
    If you are interested about this solution, just write and I will try to create a little tutorial.

Of course there are much more solutions based of sftp or samba+windows sharing, etc.

boot problem

now i have some other problems after I installed php-thttph ( if i'm not somewhere wrong).

some services didn''t start after boot.
    [admin@WL-001FC64989AD root]$ ps axf
    BusyBox v1.1.3 (2008.03.17-18:24+0000) multi-call binary
    Usage: ps
    [admin@WL-001FC64989AD root]$

when i try to mkdir /opt/tmp/ router says read-nly filesystem.
    this means - i havent mountet my hdd.

how i can solve this problem?

hi,

post result of "mount" and "ps".
    Maybe your filesystem is checked. This will take some time..

wengi
    Übersicht aller HowTos --- HowTo Overview (mostly german)
    WL-HDD mit diesem Setup. --- WL-HDD with this setup.
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)

ps axf and mount

so if I have 1Tb harddrive, then this will take a LONG TIME.
    Ok. when the checking will be done, i'll write if the problem still exist.

Boot

When I got home, everything was ok.

VPN

Is it possible to create VPN connection from wan to router? this would solve many problems

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast