Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you add to a 1.0.7.8 firmware image

Hey, any news on the kfurge 1.0.7.8 image? :-)

Hi!

Sorry, i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for it - but is it possible to install an IMAP server on the WL700ge? Does this affect what needs to be part of the firmware?

Hinnerk

any news. i want a new image

No new news. I've been distracted lately and unable to work on the project. I promise something will surface this winter.

- K.C.

I hope something will happen because i need really a 100 % working torrent programm and i am a noob .

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    No new news. I've been distracted lately and unable to work on the project. I promise something will surface this winter.

- K.C.
    kfurge... thank you again for running with this project.

If there is still room in the new feature list, I think a more robust QOS for VOIP would be very beneficial. The current bandwidth management tool doesn't work for the ports requested by Vonage.

hey i think we all want only a working bt client and maybe hdd spindown nothing else :P I will donate if he maked it so he can get 15 € from me for his work (its fair)!

Quote Originally Posted by SliderMKH6 View Post
    hey i think we all want only a working bt client and maybe hdd spindown nothing else :P I will donate if he maked it so he can get 15 € from me for his work (its fair)!
    Why would you only want bt if this box if capable of so much more,like leeching from newsservers , or running a php/mysql page for testing or so....

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

php and mysql is nice too but i prefere my windows system for that! I think the importent things are bt client and hdd spindown (all want it -> was the main reason for most people to buy this router^^) but the rest is a good idea too

...and i want to run groupware on it (kolab). Is anyone else doing that?

Hinnerk

usenet news server...

with synchronization from other servers.
    This disposal may be interesting.
    It is possible in new custom firmware ?

P.S. Sorry my english.

Hello Kfurge.
    Do you plan to inject Multicast support in your build?
    If yes, how soon?
    Many ppl badly need it...
    Ive try to do it myself but im was stopped on rebuilding kernel :/ Too hard for me now

Thanks for answer.

Late December update...

I dusted off my 1.0.7.8 project and have a set of diffs against the Asus distribution that allow for a clean non-root build of the firmware. I'll be posting my progress regularly and try to provide intermediate drops for feedback. The first drop will be an equivalent of what I did for 1.0.4.6.

I'll be acquiring another router for testing and development purposes so I won't have to experiment with my "production" box. With this new box, I should be able to make some rapid progress.

- K.C.

P.S. Back2basic... If you're listening... I wanted to post my progress on your site. What happened!?! I liked the old interface *much* better. Did you transfer existing accounts from the old site to the new one?

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post

P.S. Back2basic... If you're listening... I wanted to post my progress on your site. What happened!?! I liked the old interface *much* better. Did you transfer existing accounts from the old site to the new one?
    The "Old" Website is still online @ http://wl700g.homelinux.net/drupal
    The "New" wl700g.homelinux.net/portal/ is just a copy off that site , to make it more clearer for the users to read ( build on joomla )

I'm still in the process of transfering the accounts to the new site, But the Drupal site will always be available

When you enter the /portal there is a link on top of the page that links to the Development(drupal)

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Quote Originally Posted by back2basic View Post
    I'm still in the process of transfering the accounts to the new site, But the Drupal site will always be available
    OK, thanks.

I tried to log in and could not. Probably forgot my password... The "Forgot your password?" link reported and error and told me to contact the site administrator. ;-)

Could you please reset my account and send an e-mail to the registered address? TIA.

- K.C.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast