Thread: HOWTO: MLDonkey as Download Manager for WL-700g [draft v.0.1]

Quote Originally Posted by kirnikitin View Post
    Hi!
    After starting mlnet.lite says "can't load library 'libncurses.so.5' "
    How can i install this?

Thank you/
    Install the ncurses ipkg.

- K.C.

When i install bash in step#5 of custom firmware installation manual, i recieve a message:
    Configuring adduser
    syntax error
    postinst script returned status 255
    ERROR: adduser.postinst returned 255
    Reinstalling "adduser" dont solve this problem

Issues with mldonkey client

Ok, so I've followed all the steps and have mlnet.let running on my router. I've even installed Sancho and can connect to it to monitor my downloads. The problem is, I can't actually download anything. I've only tried bittorrent so far, but that is what I'd like to be using 99% of the time. Torrents are added, and show active with sources, but the number of sources always counts down until it hits 0, availability fluctuates, rate never shows anything, and of course Downloaded stays at 0. I was able to download torrents just fine with the builtin client, so what could I have done wrong, or what did I perhaps miss?

Thanks!

Languare issues

Hello, thanks you mldonkey software. It let me to do many thing . But i have a problem about the file name, i just can see ??? string on the filename which don't write by engilish , do this problem come from language setting ?
    I can't find out how to set the language (mlnet starting show : Language EN, locale ASCII, ulimit for open files 1024). Do need set up in fireware or mldonkey? and could we set the language to UTF-8?

5. Quote Originally Posted by kirnikitin View Post
    When i install bash in step#5 of custom firmware installation manual, i recieve a message:
    Reinstalling "adduser" dont solve this problem
    Hi,

I have the same problem too. Please, write somebody, who knows the solution!

I tried commenting contents of these files: opt/lib/ipkg/info/adduser.postinst and opt/lib/ipkg/info/adduser.prerm, but I received the same error message after I release ipkg install command, for example: ipkg install zlib

Main step I got stucked, when I try running this: /opt/etc/init.d/mlnet
    I have received this error: /opt/bin/mlnet.lite: can't load library 'libz.so'
    If I try installing zlib package (ipkg install zlib), I'm not able to manage, because appears:

Installing zlib (1.2.3-2) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross
    .3-2_mipsel.ipk
    Configuring adduser
    syntax error
    postinst script returned status 255
    ERROR: adduser.postinst returned 255
    Nothing to be done
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget
    kg-EViq7m http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/s
    -2_mipsel.ipk'
    Failed to download zlib. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

I'm helpless, because 'ipkg update' is fully useless.
    Last edited by metamorphose; 11-10-2007 at 20:15.

i worked around this issue by commenting out the command in

/opt/lib/ipkg/info/adduser.postinst

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

#update-alternatives --install /opt/bin/su su /opt/bin/adduser-su 30

then run
    Code:
    ipkg update
    ipkg upgrade
    ipkg install zlib
    HTH. brgds
    Last edited by tiwag; 12-10-2007 at 06:14.
    tiwag

7. Thanx, but I have managed successfully my problem:

1. I uninstalled adduser

2. and I noticed that the main issue situated in core of error message, because name resolving does not work at all, that's why ipkg is not be able to update download packages etc. I have found a tip on the net: my resolv.conf file is empty, to fix this, I typed into resolv.conf

nameserver 192.168.1.1

At now, it was not so complicated.

After I had fixed it, I just had to download and install the proper packages for there are not dependencies any more.

Thanks man, its running. But its not that fast. Is there a way to test port forwarding?

Sollie.

Wow, i found version 2.91, its running perfect for me:

http://wl500g.dyndns.org/bin/mlnet.lite

1: replace mlnet.lite in /opt/bin with this one
    2: chmod +x /opt/bin/mlnet.lite

Sollie.

Wow, impressive. I am downloading at 500kb/s atm

11. Quote Originally Posted by Maccro View Post
    Ok, so I've followed all the steps and have mlnet.let running on my router. I've even installed Sancho and can connect to it to monitor my downloads. The problem is, I can't actually download anything. I've only tried bittorrent so far, but that is what I'd like to be using 99% of the time. Torrents are added, and show active with sources, but the number of sources always counts down until it hits 0, availability fluctuates, rate never shows anything, and of course Downloaded stays at 0. I was able to download torrents just fine with the builtin client, so what could I have done wrong, or what did I perhaps miss?

Thanks!
    Hi,

I am in same trap: I had successfully installed kfurge custom firmware, MLDonkey core program onto my WL-700gE, and Sancho GUI client (Windows version) onto my notebook. Despite of these facts my BT downloads have been stopped and have not been strting anyway.

Could sy help me? Should I modify Sancho/MLDONKEY settings or should I set port forwarding (maybe MLDONKEY uses special TCP/UDP port)?
    Last edited by metamorphose; 16-10-2007 at 07:17.

12. Oh, I had not noticed: in Tools / Connection Handler menu you can find default port (4001).

As well as I don't know where to find location of complete downloaded files, unfortunatelly.

It would indeed be a good idea to do some port forwarding, mldonkey does not support uPnP so if you dont set this up manually, you will not be directly connectable, which will result in much slower speed.

In Sancho go to:
    Tools -> Preferences -> Network -> Bittorrent -> Set BT Client port to a port of your choice

Now run this command:

Code:
    iptables -I INPUT 7 -p tcp --dport 3400-j ACCEPT
    You can ofcourse replace port 3400 with whatever port you have chosen. It is always a good idea not to use the defualt port, since many ISPs block/limit traffic on this port (6881 as far as i remember ).

You can find your completed downloads in name-of-your-router\myshare1\.mldonkey\incomming

14. Quote Originally Posted by Henrikh View Post
    It would indeed be a good idea to do some port forwarding, mldonkey does not support uPnP so if you dont set this up manually, you will not be directly connectable, which will result in much slower speed.

In Sancho go to:
    Tools -> Preferences -> Network -> Bittorrent -> Set BT Client port to a port of your choice

Now run this command:

Code:
    iptables -I INPUT 7 -p tcp --dport 3400-j ACCEPT
    You can ofcourse replace port 3400 with whatever port you have chosen. It is always a good idea not to use the defualt port, since many ISPs block/limit traffic on this port (6881 as far as i remember ).

You can find your completed downloads in name-of-your-router\myshare1\.mldonkey\incomming
    Thanx Henrikh, it seems it's working. I had found the default Sancho port and set portforwarding. Just two more little question:

1. After Sancho/MLdonkey has finished download torrent, downloaded file/files is/are disappeared. Why? How can I unhide finished downloads? I would like to see Sancho/MLdonkey is seeding torrents.

2. I am not able to select files I want to or not to download. Is it normal behaviour? I am able to do that in Bitcomet.
    Last edited by metamorphose; 27-10-2007 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by metamorphose View Post
    Thanx Henrikh, it seems it's working. I had found the default Sancho port and set portforwarding. Just two more little question:

1. After Sancho/MLdonkey has finished download torrent, downloaded file/files is/are disappeared. Why? How can I unhide finished downloads? I would like to see Sancho/MLdonkey is seeding torrents.

2. I am not able to select files I want to or not to download. Is it normal behaviour? I am able to do that in Bitcomet.
    1. MLdonkey should keep seeding torrents, until they are deleted from the \.mldonkey\torrents\seeded directory. But Sancho will not show these files, allthough it will show if anybody are downloading them from you. (in the lower port of the screen, where it says "Uploaders").

You should also be able to find these files if you go to the tab labeled "Shares".

I am aware that normal bittorent clients keeps showing the files, just showing them with the status "Seeding" instead. But you need to remember that Mldonkey is not just a bittorent client, its also a edonkey, and file transfer (http/ftp) client. So i guess thats why the have chosen this kind of structure for the client.

2. I have been looking for this possibility too, but unfortunately i guess its one of the shortcomings of mldonkey

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast