Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What would you add to a 1.0.7.8 firmware image

Maybe an other stupid question but is there any way to redesign the user interface?
    I took a look into the 2.0.0.7 GUI and i really liked it (most of it ) - perhaps there is a way to "pimp" the GUI with a few gimmicks.

I know its absolutly low prio in case of what you/we are trying to archieve, but if its easy, i would offer help for a new interface.
    Where our calculations fail we talk about coincidence.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pixelartist View Post
    I know its absolutly low prio in case of what you/we are trying to archieve, but if its easy, i would offer help for a new interface.
    It's not easy because all of the back-end processing is made up of unchangeable binary blobs. In addition, a substantial portion of the front-end is generated at compile time for different language support (at one point my router was speaking to me in Chinese!).

Perhaps you can help build an interface for the additional optware modules.

- K.C.

@back2basic - Help with drupal

back2basic,

A couple of favors please...

1) I'd like to upload a .nas image and rc.local example to your drupal site and it is not allowing me to upload non-standard extensions. I noticed you were able to do this, can you please extend the same privilege to my account?

2) The drupal portion of the site seems legacy. Can/should/will my new 1.0.7.8 content be automagically mirrored somewhere to the main site?

3) Do you have enough bandwidth to support the downloads?

4) Is there a way to contact you on the drupal site instead of posting here?

Thanks.

- K.C.

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    back2basic,

A couple of favors please...

1) I'd like to upload a .nas image and rc.local example to your drupal site and it is not allowing me to upload non-standard extensions. I noticed you were able to do this, can you please extend the same privilege to my account?

2) The drupal portion of the site seems legacy. Can/should/will my new 1.0.7.8 content be automagically mirrored somewhere to the main site?

3) Do you have enough bandwidth to support the downloads?

4) Is there a way to contact you on the drupal site instead of posting here?

Thanks.

- K.C.

Hi,
    1) gonne changes youre account to a admin account so you also have full access
    (jpg jpeg gif png txt html doc xls pdf ppt pps odt ods odp rar zip tar gz nas local ipkg) these extensions can be uploaded, I can add some more if you need them)

2) I'll do a weekly manual update to the main site or when some major updates have done.

3) my bandwith is unlimited cause i run my server @home, max upload is about 120Kb/s (traffic right now is about 5Gb a month)

4) you can always mail me @ r.vanhezik@orange.nl or
    msn r.vanhezik@wanadoo.nl
    Last edited by back2basic; 23-01-2008 at 16:06.

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

woohoo! its nearly here. great stuff KC (and back2basic for the hosting) - i've got a free evening tomorrow, seems like its going to be full now installing that firmware...

Quote Originally Posted by back2basic View Post
    Hi,
    (jpg jpeg gif png txt html doc xls pdf ppt pps odt ods odp rar zip tar gz nas local ipkg) these extensions can be uploaded, I can add some more if you need them)

2) I'll do a weekly manual update to the main site or when some major updates have done.

3) my bandwith is unlimited cause i run my server @home, max upload is about 120Kb/s (traffic right now is about 5Gb a month)

If the firmware generate too much traffic, i will gladly mirror it on my site (Running at servage)

Thanks to you both for running a nice site and creating great firmwares

Quote Originally Posted by Henrikh View Post
    If the firmware generate too much traffic, i will gladly mirror it on my site (Running at servage)

Thanks to you both for running a nice site and creating great firmwares
    a extra mirror to download is always nice.
    Let's first wait on the firmware

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Let's first wait on the firmware
    The wait is over, everything is finally posted.

Hi,

Thank you for everything. Could you add .tgz and .diff to your list of extensions?

- K.C.
    Last edited by Omega; 07-02-2017 at 09:22.

done

Question

Hi! Great job! Thks a lot!!
    Please!! I need it!!

Connection - PPTP.
    Additional pppd options: require-mschap-v2 require-mppe-128 require-mppe nomppe-stateful noauth maxfail 0

I just realized that there would be one cool feature to add to the firmware and I think it shouldn't be hard to implement.

Since wl700gE can download torrents, I don't run my PC on 24/7 anymore, but from time to time, I need to connect to my PC anyway.

Would it be possible to add some WOL program to the image, so we can wake PCs in LAN?

Thanx,
    D.

12. pptp + dhcp: it's possible on wl-700ge with custom firmware?
    Last edited by korotetsky; 13-05-2008 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by korotetsky View Post
    pptp + dhcp: it's possible on wl-700ge with custom firmware?
    Yes.

- K.C.

Did you plan release new version firmware ?
    If not, give please link for source code.
    WL-700GE,rtorrent,amule, mldonkey, ïðîøèâêà kfurge
    ÂÑÅ íà âûáîðû !
    Äëÿ íîâè÷êîâ è ëåíèâûõ

15. 'traceroute' command

where is it?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast