Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you add to a 1.0.7.8 firmware image

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    OK, thanks.

I tried to log in and could not. Probably forgot my password... The "Forgot your password?" link reported and error and told me to contact the site administrator. ;-)

Could you please reset my account and send an e-mail to the registered address? TIA.

- K.C.
    Its dumped in youre mail, I'll check my mailserver why its giving that error

grtzz
    Ron

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Any progress on 1.0.7.8 Kfurge firmware image?

Please let us know something...

Thanks

It would be nice to have the list of packages shown in similar way to XWRT:
    http://voru.wifi.ee/webadmin/WRT54GL...em-ipkg.sh.htm

and to have the file editor:
    http://voru.wifi.ee/webadmin/WRT54GL...-editor.sh.htm

and to have other optons like QoS and Dyndns (looks like Oleg's vertion of dyndns does not work for me):
    http://voru.wifi.ee/webadmin/WRT54GL...ork-qos.sh.htm
    http://voru.wifi.ee/webadmin/WRT54GL...pupdate.sh.htm

Quote Originally Posted by IMM22 View Post
    Any progress on 1.0.7.8 Kfurge firmware image?

Please let us know something...

Thanks
    Yes, it's coming along. I just got another router to test with today.

- K.C.

Talking

I flashed my first custom 1.0.7.8 image and it seems to work OK! Once I confirm I can get optware packages running on it, I'll release it along with build instructions.

- K.C.

I flashed my first custom 1.0.7.8 image and it seems to work OK! Once I confirm I can get optware packages running on it, I'll release it along with build instructions.

- K.C.
    good news.

- K.C.
    Great News! Cant´t wait to see your new custum 1.0.7.8-image
    kfurge: Thanks for your great work for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by muckinger View Post
    Great News! Cant´t wait to see your new custum 1.0.7.8-image
    kfurge: Thanks for your great work for the community.
    I second that, can't wait for the image. Kfurge, you are a legend!

thats really good news thx for you efforts

Telnet on the WAN interface on 1.0.7.8

Can anyone confirm whether or not telnet access is open on the WAN interface by default with the Asus 1.0.7.8 firmware? I think it is, but my test router is not configured as a gateway.

If so, I'll modify it to only be activate it on the LAN side.

- K.C.

Can anyone confirm whether or not telnet access is open on the WAN interface by default with the Asus 1.0.7.8 firmware? I think it is, but my test router is not configured as a gateway.

- K.C.
    No, telnet is not open to WAN by default, tested it several times with webscanners.

ps.: have you close ftp to wan by default? ..its the only port open after disabling web,photoalbun etc.

greetz

can i ask for an idiots guide on flashing with this firmware release.. I'm not very confident with linux, but i can follow instructions!

Quote Originally Posted by elgatoz View Post
    No, telnet is not open to WAN by default, tested it several times with webscanners.
    Thank you.

Interesting, though... Utelnetd claims to be listening on all ports when it starts. Without the firewall enabled (which is default), I would tend to believe that includes both the internal interface (br0) and the external interface (eth0).

Do you have the firewall enabled? If not, could you please confirm that telnet works on the LAN side and is blocked on the WAN side? I would very much appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by elgatoz View Post
    ps.: have you close ftp to wan by default? ..its the only port open after disabling web,photoalbun etc.
    Do you want to ftp from the LAN side? If not, just kill vsftpd.

- K.C.

Quote Originally Posted by tuepen View Post
    can i ask for an idiots guide on flashing with this firmware release.. I'm not very confident with linux, but i can follow instructions!
    You'll be able to flash it with the Asus flashing tools. No Linux experience necessary.

- K.C.

Thank you.

Interesting, though... Utelnetd claims to be listening on all ports when it starts. Without the firewall enabled (which is default), I would tend to believe that includes both the internal interface (br0) and the external interface (eth0).

Do you have the firewall enabled? If not, could you please confirm that telnet works on the LAN side and is blocked on the WAN side? I would very much appreciate it.
    I tested it with enabled firewall of course (i didnt know anymore if its enabled by default or not). Without it there's no input-chain and telnet is open to wan, thats for sure. So you're right that is listening on all interfaces and attaching it to br0 only is a good idea and best setting anyway.

Do you want to ftp from the LAN side? If not, just kill vsftpd.
    Yes, i want ftp from the LAN side, but there's no possibility to close FTP to WAN by the webinterface, so I (must still) manually delete the rule from the input-chain after every reboot

greetz

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast