Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you add to a 1.0.7.8 firmware image

I've been a little distracted lately. Things will pick up when the weather gets colder in the northern hemisphere. Right now, I have the an image with a bunch of packages pre-installed. I haven't flashed it into a router yet, that'll happen shortly.

- K.C.

Perhaps question to different forum, but also a wish related to the new firmware image.

Does the current FW kernel have multicast support enabled?

Would it be possible to include it in the next release of your firmware, perhaps add also mrouted (which I am not able to find as IPKG package :-(

Thanks.
    Last edited by dolphine; 20-09-2007 at 20:17.

Multicast is not currently enabled in the kernel.

- K.C.

Support for modern webcams (are on sale now)...

Hi all, and personal hi for kfurge!!!

Whether probably to add support for modern webcams (distinct from philips on PCVC680K, PCVC750K, pcvc820K, PCVC830K, PCVC840K chipset) ??? Supported now Philips webcam are very oldest, and they are difficult for finding in sale ... I whole day has been busy in searches any oldest Philips webcam (in my Moscow internet) for buy, but has not found nothing...
    p.s. sorry for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by SVG View Post
    Hi all, and personal hi for kfurge!!!

Whether probably to add support for modern webcams (distinct from philips on PCVC680K, PCVC750K, pcvc820K, PCVC830K, PCVC840K chipset) ??? Supported now Philips webcam are very oldest, and they are difficult for finding in sale ... I whole day has been busy in searches any oldest Philips webcam (in my Moscow internet) for buy, but has not found nothing...
    p.s. sorry for my English.
    And I subscribe that !! Have to router as a survanace system seems so good

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    Multicast is not currently enabled in the kernel.

- K.C.
    Thanks - at least I know that "playing" will not help and if I want to make it work I have either to:
    - start with openwrt
    - build new kernel
    which is both more time consuming than I can invest without affecting my family life :-)

Any chance it gets to your new FW? Is there anything I can do to support this?

-dlf

Quote Originally Posted by dolphine View Post
    Any chance it gets to your new FW? Is there anything I can do to support this?
    Should be do-able.

- K.C.

Any chance on using the web interface form the v2 firmware?

Should be do-able.

- K.C.
    Thank you very much in advance.

torrentfluxx

Hi kfurge,

i think for downloading torrents, the
    torrentfluxx project will be a very good choice.
    I tested it on a linux root server. It was very stable and easy to use/configure via webinterface.

Needs httpd and sql.

Regards

sirsmokealot

I've been a little distracted lately. Things will pick up when the weather gets colder in the northern hemisphere. Right now, I have the an image with a bunch of packages pre-installed. I haven't flashed it into a router yet, that'll happen shortly.

- K.C.
    Hi K.C,

Just a word of thanks on your efforts for the community

The Wl-700 has a copy function on front panel, where you can load data from USB key.
    1. Is this functionality open to allow modification? do you know.
    2. If so would you think it's technically possible to integrate a USB DVD player to back up DVD's onto the HDD.

I am willing to roll up the sleeves and start programming, willing to learn to help the community. May be it could be done with Ipk? what do you think?

If possible this would be on the wish list along with better support for Ushare and Bit torrent.

I want only a fully working download master with very good Bit-Torrent support. That is my goal. Question? if you make this i only need to give the router the new firmware update (nothing more?) and it works than?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo1007 View Post
    1. Is this functionality open to allow modification? do you know.
    2. If so would you think it's technically possible to integrate a USB DVD player to back up DVD's onto the HDD.
    Both items should be possible. Button presses can be trapped. In fact, I rerouted the power on-off button on my router to my own custom script to do a couple of things before calling the Asus routines.

- K.C.

rc.local

Is it possible to get some error handling in rc.local or devide into more scripts?
    I have experienced a couple crashes due to error in rc.local when I add a new line to startup a feature.

Is it possible to startup the core and then additional features after?

It should be possible to do via rc.local then additional with a cronjob that starts once at reboot. But it would be better to have all in one place and error handled in some way... like "on error resume next" handling.

Good ideas:
    Top priority:
    All of my patches applied (cpu load, entropy, etc.)
    HDD spin down (fixed first, then configurable)
    Workable command line environment (bash, ipkg, termcap, tz, busybox, default profiles, etc.)
    CUPS to replace printd
    Latest Samba
    Separate web interface for enhancements
    Replacement BT client (MLDonkey)
    Not so good:
    Top priority:
    Updated mt-daapd - too heavy, the better choise is uShare
    Web server (lighttpd) - why for? not wanted for most users (use ipkg install for profs.)
    Dropbear - the same. not for the most users.
    My suggsestion:
    1. Two interfaces for WAN (PPPoE/ppptp + LAN) - there are problem in this topic. if you try to create two WAN interfaces like this:
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0 up
    , after PPPoE get reconnect, all settings for eth0 will be lost and you get only ppp0 interface still workable. This is great problem for users having LAN with PPPoE internet access: just only internet via PPPoE or just only LAN.
    2. the MTU problem for white box. If you set MTU value via web interface, it's work only for your home network but not for whitebox, so to use white box as server you should set
    ifconfig ppp0 mtu xxxx
    to make you box work properly.

P.S. kfurge, please contact me via PM, i just want to ask you some advise about LAN+PPPoE problems to make right way to solve this problem and i'm ready to share my lifelength for 1.0.7.8 firmware image
    Last edited by mawr; 22-10-2007 at 22:38.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast